Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:03:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Alien Isolation - The Digital Series

Started by St_Eddie, February 27, 2019, 06:08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St_Eddie

As per Bloody-Disgusting, this is launching tomorrow...

Quote from: Bloody-DisgustingIn this new digital series reimagining a familiar and fan-favorite story, 20th Century Fox has expanded on Alien: Isolation by taking the cut scenes from the 2014 game and adding in new story beats to bring the tale of Amanda Ripley to life in a whole new way.

Binge all seven episodes when they drop exclusively on IGN.com and IGN YouTube on Thursday, February 28 at 9 a.m. PT.

Another disappointment really, considering that this is just a retelling of the events of the game.  I was hoping for a proper sequel, told via the means of an animated series.  Oh well, I'll still watch it.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I assume this is meant as a tie-in to the film's 40th anniversary, but this seems like an odd choice nonetheless. The game is a good few years old now and wasn't much of a hit.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on February 27, 2019, 06:34:49 PM
I assume this is meant as a tie-in to the film's 40th anniversary, but this seems like an odd choice nonetheless. The game is a good few years old now and wasn't much of a hit.

20th Century Fox have been running this whole promotion based around the concept of 'Read. Watch. Play' for the last few months, revolving around the character of Amanda Ripley.  The 'Read' was some tie-in comic, the 'Play' was the mobile game Alien Blackout and this is the final 'Watch' reveal.  All have been disappointing, considering how long the whole promotion and drip feed of reveals has been going on for.

Replies From View

How is it not just a fan edit on YouTube, like the "sequels" to Ghostbusters and Back to the Future that have been made using edited game footage?

An entire series?  Sheer madness.