Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:47:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Folding Smartphones. Mate.

Started by touchingcloth, February 25, 2019, 01:38:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

What really is a crap gimmick are those Samsung phones with the rounded edges on the screen.

olliebean

Quote from: ToneLa on March 03, 2019, 10:22:29 PM
I'd also like to not have to charge it. Surely these individual Kindle books could be converted to some sort of non-electronic format? There must be something non-electric out there that can display these Kindle words! Something roughly Kindle-sized in a progressive arrangement, I don't mind if it's a little bit thicker as long as it's roughly the same weight

Thought I had something for you there for a moment, but the things I'm thinking of are mostly noticeably heavier than a Kindle.

ToneLa

Quote from: olliebean on March 03, 2019, 11:16:59 PM
Thought I had something for you there for a moment, but the things I'm thinking of are mostly noticeably heavier than a Kindle.

Weight isn't so bad as long as you can improve on the dowdy grey colour Kindles have. How about a coverlet? Perhaps one day technology will advance to the point where every Kindle print-oot has coverlets with custom designs!

Dex Sawash

Replies From View

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on March 03, 2019, 10:53:19 PM
What really is a crap gimmick are those Samsung phones with the rounded edges on the screen.

Yeah, where the text you're reading overlaps the sides so you have to keep rocking the phone back and forth.

ToneLa

I like those. I'd love a blower that is completely cylindrical. Rotating it constantly to read a long text. It would be exciting!

What's the fascination with quadrilaterals? Even if they don't want more than four sides, a trapezium phone would be unique indeed!

Samsung should do a round phone.

Replies From View

How about a rock-shaped smartphone that you need to throw into a pond to activate?

hedgehog90

Rock-shaped or otherwise, I'd advise against throwing any live electrical devices into ponds. You risk making all the fish psychic to women's needs, and nobody wants that (not even the fish).

Glebe

Make sure you purchase an actual folding smartphone - otherwise, you'll break your smartphone!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Glebe on March 05, 2019, 02:55:48 AM
Make sure you purchase an actual folding smartphone - otherwise, you'll break your smartphone!

Wouldn't look so smart then! Hehe

shiftwork2

My mate's dad works for Samsung and he's got the new liquid phone, keeps it in his loft.

seepage

Quote from: shiftwork2 on March 05, 2019, 07:58:07 AM
My mate's dad works for Samsung and he's got the new liquid phone, keeps it in his loft.

yes, analogue 'phones are going to be the next big thing. Digital isn't fast enough yet to do all the things we need a 'phone to do. 

Replies From View

I went to America in the summer holidays and over there they have a phone that is a giant penis.  It's going to be all the rage here soon.  My Dad even bought one but you aren't allowed to see it because he says you'll break it.

olliebean

Plenty of scope for confusion and embarrassment there, as I have a giant penis that's shaped like a phone.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: shiftwork2 on March 05, 2019, 07:58:07 AM

His loft? Must be shit I reckon