Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:07:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Michael Jackson canceled (new documentary)

Started by popcorn, March 01, 2019, 10:38:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thenoise

Quote from: Urinal Cake on March 02, 2019, 09:13:32 AM
Boys were molested. Girls are groupies.

I guess it helped MJ just made pop music while everybody else was seen as too important artistically to be thrown under the bus. There's also probably a generational thing going on.

Inter-generational more like.

idunnosomename

Is it still "problematic" to like Blame it on the Boogie. All his solo stuff I can do without but nothing fills a floor like that or I Want You Back.

alan nagsworth

Everyone in this thread is having a right good sneer aren't they! Cracking jokes and the like. Blissfully ignoring the fact that hums right under our noses: we're all paedophiles, but none of us are famous enough to get away with it. And my god does it makes us all so angry and bitter.

Quote from: alan nagsworth on March 03, 2019, 11:32:23 AM
Everyone in this thread is having a right good sneer aren't they! Cracking jokes and the like. Blissfully ignoring the fact that hums right under our noses: we're all paedophiles, but none of us are famous enough to get away with it. And my god does it makes us all so angry and bitter.

Yeah, we all fancy children.  The fact that they may have grown-up doesn't change that.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on March 02, 2019, 09:08:16 PM
Moral dilemma.  If you could go back and meet Jacko's dad, as a baby or toddler, with a loaded gun, what would you do?

Loaded gun or not, I'd run away.  That piranha looking mother fucker is scary!

A piranha.

Joe Jackson.

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on March 03, 2019, 01:55:18 AM
Just because they are awful doesn't mean the music they made is.

Mate.  Gary Glitter.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on March 03, 2019, 02:36:51 PM
Yeah, we all fancy children.  The fact that they may have grown-up doesn't change that.

Jesus was telling that joke in his fucking teens, its so old.

daf

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 03, 2019, 10:42:18 AM
Is it still "problematic" to like Blame it on the Boogie.

All future copies of The Jacksons . . . (nips off to google info) . . . 'Destiny' album will now have the original version by Mick Jackson pasted over the tainted Jaxo grooves.

Added to his later crimes, allowing Boogie to be credited to a vague "M. Jackson" on the album sleeve was bordering on blatant fraud :
QuoteThe Jacksons' version—incorrectly lauded by Melody Maker as their "self-penned song"—was the more successful version reaching Number 8 on the chart dated 4 November 1978

Lordofthefiles

Quote from: daf on March 03, 2019, 05:08:12 PM
All future copies of The Jacksons . . . (nips off to google info) . . . 'Destiny' album will now have the original version by Mick Jackson pasted over the tainted Jaxo grooves.

Added to his later crimes, allowing Boogie to be credited to a vague "M. Jackson" on the album sleeve was bordering on blatant fraud :

I've just had my hat fucked in a Michael Jackson thread!!

Thank you

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Lordofthefiles on March 03, 2019, 08:03:12 PM
I've just had my hat fucked in a Michael Jackson thread!!

Thank you

My hat and my scalp have been fucked by the fact that that song is actually This Is What We Find (Demo) by Ian Dury & The Blockheads. If the YouTube algorithm says that's what it is, it must be true.

idunnosomename

Quote from: daf on March 03, 2019, 05:08:12 PM

[img]https://i.imgur.com/fS3eV3Y.jpg[img]

Yeah fuck my hat and all that.

I also didn't know that I Want You Back and ABC were written by a group of professional songwriters called "The Corporation".

MJ had a fucked-up childhood lets not forget. (so its ok for him to be a paedo i guess. Gadd chose the route of being a perv of his own freewill so we can't listen to Leader of the Gang (I Am!))

koeman

Consider my hat also fucked.

Mick Jackson?! That's hilarious.

popcorn

Just finished watching. Fucking hell.

What a boring documentary.

Noodle Lizard

Documentaries from this era are going to age fucking terribly.

mrpupkin

Wasn't sure which Jacko thread to post this in but here's some waffle...

