Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:30:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Being Frank: The Chris Sievey Story (Frank Sidebottom documentary)

Started by Wayman C. McCreery, February 24, 2019, 10:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveh

Though this was a terrific documentary, not just a terrific music documentary - for which the bar is set considerably lower. Perhaps it helps that he so naturally fits into the success, fall and comeback arc but also it was rooted in his work which just shines through as well as being properly funny. It was nice as well to see the contributions of the more famous people involved largely limited to their part in his story - too often you need to skip the first 10-15 mins of recent music docs because it's just celebrities going on about how wonderful the subject is. Now if only they could make an accompanying compilation from his archive.

Flouncer

Quote from: steveh on June 23, 2019, 08:09:32 AMNow if only they could make an accompanying compilation from his archive.

I went to the Bobbins exhibition at the Central Library. There was loads of great footage in the AV booths - I sat there for a few hours with my girlfriend and we really enjoyed it . I think somebody mentioned earlier in this thread that the whole lot was supposed to be put online when the exhibition was finished. I'd like to know if/when this happens because we only scratched the surface in the time we spent there (I think there was also an audio archive which we didn't have time to get stuck into).

the

Quote from: Flouncer on June 23, 2019, 09:37:54 PMI went to the Bobbins exhibition at the Central Library. There was loads of great footage in the AV booths - I sat there for a few hours with my girlfriend and we really enjoyed it . I think somebody mentioned earlier in this thread that the whole lot was supposed to be put online when the exhibition was finished.

In the film Q&A I was at, Steve Sullivan said that the intention is to make that A/V archive publically available via the internet, but he didn't have any details on when this will happen.

Captain Crunch

Twed

That is nice. It'll take quite a few generations for Frank/Chris to fade from public consciousness, and that's a good way of distilling what was special about him.

Blumf

Blumf

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

Quote from: Blumf on July 15, 2019, 06:09:34 PM
He could have done a stonking Come to Daddy

I will eat your soul,
You know I will, I really will.

jenna appleseed

Quote from: Captain Crunch on July 13, 2019, 06:48:47 PM
Awwww.  I mean urgh!  I mean awwww.

One of those Sidebottoms is actually Pob in disguise as Frank, I swear.