Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:57:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

'Woke' parodies

Started by mippy, March 01, 2019, 12:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mippy

There are several of them on Twitter - JarvisDupont, TitaniaMcGrath (who unbelievably has a book deal), Godfrey Elphwick. All of them complete dogshit lazy hackery (though predictably the Spectator likes them: https://www.spectator.co.uk/2019/02/the-genius-of-titania-mcgrath/) and not nearly as amusing as the descent into full Britain First of Lee Hurst and, to a lesser extent, Andrew Lawrence.

Just wanted to express how unutterably tedious I find them all. You can join in if you like.

Crabwalk

QuoteShe tweets every day. On Monday: 'Dear Hollywood, please reshoot every scene that Liam Neeson has ever acted in and replace him with Christopher Plummer. Do this NOW' and, 'If you don't think exactly the same way as me, you have clearly got a lot to learn about diversity.' Last week: 'It's a broken kind of democracy which allows a majority of voters to impose their wishes on the rest of us.' She is a genius.

Nope.

Avril Lavigne

Quote from: Crabwalk on March 01, 2019, 01:45:45 PM
Nope.

The word 'genius' really just needs to be put in a bin these days, it's pretty much worthless.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Avril Lavigne on March 01, 2019, 01:53:39 PM
The word 'genius' really just needs to be put in a bin these days, it's pretty much worthless.

Ronalado might beg to differ.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Crabwalk on March 01, 2019, 01:45:45 PM
Nope.

It's the self-congratulatory tone of all of this that makes me seeeeeeeeethe.

Bennett Brauer

Someone on here linked to a Titania McGrath tweet a few months ago, and reading through previous tweets I convinced myself Rod Liddle was behind it. Still think so.

Harry Badger

I believe the same woman is behind Elfwick and McGrath. Some nice one-liners occasionally but all a bit predictable.

lankyguy95

It suffers from the same thing the anti-'woke' parodies suffer from which is that the point seems to come first and the laugh second. It gets boring very quickly.

mippy

Quote from: Harry Badger on March 01, 2019, 02:14:56 PM
I believe the same woman is behind Elfwick and McGrath. Some nice one-liners occasionally but all a bit predictable.

I *think* it was the person who was BiscuitAhoy (Bob Mortimer-endorsed badgers wibble fuckpuffin whimsy), disappeared, and came back with a new somewhat reactionary persona.

Harry Badger

Quote from: mippy on March 01, 2019, 02:41:35 PM
I *think* it was the person who was BiscuitAhoy (Bob Mortimer-endorsed badgers wibble fuckpuffin whimsy), disappeared, and came back with a new somewhat reactionary persona.

Yep, that's her.

Cuellar

Fucking love it when people go mad on twitter.

Crabwalk

Oh Christ, it's her is it? That figures.

mippy

This is her these days: https://twitter.com/godblesstoto  She had some weird meltdown over another Twitter comedy person, TechnicallyRon, going on about him apparently not getting his account deleted because he was a Liberal Elite or something, and it took me a while to realise she was actually BiscuitAhoy as her other tweets were ranting about the license fee and SJWs or whatever.

McFlymo

Funny you mention the license fee. I had a few youtube suggestions recently: How to avoid paying the TV license and such. I was very tired, so thought I'd take a little wander down that road as a way to put my brain into low power mode before a kip. Surprising insight into how many people equate the TV license with the destruction of society and how clearly we're all headed for Sharia Law and the death of our children at the hands of the Paedo Beeb. It was a journey.

Dusty Substance

I follow TitaniaMcGrath and "she" (I always assumed it was a collection of Spiked writers behind the account) isn't exactly producing highly original content, but it's interesting to see both sides of the spectrum reacting to her tweets. She seems to troll both "SJWs" and "Gammon" types but it's usually the latter who get carried away and totally miss that she's clearly a parody.

I had no idea it was unfunny Tweeter BiscuitAhoy behind the account.

Also, I only found out recently that once funny user hrtbps turned out to be a wrong 'un.

jsgibble

Lots of people seem to like them but they're terrible really. Simon Hedges is good if you want a great parody account

Quote from: Dusty Substance on March 01, 2019, 06:24:30 PM

Also, I only found out recently that once funny user hrtbps turned out to be a wrong 'un.

What happened there? I missed that.

Jerzy Bondov

Getting popular on Twitter is one of the worst things that can happen to you. That's what I tell myself every time I look at my meagre 48 followers.

ToneLa

Thursday

Yeah think these people are associated with racist chicken nugget lady.

Like obviously Twitter is shit, so imagine being the worst thing about twitter.

Grave is too good. Crematorium for them.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Woke up this morning feelin fine
Got some shit jokes on my mind
Nobody wants to see them but I still think they should
Something tells me I'm into something good

zomgmouse

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on March 01, 2019, 10:54:45 PM
Woke up this morning feelin fine
Got some shit jokes on my mind
Nobody wants to see them but I still think they should
Something tells me I'm into something good

Is this to the tune of "Friday on My Mind"

Dusty Substance

Quote from: Bobloblawslawbomb on March 01, 2019, 07:35:39 PM
What happened there? I missed that.

Allegedly caught creepily sliding in the DMs of girls he knew full well were underage.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: Dusty Substance on March 02, 2019, 04:02:02 PM
Allegedly caught creepily sliding in the DMs of girls he knew full well were underage.

foot fetishist?

ajsmith2

Quote from: zomgmouse on March 01, 2019, 11:23:10 PM
Is this to the tune of "Friday on My Mind"

On the offchance you're not being sarcastic, it's to the tune of this other 60s smash hit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDY_TZfCR6U

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Dusty Substance on March 01, 2019, 06:24:30 PM
I follow TitaniaMcGrath and "she" (I always assumed it was a collection of Spiked writers behind the account) isn't exactly producing highly original content, but it's interesting to see both sides of the spectrum reacting to her tweets. She seems to troll both "SJWs" and "Gammon" types but it's usually the latter who get carried away and totally miss that she's clearly a parody.

I had no idea it was unfunny Tweeter BiscuitAhoy behind the account.

Yeah I didn't think it was that funny, but I did find it amusing it was winding up humourless people that take themselves a bit too seriously. Which is something I think needs to be done even if I agree with them politically.

I am quite surprised to find it's biscuitahoy just because her tweets have been creatively bankrupt long before she went a bit reactionary.

king_tubby

Quote from: Dusty Substance on March 02, 2019, 04:02:02 PM

Blimey, didn't realise it was that bad, thought it was stalky stuff bordering on harassment.

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: mippy on March 01, 2019, 03:10:03 PM
This is her these days: https://twitter.com/godblesstoto 

QuoteI go by many names. Some call me Shatoon bringer of corn. Others call me Mickey 9 the dreamweaver. Some call me Marjorie Keek. Others call me Captain Margaret.

"I'll put down 'unemployed' then?"

zomgmouse

Quote from: ajsmith2 on March 02, 2019, 04:31:41 PM
On the offchance you're not being sarcastic, it's to the tune of this other 60s smash hit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDY_TZfCR6U

I wasn't, I just genuinely connected the dots very badly.

Autopsy Turvey

Does Rick from The Young Ones count? Or Alan Parker? Or Student Grant?