Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 11:25:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

QUEER EYE THREAD

Started by kittens, February 23, 2019, 10:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Mister Six on January 22, 2020, 04:22:08 AM
Are they on some kind of Netflix exchange programme with Marie Kondo?

A distinct possibility. I for one am willing to forcibly bar Marie Kondo from leaving the US if by function of law it thereby forces the Fab Fav to keep making new episodes in Japan (with lovely, lovely Kiko)

New season of this out, set in Philadelphia this time.

First episode was great - gay pastor fella.

Norton Canes

Watched the first couple of minutes. At least two of the gang were wearing trainers with long socks. Would not trust them with my wardrobe.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Shameless Custard on March 28, 2019, 04:52:25 AM
I liked the episode where they put a Trump supporter in a waistcoat.

The lads looked worried that he might be a massive homophobic racist, but it turns out he wasn't, so it was all very dramatic

I've just got into this show and I think I watched this episode last night - the cop who loves Nascar?

Fucking hell, it was seriously uncomfortable. This was a year after Trump was elected and the dude was a supporter. The episode starts with his cop friend who nominated him pulling over the fab 5 as a joke (they didn't know who he was at this point) whilst Karamo is driving. The tension in the car is fucking palpable and awful. The cop tells Karamo to step out of the car and Jonathan says "I don't want him to get out" with real concern. For a show with such heavy editing, they left in this unscripted moment of horror and it was understandably very affecting. I felt so tense and freaked out and upset, it was a real moment of alternative perspective for me, seeing a black man pulled over by a white cop and him and his friends being genuinely terrified.

To my surprise the issue is confronted head on at two or three points after during the episode, most notably when Karamo and the dude are in the car alone together and he opens up about how scared he was and how at that moment beforehand he did not want to connect with him or do the episode at all. The cop, despite being the type of person he is (watch the episode if you haven't already, you'll see what I mean immediately), appears to genuinely care about the situation and even cries and says he agrees that black lives matter.

Now, I don't know if he's actually a non-racist Trump supporting Nascar loving white cop and does support BLM, or whether he became emotional because of a revelatory moment which occurred to him right there in the car, but the whole thing was just mental to watch. The 5 just don't seem quite as invested in this episode and I have no doubt at all that this is why.

Quote from: alan nagsworth on June 09, 2020, 07:41:48 PM
I've just got into this show and I think I watched this episode last night - the cop who loves Nascar?

Fucking hell, it was seriously uncomfortable. This was a year after Trump was elected and the dude was a supporter. The episode starts with his cop friend who nominated him pulling over the fab 5 as a joke (they didn't know who he was at this point) whilst Karamo is driving. The tension in the car is fucking palpable and awful. The cop tells Karamo to step out of the car and Jonathan says "I don't want him to get out" with real concern. For a show with such heavy editing, they left in this unscripted moment of horror and it was understandably very affecting. I felt so tense and freaked out and upset, it was a real moment of alternative perspective for me, seeing a black man pulled over by a white cop and him and his friends being genuinely terrified.

To my surprise the issue is confronted head on at two or three points after during the episode, most notably when Karamo and the dude are in the car alone together and he opens up about how scared he was and how at that moment beforehand he did not want to connect with him or do the episode at all. The cop, despite being the type of person he is (watch the episode if you haven't already, you'll see what I mean immediately), appears to genuinely care about the situation and even cries and says he agrees that black lives matter.

Now, I don't know if he's actually a non-racist Trump supporting Nascar loving white cop and does support BLM, or whether he became emotional because of a revelatory moment which occurred to him right there in the car, but the whole thing was just mental to watch. The 5 just don't seem quite as invested in this episode and I have no doubt at all that this is why.

Yeah, that was my least favourite episode. Not even because the guy was a Trump cop, but because he seemed a bit too much of an alpha type who could never fully get into the transformation or take it seriously.

Meanwhile the new season might have a contender for dullest episode, where the transformee is a beautiful activist woman who seems to have her life together and is not really transformed (for want of needing transformation) other than some vague discussions about focusing more on her social life, and a scene in which she learns how to roast aubergine with Antoni. (Also Bobby buys her communal house a sofa.)

Blinder Data

It's a funny show. When it's good it's really good, when the subject is a bit boring I find it deathly dull. The best one for me is still the first episode. "You can't fix ugly." What a sweetie.

alan nagsworth

Watched season 1 episode 5 last night, with the bloke who comes out to his stepmother. I was in fucking bits. He absolutely breaks when he tells her, all that repressed emotion, it was incredible to witness that. Also hilarious that he's pretty kinky behnd closed doors but very conservative IRL, but then as soon as they give him the makeover he's fucking pouting all over the shop and giving it the "come to bed eyes", strutting around like an absolute beast. Loved it.