Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:50:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Noble and Silver

Started by sore bottom mum, February 23, 2004, 08:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sore bottom mum

Does anyone know what this lot are up to?

I always found them amusing. They won some Edinburgh Comedy award a few years back and did a good 'comedy lab' on Ch4 2 years ago, but I haven't heard anything from them since.

Hans

They don't appear to be too popular here.  Personally, I quite liked Get Off Me.

imitationleather

They're in Garth Marenghi's Darkplace.

And they're not funny. At all. That's not just an opinon, it's a fact.

sore bottom mum

Didnt they have their own series on 4?

Hans

Quote from: "Munday's Chylde"Didnt they have their own series on 4?

Yup, it was called Noble & Silver: Get Off Me! and I enjoyed it.  I thought it was a good attempt at doing things that few before them had tried.  It wasn't the funniest of programmes but it was certainly clever and interesting.  It pains me to see them on Darkplace.

Jemble Fred

Quote from: "Hans"
Quote from: "Munday's Chylde"Didnt they have their own series on 4?

Yup, it was called Noble & Silver: Get Off Me! and I enjoyed it.  I thought it was a good attempt at doing things that few before them had tried.  It wasn't the funniest of programmes but it was certainly clever and interesting.  It pains me to see them on Darkplace.

Oh, right, well as long as it was clever, that's what fucking matters, isn't it? Personally I hate it on VWs when a poster says something along the lines of 'if I ever meet these talentless cunts I'm going to rip their skin off and shove it up their worthless arseholes', but this certainly applies to those two wastes of sperm and egg. What the fuck did you find funny about them? I've watched everything I can find that Noble & Silver have done, and not one milisecond is above the quality of a couple of GCSE Media Studies students who've been left alone in the technology cupboard.

Even Garth Merenghi deserves better, and the fact that they hang around the set of Darkplace should suggest that they now realise that they have absolutely nothing useful to contribute to British Comedy, and should go and work on the help desk at Dixons and have done with it.

Bastards, no less.

alan strang

Quote from: "Jemble Fred"Personally I hate it on VWs when a poster says something along the lines of 'if I ever meet these talentless cunts I'm going to rip their skin off and shove it up their worthless arseholes', but this certainly applies to those two wastes of sperm and egg.

I stood in close proximity to the blonde one on a packed tube about six months ago. He looked like he'd snap in a strong wind.

I liked the idea behind that Comedy Lab they did last year - the cut-up technique reminded me of an experimental 80s C4 show. But it would only have worked properly if it hadn't featured Noble & Silver. They have no comedy personae to rest their 'art installation' conceit on.

QuoteEven Garth Merenghi deserves better, and the fact that they hang around the set of Darkplace should suggest that they now realise that they have absolutely nothing useful to contribute to British Comedy, and should go and work on the help desk at Dixons and have done with it.

Most of the cast of Darkplace have performed at the Hen & Chickens in Islington - often on the same bill of an evening. I suspect Ayaode and Holness are just doing them a favour, getting them involved.

Noble and Silver shouldn't work in Dixons though - all the TVs would have their face on them. And some washing machines too.