Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:14:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Michael Jackson canceled (new documentary)

Started by popcorn, March 01, 2019, 10:38:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gib

Have you mentioned K Cider before? Do you like the K?

gib

All pedo talk is now suspended and this page is for judging new poster 'Tone-La'.

ToneLa

Quote from: gib on March 01, 2019, 11:45:52 PM
Have you mentioned K Cider before? Do you like the K?

Pretty relieved that's the only question from that post.

Wouldn't say I like it, no, but when universal credit dangles you from a balcony, you can either sober up and fly right, talking shit without alcohol like I have done tonight, or drown yourself in the cheapest, strongest cider your local offy has while watching harrowing documentaries on child abuse! There are choices in life, and to K or not to K?

If you're gonna watch a fucking Michael Jackson child abuse documentary with a drink, what, is it gonna be a fine sauvignon blanc? That to me would be incongruous! Now, a 12 year old sour whiskey, that just... Too close to home. And surely you wouldn't posit a cocktail? Please.

I'm going for bleak, utilitarian, childish. Cheapest cider in the shop. I'd be interested what your Michael Jackson Paedophile Documentary drink might be! Imagine sitting there dry mouthed, for hours... This is going to be a feast for the senses, and I think I want mine Kd

Danger Man

Quote from: gib on March 01, 2019, 11:47:31 PM
All pedo talk is now suspended and this page is for judging new poster 'Tone-La'.

He's 'One to watch' and, as anyone who has met him in real life will know, Surprisingly Down to Earth, and Very Funny

gib

Quote from: ToneLa on March 01, 2019, 11:50:32 PM
Pretty relieved that's the only question from that post.

Wouldn't say I like it, no, but when universal credit dangles you from a balcony, you can either sober up and fly right, talking shit without alcohol like I have done tonight, or drown yourself in the cheapest, strongest cider your local offy has while watching harrowing documentaries on child abuse! There are choices in life, and to K or not to K?

If you're gonna watch a fucking Michael Jackson child abuse documentary with a drink, what, is it gonna be a fine sauvignon blanc? That to me would be incongruous!

How much are you paying for a 500ml can? Surely Frosty Jack works out cheaper and you get a sort of pillow to use at the end of the night.

ToneLa

Quote from: gib on March 02, 2019, 12:00:08 AM
How much are you paying for a 500ml can? Surely Frosty Jack works out cheaper and you get a sort of pillow to use at the end of the night.

Why don't you just wait for the harrowing documentary on my life in NeverGonnaHappenLand? You can watch me drink K! While you, uh, recount sorry tales of scandalous abuse...

That switcheroo got dark, quick, and predictably!

Ferris

Quote from: gib on March 02, 2019, 12:00:08 AM

3 Hammers was the thinking man's alternative to Frosty Jack. Haven't had it in over a decade and I can still taste it.

Urinal Cake

Jesus Juice (white wine drunk out of lemonade cans) is the only acceptable drink for such morbid watching.

ProvanFan

Shoulders?-Stomach!

You have to be careful of the false correlation that interfering with the kids will aid your showbiz career. This is why, even now, Ian Huntley has failed to chart even a single top 40 hit.

mrpupkin

Hot take:

Can we have some cool and funny jokes about other singers who we know had sex with children? I'll start:

David Bowie, more like David getting a Blowie from a child, amirite

Elvis Presley, more like Elvis liked to fuck underage girls backstage amirite

All of the Rolling Stones, more like all of the grown men fucking children over and over again amirite

If only they were mentally ill abuse victims themselves it would be even funnier!

Johnny Yesno

Lost Oliver

Quote from: mrpupkin on March 02, 2019, 08:50:56 AM
Hot take:

Can we have some cool and funny jokes about other singers who we know had sex with children? I'll start:

David Bowie, more like David getting a Blowie from a child, amirite

Elvis Presley, more like Elvis liked to fuck underage girls backstage amirite

All of the Rolling Stones, more like all of the grown men fucking children over and over again amirite

If only they were mentally ill abuse victims themselves it would be even funnier!

Needs some work if you wanna get on the Apollo.

Urinal Cake

Quote from: mrpupkin on March 02, 2019, 08:50:56 AM
Hot take:

Can we have some cool and funny jokes about other singers who we know had sex with children?

Boys were molested. Girls are groupies.

I guess it helped MJ just made pop music while everybody else was seen as too important artistically to be thrown under the bus. There's also probably a generational thing going on.

biggytitbo

George White

Quote from: Blumf on March 01, 2019, 03:45:16 PM
Still some of these left:

My mum once found a Glitter centreford in her Jackie magazine collection.
Yes, really.

George White

Quote from: daf on March 01, 2019, 03:38:21 PM
Yeah, I'll give you that - a slim possibility there

the other two though - Tony Slattery & Avril Lavigne . . .

Also something of Gerard Kelly about Prince Michael I.