He can't be removed from history, he was the most gargantuan pop star there ever was or will be. He defined post-cold war American cultural imperialism, embodying its pseudo-universalism in ways that are so on-the-nose it's scarcely believable in hindsight. If his façade obscured true criminality it doesn't unravel any of that, quite the opposite. His is the ultimate story of the grotesquery and (alleged) abuses of fame, of the soured American Dream, of the tragic child star, of the whitewashing of black American art forms, of the artist as corporate product. He will continue to haunt the culture that created him like some necessary ghoulish jester, eventually becoming synonymous with it after its collapse. The question of whether people still want to dance to Billie Jean strikes me as somewhat trivial, but then I don't like dancing.

Also, people confused by the desperate loyalty of his hardcore fanbase are failing to understand the crucial aspect of religiosity in their commitment to him. We all know quasi-devotional worship inheres in pop fandom, and that Jackson explicitly self-mythologised as both an otherworldly angel and a persecuted Christ figure, first as canny PR but eventually as delusion, as his fame ate into his mind and soul. There were many millions who bought into this at some point, strange as it might seem now, and as with all such phenomena there are those who remain wedded after the fact, their devotion only strengthened by the wider world's growing indifference and eventual disdain. Once you think in terms of the messiah's unimpeachable moral purity and its place at the core of the believer's spiritual life it's obvious why his defamation cannot be tolerated. You may as well tell a devout Christian that Jesus was a wrongun.

thraxx

Quote from: popcorn on March 04, 2019, 05:31:56 AM
Just finished watching. Fucking hell.

What a boring documentary.

Even the trailer was boring.  It didn't help that it just consisted of the director looked like Jonathan King after radiation poisoning justifying why it needed to exist.

idunnosomename

Quote from: mrpupkin on March 04, 2019, 04:46:29 PM
You may as well tell a devout Christian that Jesus was a wrongun.

Matt 19:14

"But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven."

biggytitbo

Wasn't sure which Jacko thread to post this in but here's some waffle...

He can't be removed from history, he was the most gargantuan pop star there ever was or will be.

Chesney Hawkes would like a word.

gilbertharding

You may as well tell a devout Christian that Jesus was a wrongun.

Or tell a devout Muslim that Muhammad married a 7 year old.

biggytitbo

Did Muhammed exist or was he made up like jesus?

If he was made up then it doesn't matter, it's like that bit they cut from raiders of the lost ark where he had sex with a 12 year old.

daf

He can't be removed from history, he was the most gargantuan pop star there ever was or will be.

That's what I though about Rolf Harris * - and look what happened there - career wobble-boarded up!

- - - - - - - - - - -
* He was in Panto with the frigging Beatles - proper massive!

Blumf

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 04, 2019, 05:15:46 PM
Did Muhammed exist or was he made up like jesus?

If he was made up then it doesn't matter

I think the consensus is the opposite:
https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=72001.0

Head Gardener

Around the time the Lostprophets singer Ian Watkins was unmasked as an paedo a load of US websites accidentally posted the photo of fellow Welsh man of song Ian "H from Steps" Watkins. I think he got quite a bit of financial compensation, but "Mick Jackson" probably won't be lucky enough for it to happen to him.

thraxx

biggytitbo

Quote from: thecuriousorange on March 04, 2019, 07:36:09 PM
Around the time the Lostprophets singer Ian Watkins was unmasked as an paedo a load of US websites accidentally posted the photo of fellow Welsh man of song Ian "H from Steps" Watkins. I think he got quite a bit of financial compensation, but "Mick Jackson" probably won't be lucky enough for it to happen to him.

There's a song about it https://youtu.be/RleE--HDBiU

thraxx

Well, I've no idea how they are going to stretch this out for 4 hours, it is indeed very boring, but that means that when the victims claims come along it's like a lethal bullet to the head.

Golden E. Pump

Since when did Torrents become impossible to use? At 32, I now know what it's like to be an 80 year-old discovering the internet.