Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:14:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tory Party Watch: parts 8245–8249 & 117

Started by Absorb the anus burn, March 02, 2019, 11:16:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gib

Quote from: Replies From View on March 05, 2019, 10:04:05 PM
The Independent are still obscuring their articles with an insistence that I remove my ad blocker, sadly.

What are you using? No probs here with UBlock Origin.

Buelligan

Karen Bradley, tory Secretary of State for Northern Ireland yesterday

Quote from: the BBCSpeaking in the House of Commons on Wednesday, Mrs Bradley was responding to a question from DUP MP Emma Little Pengelly about legacy issues.

"Over 90% of the killings during the Troubles were at the hands of terrorists, every single one of those was a crime," she said.

"The fewer than 10%* that were at the hands of the military and police were not crimes.

"They were people acting under orders and under instruction and fulfilling their duty in a dignified and appropriate way."

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-47471469

Her remarks were made against the background of recent reports which have indicated that four British ex-soldiers could be charged with the 1972 shooting of unarmed marchers in Derry, known to many as Bloody Sunday.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/03/06/theresa-may-admits-concern-prosecutions-troops-ahead-bloody/

*she's talking about at least 350 killings here.

BlodwynPig

Oopsie daisy, never mind. It'll all be brushed under the carpet and she'll continue her duties to Britain and the Queen.

gilbertharding

Here we are - on the same day Amber Rudd's brain exploded, former prospective Prime Minister Andrea 'Mummy' Leadsome answered a call for a debate on Islamophobia by referring the question to the Foreign Office:

https://twitter.com/NazShahBfd/status/1103664832098848768

Blumf

Has this been posted yet?

https://howmuchmoneyhaschrisgraylingwasted.org/
QuoteChris Grayling has so far wasted over 2.7 billion pounds of public money...

Endicott

Quote from: Buelligan on March 07, 2019, 11:50:17 AM
Karen Bradley, tory Secretary of State for Northern Ireland yesterday

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-47471469

Her remarks were made against the background of recent reports which have indicated that four British ex-soldiers could be charged with the 1972 shooting of unarmed marchers in Derry, known to many as Bloody Sunday.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/03/06/theresa-may-admits-concern-prosecutions-troops-ahead-bloody/

*she's talking about at least 350 killings here.

Even David Cameron apologised for the Bloody Sunday killings. She's contradicting him.

The Bloody Sunday killings were unjustified and unjustifiable, the Prime Minister has said

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10320609

Howj Begg

Bradley and Rudd's apologies were both really desperate, and unconvincing. These people are nativists. You know they're thinking to themselves, no doubt bolstered by the supportive tweet DMs they're getting, "We won Brexit. We won the election. We're in charge of the press. Why do we have to apologise for what we really think and say in the privacy of our own homes?".

idunnosomename

not as lazy as Angela Smith

God, just using the selfie cam to nonchalantly apologise for calling someone a funny colour. If you were a teacher you'd take it as insulting and give them like a whole extra term of detentions.

idunnosomename

oh they did just mention it on radio 4 and gave it a short spot.

What's worst, that with like Smith's remark to Sarkar, there's no reaction to it from the presenter. Can you imagine at a work meeting someone referred to someone as coloured? I mean everyone would stop stone dead. But BBC presenters aren't having a real conversation like actual people, they're just keeping the structured patter going and if someone says something fucking weird they don't really notice because that's not what they're paid for.

Absorb the anus burn

Alberon

It's amazing how far this shambolic mess has staggered on. The unholy shitstorm of Brexit is keeping ministers and the Prime Minister in place long after they would normally have been ejected from office with considerable force.

This zombie government makes John Major's dying days look like he had the iron grip of Stalin. There's no control, no discipline and very little in the way of actionable policy.

The end of the month should be the end of this whatever happens. Either Brexit starts or is significantly delayed (the EU will not accept a short delay without good reason). Then the zombie should fall apart.

But for now we have to be subjected to a government that makes Trump look enviable in comparison.

idunnosomename

the colossus Steve Barclay steps into the leadership contest ring. come get some motherfuckers

Quote from: Alberon on March 11, 2019, 02:01:55 PM
It's amazing how far this shambolic mess has staggered on. The unholy shitstorm of Brexit is keeping ministers and the Prime Minister in place long after they would normally have been ejected from office with considerable force.

This zombie government makes John Major's dying days look like he had the iron grip of Stalin. There's no control, no discipline and very little in the way of actionable policy.

The end of the month should be the end of this whatever happens. Either Brexit starts or is significantly delayed (the EU will not accept a short delay without good reason). Then the zombie should fall apart.

But for now we have to be subjected to a government that makes Trump look enviable in comparison.

It should fall apart, but the government is riding roughshod over every accepted protocol and precedent there is. I'm not expecting May to budge until she's forced to in 2022, regardless of the consequences.

There's a real irony that Major only pulled the trigger on an election in '97 because the Good Friday Agreement was so far advanced and he didn't want his lack of majority to accidentally kill it. For all the fuckery and sleaze he oversaw, that was the one thing that made him finally put country over party.

I've seen no evidence that there's anything that would make May take a similar decision.

Quote from: confettiinmyhair on March 11, 2019, 02:07:16 PM
Raab himself is not ruling out PM bid.

He's not had much work since Jackass ended, so he might as well.

Buelligan

Every time I see Raaaaaab, I mentally fill in the missing Iron Cross, I'm sure has one at home for when he's parading in front of the mirrored wardrobe.

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 11, 2019, 02:18:42 PM
the colossus Steve Barclay steps into the leadership contest ring. come get some motherfuckers

Is it wrong to hope for a Barclay/Hunt dream team?

Pseudopath

Mark Francois really does have the emotional intelligence of a 9-year-old, doesn't he? https://twitter.com/BBCEssex/status/1105033680014266369

What an absolute melt.

Cuellar

Buelligan

It's not clear from that whose manhood was the source of disturb.  It must have been Self's, for me, cunt is the go-to word whenever I think of Francois.

Zetetic

"Well, Mark, what's in your codpiece?" is, I hope, not a reference to Will Self's penis.

Cuellar

Epic banter from the Selfster there, quality trolling.

Cursus

From the Express's hilariously headlined article Brexiteer Mark Francois reveals behind the scenes BULLYING before BBC clash:

QuoteComedian Grace Campbell, who was on the show that day, claimed Mr Self "told Francois he had a little penis".

She tweeted: "If you thought there was tension between Will Self and Mark Francoise on #BBCPoliticsLive today, you should have heard them before the show where Self told Francoise he had a little penis making Francoise blush and threaten to leave the studio."

BlodwynPig

Replies From View

Who did he say had a little penis?  Himself?

jobotic

It's hard to believe that this man has a small pinger

Cuellar

WILL SELF IMPLIED MARK FRANCOIS HAD A TINY COCK

Consignia

Quick as a flash, Francois replied "Don't be Blue, Will". Needless to say, Mark had the last laugh.

idunnosomename

it's true, I've seen clitorises larger than Mark Francois' miniscule micro-penis