Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 05:40:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Colleagues who are just fucking stupid

Started by madhair60, February 26, 2019, 09:24:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

Quote from: flotemysost on March 04, 2019, 01:09:02 AMWhen I worked for a lettings agent, we had an Italian tenant who gave their original home address with the first line 56 Via Giovanni or something like that. My manager asked why I had let their application through because 'it wasn't a proper address, it needs to be their address, not via someone else'.

Sort of related: before I moved to Japan I looked for an iPhone app with a map of Tokyo I could browse offline. Loads of them had one-star ratings and I kept wondering why, until I looked at a few reviews and kept seeing complaints that "this map doesn't have any street names"...

Soup Dogg

Just googled Tokyo street names to see what you were on about- fuck my hat etc.

Endicott

You blockhead!

(soz i was also treated to the same revelations)

NurseNugent

A colleague today had to have the below joke explained to her. It wasn't me who told the joke, it was one of the twatty managers.

Did you hear about the dyslexic, agnostic insomniac?
He stayed up all night wondering if there was a dog.

She'd heard of dyslexia but thought it was a skin disease and didn't have a clue what agnostic or insomniac meant.

A few years ago, I had a colleague who didn't understand how leap years worked. He though February had 28 days, then 29, then 30, then 31 before going back to 28 again.

mothman

That would be rather wonderful though.

ToneLa

One of my colleagues didn't know what an uncle was

Think he was aboot 28 too for reals. And he had a married sister, though wasn't an uncle, which was his excuse

Have I told you about the guy in my office who held out an apple, and said "who wants this banana?"  I don't think I have.

Alberon

Quote from: Blue Jam on March 04, 2019, 04:55:18 PM
Sort of related: before I moved to Japan I looked for an iPhone app with a map of Tokyo I could browse offline. Loads of them had one-star ratings and I kept wondering why, until I looked at a few reviews and kept seeing complaints that "this map doesn't have any street names"...

I have heard about this before, but I've never understood how it works. How the hell do you navigate it? What's your address on a nameless street?

Endicott

As I understand it, the blocks are numbered. So your address would be Flat 10, Block 32, Tokyo. Or something like that.

Icehaven

Quote from: Endicott on March 06, 2019, 05:17:52 PM
As I understand it, the blocks are numbered. So your address would be Flat 10, Block 32, Tokyo. Or something like that.

I'm aware I'm in danger of joining the stupid colleagues here but; what about roads with no buildings on them?

Blue Jam

Quote from: icehaven on March 06, 2019, 05:28:53 PM
I'm aware I'm in danger of joining the stupid colleagues here but; what about roads with no buildings on them?

No buildings, no need to send post...

(some of the major roads, like ours, have numbers)

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Blue Jam on March 06, 2019, 06:21:43 PM

Ha, buildings without numbers are a fucking pain.  I remember at College being sent on a work experience to some place that had no number but was called St. Catherine's Mill, so I get to the road and start looking for this place and it's a long road and I walk for miles asking people and pensioners are telling me "I've lived here all my life and I've never heard of it" and eventually I cross the road and walk back the other way, and I think I walked up and then back down once more before saying fuck this shit and going home.  A few years ago I remembered it and looked on Google maps, and it's much much further along this massive fucking road than I walked, miles out, you're getting to the countryside by the time you get to this fucking mill place that's not even a mill, grrr, it's making me angry just thinking about it.  Even if the place itself had no numbers, it's neighbour on either side would have had a number which would have been helpful to finding it.

MissInformed

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on February 26, 2019, 06:59:40 PMI presume this is done so that when/if Mr. XYZ replies, especially with any awkward queries, it's you who has to deal with him, not your colleague.  Sneaky workload avoidance.

Does your colleague have a letterbox?  If so then just buy a She-Wee and a length of tubing, job done.

Either that or crack them on the arse for a laugh.
I'll be honest, it's more likely that I will punch her straight in her complaining face.

Icehaven

Quote from: Blue Jam on March 06, 2019, 06:21:43 PM

It's more for things like directions than post, as in if someone was trying to get from A to B here, you or the sat nav would tell them which roads to take, whereas in Tokyo presumably you have to say go past this building, then this one etc. Which I suppose works fine when you're used to it, it's just we're not.   

Hey, Punk!

Quote from: monkfromhavana on March 04, 2019, 04:13:26 PM
I once worked with a man who asked me if the sun was bigger than a house. He wasn't joking either.

Lol, he must have been joking. The sun fits between my fingers.

NurseNugent

A colleague said today that she didn't realise that fish had eyes. She also though piranhas weren't real.

I can't work out if she actually is thick, she's articulate enough when dealing with customers and seems to learn things quickly, or if she thinks it's endearing or cute to act stupid. Maybe she just has a blind spot when it comes to fish.

easytarget

Quote from: NurseNugent on March 19, 2019, 07:19:46 PM
A colleague said today that she didn't realise that fish had eyes. She also though piranhas weren't real.

I can't work out if she actually is thick, she's articulate enough when dealing with customers and seems to learn things quickly, or if she thinks it's endearing or cute to act stupid. Maybe she just has a blind spot when it comes to fish.
Piranhas and quicksand are of great importance when you're going up but you talk about them less and less as you get older and they could easily get filed away with other child-things like the easter bunny and the lord jesus christ.

kalowski

Quote from: thraxx on February 27, 2019, 07:49:08 PM
Every time a woman is angry, it means they have their period.
It's a Wonderful Life reboot "needs work"