Harley_Quim

Whatever happened he still admitted to sleeping with kids that weren't his, not even by distant relation, in the same bed. Either way you look at it that is very fucking weird for an adult man to do. I do believe there was a lot of false reports given by people taking advantage of the situation in the 90's for monetary gain (his ex maid especially), but I also believe that there were genuine cases of child abuse going on that were lost in the sea of chancers.

I think Culkin was genuine in his claim that he was never personally abused by Michael, but I also think that there is a distinct possibility of him being groomed by Michael as a red herring in the event that any of the real victims spoke out (everyone would listen to the kid from Home Alone, right?).

Simply put its a complicated case where a lot of false witnesses and the fame, fortune and eventual death of the defendant has seen him escape justice. Personally I feel there is truth to some of the claims, but feelings don't count for anything in the courtroom.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: gib on March 01, 2019, 11:47:31 PM
This is a very good idea, and am surprised more people havenae started doing it.
Ah, well, I'll start things off; He's a stupid cunt.

ToneLa

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on March 02, 2019, 03:06:52 PM
This is a very good idea, and am surprised more people havenae started doing it.
Ah, well, I'll start things off; He's a stupid cunt.

As Michael Jackson has proven, there will be people liking my posts no matter what stupid shit I do in life! Embezzle kids, still got fans. Molest offshore finance, fuckin likes aplenty on that Instagram. Sliding scale as well. I don't want to be a nonce; and my posts are no as good as, say "Thriller", fair, no?

The fuck is this thread aboot? Me? Meeeee?

All I want to know is:

What is the appropriate drink for watching this Wacko Jaco Molesto-Doco?

Lordofthefiles

Quote from: ToneLa on March 02, 2019, 07:16:36 PM
As Michael Jackson has proven, there will be people liking my posts no matter what stupid shit I do in life! Embezzle kids, still got fans. Molest offshore finance, fuckin likes aplenty on that Instagram. Sliding scale as well. I don't want to be a nonce; and my posts are no as good as, say "Thriller", fair, no?

The fuck is this thread aboot? Me? Meeeee?

All I want to know is:

What is the appropriate drink for watching this Wacko Jaco Molesto-Doco?

Jesus Juice.

idunnosomename

I love OJ! He's totally innocent. Very good man. Simply the Best!

ToneLa

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 02, 2019, 07:52:42 PM

No a bad drink either!

Like the lingering fans of Michael Jackson, I still watch, with a true fondness in my heart, old tapes of Fred the Weatherman. That boy sure could jump

biggytitbo

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 02, 2019, 07:52:42 PM

Actually innocent aswell, in a factual way.

Moral dilemma.  If you could go back and meet Jacko's dad, as a baby or toddler, with a loaded gun, what would you do?

biggytitbo

I doubt I'd be able to shoot him if I was a toddler.

Lordofthefiles

Avoid the little bugger. Fuck knows what a kid that age would do with a loaded firearm and no morals yet instilled.

Twit 2

I remember working with a MJ super fan who sneered at me for liking Woody Allen cos he was a peedo. Even then I thought that was a bit rich. She was a fairly unpleasant person so needless to say I am now having the last laugh.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: popcorn on March 01, 2019, 10:38:28 AM
There's a new documentary out this week (Channel 4 and HBO), Leaving Neverland, in which two men, Wade Robson and James Safechuck, describe how Michael Jackson abused them as kids.

I've long had a morbid fascination with Michael Jackson, as I've posted about before, but it wasn't until a few months ago that I educated myself about the ins and outs (erm) of the sexual abuse allegations. As far as I can tell, the long and short of it is that he could well have done it, but that there's no evidence and many of the witnesses were extraordinarily dubious. It seems like the innocent verdict was the right one because there was no shortage of reasonable doubt - but at the same time who knows, eh?

I think there's every chance he was a wrongun, and that perhaps the fact that he was surrounded in untrustworthy showbiz people ended up working in his favour. When it came to the crunch, no one believed them.

This story is especially tricky because one of the accusers in the film, Robson, testified in the 2005 trial that Jackson had never abused him. Then he had a breakdown and changed his story. Early reviews say the testimony in the documentary is compelling and we're all going to have to stop listening to Michael Jackson. Strangely, many of the pieces that have cropped up around it seem to have been written by people who haven't seen the documentary yet. A random smattering:

Guardian: Is it still OK to listen to Michael Jackson?

Guardian: R Kelly, Michael Jackson and Bryan Singer. Who knew? Everyone

Slate: How Leaving Neverland Does a Disservice to Michael Jackson's Accusers (one of a series of Slate articles)

Forbes: What You Should Know About the New Michael Jackson Documentary (article summarising reasons not to trust the accusers, but written by someone who hasn't seen the film, and obviously fancies MJ)

This interview exchange with the director made me laugh, sorry:

The Guardian can get bent on that 'is it ok to listen to Jackson?' tip. We really need to step away from the idea that we have to burn every track written by a sex offender; man in the mirror is a good track, as is Rock and Roll Part II. Just because they are awful doesn't mean the music they made is.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on March 03, 2019, 01:55:18 AM
Just because they are awful doesn't mean the music they made is.

That's just a coincidence.