Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:01:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tory Party Watch: parts 8245–8249 & 117

Started by Absorb the anus burn, March 02, 2019, 11:16:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: pancreas on March 25, 2019, 11:01:27 PM
Are you lot watching this? It's turned into a zoo in the HoC. Bercow called someone a bad whip and they've all gone mental.

link?

pancreas

Replies From View

"You were better when you had a walnut on top," he said.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

That moved on pretty quickly.

Now some Tory turd from Somerset that just said, word for word "If you think about it Mr Speaker it doesn't bear thinking about"

Alberon

I notice Anna Soubry out in the TINGE's wasteland leapt to the defence of the poor ickle ex-whip. Shows where her loyalties really lie. When May has gone Soubry will be scratching at the door to be let back in.

imitationleather

Quote from: Alberon on March 25, 2019, 11:20:46 PM
I notice Anna Soubry out in the TINGE's wasteland leapt to the defence of the poor ickle ex-whip. Shows where her loyalties really lie. When May has gone Soubry will be scratching at the door to be let back in.

Without a doubt. I guess her defecting was based on a calculation that this will have all blown over before she has to stand in another election. Really, really, really hope that doesn't work out for her.

Paul Calf

She has a majority of just under 900. She's got nothing to lose.

king_tubby

Grand Wizards. Blue shirts. Cultural Marxism.

idunnosomename

Put that together with putting legislature and parliament against "the people" and what you've got here are bona-fide fascists

Only upside is they're so incompetent and backbiting they can't possibly get their shit together into so much as a thousand-second reich

Paul Calf

Isn't 'cultural marxism' just a made up term adopted by looney American rightwinger's

What the fuck is it?

finnquark

As I understand it, it's the redoubling of Marxist efforts to dominate the world. Post 1989, with the political and economic defeat of Marxism in Europe, the ex-Politburo members have all taken up teaching liberal arts courses in order to spread their appalling nonsense.

Thanks. I assume this is the good antisemitism though, not that nasty stuff preached by Corbyn and his hate mob. 

Common sense antisemitism.

Cultural Marxism is just baffling to me,  a nonsensical catch all term to describe all the things right winger's hate - and used to justify whatever mad, repressive shit they've just cooked up. A modern day version of the 'red scare' paranoia wheeled out in the Cold War era.

Blumf

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2019/mar/26/outrageous-and-disgusting-segregated-playground-sparks-fury
QuoteThe government has joined widespread condemnation of developers who blocked children living in social housing from using the playground on a London development.

Grenfell what? Dickensian huh?

And yeah, some Tory members are making noises, but will they actually do anything to fix the underlying mess that encourages this? Nah.

I think 'Cultural Marxism' was coined by Patrick Buchanan who is an antisemite.

greenman

Quote from: Quote on March 26, 2019, 09:48:47 PM
Thanks. I assume this is the good antisemitism though, not that nasty stuff preached by Corbyn and his hate mob. 

Common sense antisemitism.

Cultural Marxism is just baffling to me,  a nonsensical catch all term to describe all the things right winger's hate - and used to justify whatever mad, repressive shit they've just cooked up. A modern day version of the 'red scare' paranoia wheeled out in the Cold War era.

I would say the red scare equivalent is more the establishment looking to link Russia to every political position it dislikes, mostly based on fear. As has been mentioned before the Peterson style viewpoint seems closer to facism, still with the fear element but a much stronger focus on personal arrogance.

jobotic

QuoteA spokesman for the Board of Deputies said: "Suella Braverman MP may not have been aware of it, but the term 'cultural Marxist' has a history as an antisemitic trope. We would ask for her to clarify the remarks and undertake not to use the phrase in future."

They seem a lot more polite about this actual example of antisemitism than they were about Corbyn's invented antisemitism.

pancreas

Yes, they rather do seem to be a virulent clutch of wankers, don't they?

BlodwynPig

Johnny Yesno

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/26/one-true-brexits-standard-bearers-stand-firm-in-bonkers-battle

The game here is guess which bits of The Politics Sketch are true and which bits are Crace's alleged humour. Spoiler: One of the true bits is Christopher Chope's 'alternative solution' to knife crime.

More about Grand Wizards, Cultural Marxism and political bias in the media here: https://jacobinmag.com/2019/03/conservative-party-uk-racism-cultural-marxism-grand-wizards-labour-antisemitism/

Paul Calf

Don't call them fascists or racists or white supremacists though. They're not fascists because they don't speak Italian. They're not racists because 'poor' isn't a race. They're not white supremacists, they just believe in the preservation of Mordor as a homeland for the snow-white elvish peoples and their elvelets and want non-elvelets and non-snow-white elvelets to be initimidated and forced into going back to Mordo-Mordo land.

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteThe number of children living in absolute poverty across the UK has increased by 200,000 in a year, to a total of 3.7 million.

New government data shows that while the rate of absolute child poverty had been gradually falling since 2012, it is now rising again.

It will come as an embarrassment for ministers, who last year responded to a rise in relative poverty by highlighting that absolute poverty rates – their preferred measure – had fallen...

Research carried out for the Child Poverty Action Group (CPAG)to coincide with the publication of the figures found that the four-year freeze on children's benefits alone would lead to average loses of £240 per year for families with children.

Chief executive of the charity, Alison Garnham, said: "Despite high employment, today's figures reveal that 70 per cent of children living under the poverty line have at least one parent in work. That is not an economy that is working for everyone.

"The increase in child poverty in working families was widely anticipated and could have been avoided [...] But the government chose not to, missing another opportunity to do the right thing for children and families despite the fact that the freeze had already achieved its planned savings...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/child-poverty-absolute-uk-housing-crisis-costs-austerity-conservatives-a8843381.html

You think that would hurt the Tories, but the Express and Mail have been on a crusade to dehumanise the poor these past few weeks (after Comic Relief did a bit about food banks that blamed the government for a rise in poverty), so it probably won't.

king_tubby

Indeed, it should be a national scandal that food banks have become normalised. Instead it's spun like it's a worthwhile charitable endeavour, have a pat on the back for chucking a tin of beans in the container at Waitrose, well done.

BlodwynPig

Linda Jeffries get in Gravesend you utter slime of humanity.

"The poor should have nothing..NOTHING"

Linda, you are emotionally bereft, except for your fear and hate. Enjoy your last remaining weeks on this planet.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Well, we have a system of consumer capitalism which normalises that behaviour because it suits corporate interests. Hasn't Linda Jeffries heard of debt, the systematic impoverishment and enslavement of the poor by dangling consumer objects they can't afford upfront so long as they work in jobs they despise to pay it back?

No, in libertarian land all individuals should be able to resist any temptation under any circumstances. Only the strong survive. Ultimately if there were other forms of destitution prevalent she would find another way of saying they deserve it. There is no basement level of existence if you have this philosophy, no dignity, only self-sufficiency as prescribed within the law, unless you are very rich when the laws don't apply to you. Fascism.

Gravesend indeed.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

When Linda Jeffries takes her obesity or cig scarred lungs or corresponding secondary illnesses to an NHS hospital I assume she is willing for the doctors to say: Tough shit love

There will always come a point where these people are confronted by the merciless reality of their own credo - when it affects them

Blumf

On the bright side, at least it seems to have finally sunk in that you can't get CRT TVs any more. Only a few more decades before they learn that mobile phones are not luxuries, but a social and employment requirement.