Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:04:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

How big is your "Pile of shame"???

Started by LanceUppercut, February 25, 2019, 09:57:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LanceUppercut

So as the question  says how big is everyone's gaming pile of shame??

I have 368 games on my xbox one, including  all the 360 BC games. Looking at them i have only completed 20 of them 30 max!!

I have a real problem with buying games when there in the numerous sales throughout the year, can't seem to turn down a bargain  when there's  a 50-60 quid game been sold for a tenner. I self imposed a ban on myself buying any more last month, but crumbled when Gears 4 was been sold for 3quid!.

Looking through theres probably 30 games i have bought and never even booted up. My aim now is to start getting through them one by one and getting them deleted off the console, but i can see this taking years and years so it looks like ill be stuck with my Xbox even when the next gen of consoles are released, but its always nice to have something to fall back on when im bored of youtube or binging Netflix.

Anyone else stockpiling digital downloads when there sold off cheap??

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

About ten or fifteen: A bunch that I bought in a Humble Bundle a few years ago (although I was only really interested in a couple of them) some more that were free on Steam, a few on PS4 that I downloaded in a sale after I upgraded the hard disk inNovember and a few more from the shops. Also, a friend got me the Elder Scrolls collection some years ago, but even one of them seems like too much of a mammoth undertaking.

Also also, I started the original Fallout several years ago. I didn't find it to be my cup of tea, but I feel like I ought to give it another go at some point.

biggytitbo

I bought a load of cheap ps4 games last year and I'm working my way through them methodically. Hit some duffers at the moment, shadow of war was boring and Battlefield hardline is total fluff, but have bloodborne, until dawn and lost legacy to look forward to.

Kryton

280 games on Steam. Some of them came bundled with others or were gifted or had free weekend access. Some I bought drunk.

Out of those 280 games I have a favourite section with about 20 games.

Out of those 20 games, I play about 5 of them semi-regularly.

I should basically make a 'To play' list and dive into the likes of X3 , Alan Wake, Dishonoured, Planet coaster, Kenshi, The Forest, Alien: Isolation, Dark souls III. There's a few games mentioned that i might need a better rig to play on though, especially the last two.

biggytitbo

You gotta play Dishonored and Alien Isolation. Amazing games.

Replies From View

[tag]people with seemingly infinite shelf space[/tag]

Space ghost

we buy them and they're delivered through the air by magic granddad! that's right we recieve no physical item for our purchases haha we win again.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Alien Isolation is certainly worth a go, but there's no shame in quitting it long before you get to the end. It does drag itself out.

LanceUppercut

I really struggled with Alien isolation, scattered checkpoints and losing 20-30 minutes of progress is something i dont have time for.

I have continued my game of Ryse as its a brainless button masher not loads to remember, if i tried to jump back into the witcher 3 i wouldn't be able to remember the buttons or where I'd got up to. That's one timesink game which you need to play pretty much consistently without long breaks.

Thursday

I get not wanting to bother with games that are interesting but difficult and frustrating like Alien Isolation, but the problems is, why play a mindless button masher instead, when you could just have a wank? Much more valuable use of your time than Ryse.

Blue Jam

Quote from: LanceUppercut on February 26, 2019, 10:31:47 PM
I really struggled with Alien isolation, scattered checkpoints and losing 20-30 minutes of progress is something i dont have time for.

That save system does not belong in this century... I got as far as trying to escape from the San Cristobal medical facility via the operating theatre and it went from being genuinely tense and scary to "FFS, that fucking alien again..."

I gave up on Fallout 4 and felt no shame at that, the only shame I felt was for having put 20 hours into it.

As an Xbox Live Gold subscriber with no attention span my virtual pile of games I started, found were a bit crap and then gave up on is pretty big, but I like to keep my hard drive clean and purge them all as soon as I decide to give up on them. They're still up there in the ether if I ever decide to download any of them and give them another go.

I feel more guilty about physical copies of games I have received as gifts which I have yet to install, or even open in some cases. Sorry Mr Jam, I'd love to tell you what I think of the creative destruction in Just Cause 4 but there's too much creative murdering in RDR2 to get through first...

Bazooka

As a city slicker fat cat earning 400 Drachma an hour I pay my Game Genie or Action Replay to do all the slaving these days. Or I play all games with NoClip mode activated and just walk through everything.

This way I can finish 27 games in a day.

Space ghost

To answer the OP's question, my pile is 241 games high. Being real I'm never going to play more than a handfull of those games, that money is gone forever. I'm still playing the witcher 3 after two and a half years. I often think about just giving my xbox away to a younger family member or someone because to the right person it would be a real treat instead of just the vague, nagging annoyance it is to me.

Blue Jam

Counting the unfinished games listed on my Xbox profile, and thinking about how many I have in my pile of unplayed physical copies, my answer to the OP's question is "about 40". I still feel spoiled.

New Games With Gold tomorrow too. The pile can only grow.

H-O-W-L

404 Steam games. Beaten uh... about a hundred-odd, if that? About 60-80 games on PS2, beaten about 80% of those. I leapt from PS2 to PC.