Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:53:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

QUEER EYE THREAD

Started by kittens, February 23, 2019, 10:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kittens

lads who likes queer eye. i love queer eye. who is your favourite of the fab five. mine is tan and jonathan. my favourite episode is when that gay bloke came out to his stepmum. my least favourite is when they pretended they were all religious and bobby wouldn't enter the church. please will someone nominate me to be on queer eye.

Mister Six

Tan is my favourite because it's so weird to see a bloke from Doncaster telling a fractionally homophobic guy from Tennessee how to do a French tuck.

My least favourite is the handsome cooking one who never says or does anything interesting. At least the blonde bloke blubs about the church sometimes.

Mrs Six and I decided to watch some of the original UK Queer Eye for the Straight Guy after ploughing through the original and boy howdy, it is not compelling. It's basically an hour of genuinely useful interior design and clothing tips, rather than an intense mini-drama full of manipulative music and people weeping. Genuinely unwatchable.

mothman

MrsMoth and I developed a taste for the US original while living in NZ 15 years ago. We couldn't take to the new reboot though.

Worst episode is the one with the policeman, best episode is the one where the Five Fab all go crazy about something surprising happening at the end video but now I don't remember what it was?

Blue Jam

I FUCKING LOVE QUEER EYE and Tan is the best, obviously. Here is an interview with him from today's Grauniad:

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2019/mar/09/queer-eye-tan-france-the-word-gay-was-never-mentioned-in-my-parents-home

QuoteFrance has never cried on camera. "I physically can't. I don't know what it is."

That's the Yorkshireman in you, love. Your inner Jeremy Clarkson.

kittens

almost finished the new series now. makes me cry and i love the new dog.

Norton Canes

I applied to be on but they said I was too camp.

BritishHobo

Tan and Jonathan definitely clearly the best ones. I would like to know please how you go on Queer Eye and when Queer Eye are coming to the UK for a UK series thanks. I would like to invite the Queer Eye guys in and let them just fucking have at it. Clothes, bin, house, bin, life, bin. Tell me exactly how to dress and decorate and eat thank you Queer Eye.

New season is great. Felt like an M. Night Shamylan movie in the last episode when the guy shaved his beard off without consulting anybody. And Jonathan made a joke about the post-Brexit Northern Irish border.

Ferris

Mrs Ferris watched one the other day where some old ladies made barbecue sauce in a factory. Is this a usual occurrence y/n?

kittens

well, the age of the ladies changes but yeah it's usually largely about bottling bbq sauce in a big factory.

kittens

would love to have jonathan do my hair. would also want bobby to do up my house and karamo to do up my ass

kittens

you know when they do up the houses of people that are renting. fuck's up with that. please bobby come to my house and vastly increase the resale value for my landlord.

Cuellar

The cooking one looks and acts exactly like Christian Bale in American Psycho and I'm convinced he's killed people.

I don't trust Tan. All the rest are fine, they're absolutely fine.

Ferris

Quote from: kittens on March 22, 2019, 11:43:50 AM
well, the age of the ladies changes but yeah it's usually largely about bottling bbq sauce in a big factory.

Ok v interested now. I'll pay more attention next time!

BritishHobo

Quote from: kittens on March 22, 2019, 11:50:08 AM
you know when they do up the houses of people that are renting. fuck's up with that. please bobby come to my house and vastly increase the resale value for my landlord.

I do wonder about that while working on my application for the show. They'll have to come round and phone up my letting agents to ask the landlord for permission to decorate.

Blue Jam

I am well jel of Jonathan's hair. It's so healthy and straight and shiny, how does he get it that way?

Antoni is extremely easy on the eye. I don't fancy him, I just like looking at him, like he's a pretty ornament or something.

Blue Jam

Awww I love the Americans making fun of Tan for being able to pronounce the word "squirrel" correctly

Custard

I liked the episode where they put a Trump supporter in a waistcoat.

The lads looked worried that he might be a massive homophobic racist, but it turns out he wasn't, so it was all very dramatic

Blue Jam

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on March 22, 2019, 03:21:43 AM
Mrs Ferris watched one the other day where some old ladies made barbecue sauce in a factory. Is this a usual occurrence y/n?

I loved that one. It was like Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares but with the hosts being a bit less camp.

kittens

bit of a disappointing final episode this series, but i think i cried at least once at each ep so i'm satisfied. glad they included the new dog in every episode. one day i might do a french tuck. right see you all back in this thread in a year or two.

Blue Jam

I love Bruley the luxe French bulldog. I bet he's a little fucker.

Blue Jam

After two series of "culture expert" Karamo seeming utterly pointless, he's finally being put to good use in series 3. Teaching the BLACK. LESBIAN. WOMAAAANNNNNN all about black culture and black pride, then introducing the shut-in otaku guy to the local Japanese group... It's been nice to see.

McFlymo

Quote from: Blue Jam on April 17, 2019, 08:48:57 PM
After two series of "culture expert" Karamo seeming utterly pointless, he's finally being put to good use in series 3. Teaching the BLACK. LESBIAN. WOMAAAANNNNNN all about black culture and black pride, then introducing the shut-in otaku guy to the local Japanese group... It's been nice to see.

What about Episode 4, series 1, where he helped that closet guy come out and stuff? I thought that was super sweet (and I bawled my fucking eyes out when he finally read his step mum the letter) .... and watched it very hungover, so I was quite emotional.

Hank Venture

Quote from: Blue Jam on April 17, 2019, 08:48:57 PM
"culture expert" Karamo

This guy has to go. Everything he does seems so stilted and unnatural, just for the cameras. It's cringey to the point where I can't watch it.

hermitical

He's on the latest Russell Brand podcast...

Schnapple

I have still never seen this acclaimed show, but I enjoyed Kamaro on Brand's podcast (which is great, and I might even pay for it now I have to)

Blue Jam

Interview with Jonathan here:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/21/style/jonathan-van-ness-hiv-memoir.html

Wow... I think I'll be getting his book and then finding there's something in my eye several times while reading it.

Bumping this thread to heartily recommend Queer Eye: Japan, which I am halfway through. Even better than the original because you don't have to temper your emotions by remembering that the protagonist for that week is a homophobic Navy Seal sniper or whatever.

Plus lovely, lovely Kiko

Mister Six

Are they on some kind of Netflix exchange programme with Marie Kondo?