Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:54:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Ricky Gervais - After Life [split topic]

Started by ramsobot, February 22, 2019, 05:39:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDHolford

Saw Ricky Gervais Supernature last night in Manchester. Ask me anything.

(Bought tickets as my girlfriend really enjoys him, he was honestly quite funny, slightly predictable but I got a few good laughs!)

Dr Rock

Quote from: TheDHolford on May 23, 2019, 09:30:10 AM
Saw Ricky Gervais Supernature last night in Manchester. Ask me anything.

Did he have a pop at trans people?

Did he ridicule The Bible?

Did he finish about how kindness is magic?

Cuellar

TheDHolford

Quote from: Dr Rock on May 23, 2019, 09:34:32 AM
Did he have a pop at trans people?

Did he ridicule The Bible?

Did he finish about how kindness is magic?

Small amount about trans people, but certainly wasn't as on the nose, or backwards thinking as the Jenner stuff from his last show. Surprisingly very little about the bible, he seemed to be pushing a philosophy this time where people can believe whatever they want and he doesn't care now, which is a slightly odd way for him to go after his years of being so anti-religion. Also, nothing about kindness is magic, I'm sure it upset all the fans of Afterlife in the room.

Quote from: Cuellar on May 23, 2019, 09:36:40 AM
Did he read out any tweets

He read out two insulting ones against him, and then one of his own that he was so proud of in reply to someone. This honestly got one of the biggest laughs from the crowd.

Cuellar

Blue Jam

What was his AIDS impersonation like?

Hat FM

The ricky gervais of ten years ago would have left that tweet up and suggested he was parodying self-searchers. he can't even pretend he's doing that now.

TheDHolford

Quote from: Blue Jam on May 23, 2019, 10:08:07 AM
What was his AIDS impersonation like?

The impression is odd, got a huge laugh from the crowd though. One of those jokes that he was "laughing" at himself, and saying constantly "This won't go into the Netflix special". Basically makes the aids sound like Alan Carr, which he mentions a few times, while still laughing at how funny he finds this.

Cuellar

I was going to say does he sort of mince about and act a bit 'gay'

Oh well

Mobius

TheDHolford

Quote from: Mobius on May 23, 2019, 12:17:34 PM
Any fat jokes?

This was an odd one, I remember him from one of his older shows/probably other TV work where he slated fat people. This one again, like his religion stuff, was him saying that people should just be able to do what they like, if they want to eat loads then they can.

But yes, he makes a few fat jokes still, some at his own expense as well.

olliebean

Quote from: TheDHolford on May 23, 2019, 11:20:36 AM
The impression is odd, got a huge laugh from the crowd though. One of those jokes that he was "laughing" at himself, and saying constantly "This won't go into the Netflix special". Basically makes the aids sound like Alan Carr, which he mentions a few times, while still laughing at how funny he finds this.

Prediction: the Netflix special will contain at least one example of him saying "This won't go into the Netflix special."

TheDHolford

Quote from: olliebean on May 23, 2019, 01:25:57 PM
Prediction: the Netflix special will contain at least one example of him saying "This won't go into the Netflix special."

He probably said it about 6 times last night, each time got a laugh from the crowd, while he sniggered and chuckled at his own jokes. So I predict at least three times in the special, he will say it. At the very least.

Blue Jam

brownjam

Pleased to see that there will be a second series of this.

Cuellar

Yes!!! The junky murder aside though I don't know if this had enough insanity to be worth watching.

Yeah the junkie murder was definitely insane but it shot its bolt too early and nothing else reached those dementedly misguided heights. Here's hoping series 2 develops his newfound taste for killing and he starts preying on more hopeless wretches.

Also it's good he knows there's no afterlife as he's now definitely going to hell and will never see his saintly wife again.

Ferris

I thought this was all wrapped up in the first season?

"Ooh I'll be nice to everyone from now on #kindnessismagic"

Will he get remarried, then have another wife die, then do the series again?

Blue Jam

Armin Meiwes

It'll still just be a whole series of him bitching and moaning about everything and everyone and "telling it like it is" whilst his new girlfriend keeps telling him how wonderful he is but his character isn't depressed anymore.

Armin Meiwes

"Have you seen what these CUNTS on Twitter said about me just because they didn't like the feature article I wrote for the local newspaper I write for about how local trannies and benders should get their own toilets separate from straight people.. because they don't understand irony"
"Oh no that's terrible you ARE wonderful Tony".

His dad's definitely not making it to the end of the second series.

Genuinely forgot he ended up with Ashley Jensen at the end of the first one. So it'll basically be even more like Extras, with them in restaurants and Ricky giving the waiter a verbal drubbing for having dirty fingernails or some such shit.

Or maybe it'll go all Dark Knight and Ricky's "superpower" of disrespect causes the whole of Gotham/Middle England to turn against him. "It's called escalation. You start acting a cunt and clouting teenagers with dog food, they start reporting you to the police. You relentlessly call Tony Way fat, he points out you're not exactly svelte yourself. You tell Tom Basden you killed a tramp, he knifes you behind the bins."

shiftwork2

Words fail.  This should be like Partridge pleading for a second series.  Yet it appears to be 'can he hit those heights again?'.

On the plus side he must have run out of the endearing videos of him being an absolute Steve-Penk-level-japebag to his wife who inexplicably finds it funny.

idunnosomename

Boasting hes getting paid the same for this series so hes "not greedy"

Lucky youre getting paid a penny you unfunny cunt

gatchamandave

Quote from: idunnosomename on August 06, 2019, 10:06:48 PM
Boasting hes getting paid the same for this series so hes "not greedy"

Lucky youre getting paid a penny you unfunny cunt

This wins the internet for me. Succinct and correct.

Armin Meiwes

Quote from: shiftwork2 on August 06, 2019, 06:43:58 PM
Words fail.  This should be like Partridge pleading for a second series.  Yet it appears to be 'can he hit those heights again?'.

On the plus side he must have run out of the endearing videos of him being an absolute Steve-Penk-level-japebag to his wife who inexplicably finds it funny.

Haha no chance

-Act 1 Scene 1 of AL series 2-

*Tony sat on his girlfriend's head farting away*

"Oh Tony I can hardly breathe but this is HILARIOUS, oh you ARE wonderful".