Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 07:24:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tory Party Watch: parts 8245–8249 & 117

Started by Absorb the anus burn, March 02, 2019, 11:16:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Quote from: Dr Rock on May 23, 2019, 08:16:33 AM
Same post cut and pasted in three threads?

Yeah surely that's basically bot behaviour now, can't we just have him banned now?

I was responding to, and directly below, four (not three iirc) identical posts from the same poster. So if I exhibit "bot behaviour" or spamming, I'm certainly not the only one, or the first. Shoulders?-Stomach! did the exact thing two weeks ago. And he did it again yesterday or today.

Fambo Number Mive

Government whip Mark. Spencer who is speaking now, in 2015 gave an in my view callous response to a report of someone with learning difficulties being sanctioned for 4 minutes late to an appointment:

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201415/cmhansrd/cm150204/halltext/150204h0001.htm#15020481000001

https://twitter.com/PaulOnBooks/status/1131516710996123653

Quote..."several times this year I have had to refer a gentleman with learning difficulties to Denise (the local Reverend) for food due to him having sanctions on him for turning up late (once by 4 minutes). The gentleman can't tell the time and is a recluse. He has been found sitting in his flat in the dark with no electric or gas. He won't ask for help. Only for the old neighbours watch out for him and contact myself heaven knows what would of happened to him. I was informed he has to get a letter off the doctor for an electric card...The lad turned up at my door the other night. He hadn't eaten for 5 days. He looked like he was dying."

4 Feb 2015 : Column 103WH

Mr Mark Spencer (Sherwood) (Con): I hope that the hon. Lady appreciates that people who work very hard, and who might be earning very small amounts from working 50 hours a week, have to turn up to work on time. If they are late for their employment, they might be sanctioned by their employer. It is important that those who are seeking employment learn the discipline of timekeeping, which is an important part of securing and keeping a job.

Lisa Nandy: I must say to the hon. Gentleman that taking that sort of patronising tone towards people is exactly why people throughout the country are so angry with the Government. While he was speaking, my hon. Friend the Member for Bishop Auckland (Helen Goodman) made the point that two Conservative Members turned up minutes late for this debate, but they will still be allowed to participate if they wish to do so. I will come on to the example of a working couple who got in touch with me recently and who have had real problems with the system. Nevertheless, I am happy to give way again if the hon. Member for Sherwood (Mr Spencer) wants to come back on this point: what would he expect someone with learning difficulties, who cannot tell the time, to do in that situation? He has no one to turn to for help and was sanctioned for being four minutes late.

Mr Spencer: I think that that emphasises the importance of the education system in solving the challenges that we face as we move forward. We must try to ensure that the employees of the future are in the best place to be able to take on a career and move forward with a job.

Lisa Nandy: The man I am talking about is the fourth case of someone with learning disabilities being sanctioned that I have come across in my constituency office this month. The Minister's Department holds the responsibility for people with disabilities. I hope that she has listened to the comments made by her colleague and will take the opportunity to condemn them. I also hope that she will ensure that in future no one will be sanctioned for having learning difficulties that prevent them from being able to tell the time...

Paul Calf

I grew up in Sherwood, and I will never understand how anyone who lives there could ever vote Tory.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Tommy Robwatson on May 23, 2019, 02:01:39 PM
I was responding to, and directly below, four (not three iirc) identical posts from the same poster. So if I exhibit "bot behaviour" or spamming, I'm certainly not the only one, or the first. Shoulders?-Stomach! did the exact thing two weeks ago. And he did it again yesterday or today.

Unless you leave or are banned because of your single issue political promotion rules breach I will sink these threads and send you down with them. I am warning Barry Admin so he has the choice of banning you, banning me or carrying on. If we carry on your words will continue down into oblivion. You will never prevail on this forum whichever he chooses. You are a non entity salesman, shill piece of nothing. Fuck off.

Paul Calf

Oh, good. Well, I think we'll all enjoy that.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on May 23, 2019, 02:12:36 PM
Unless you leave or are banned because of your single issue political promotion rules breach I will sink these threads and send you down with them. I am warning Barry Admin so he has the choice of banning you, banning me or carrying on. If we carry on your words will continue down into oblivion. You will never prevail on this forum whichever he chooses. You are a non entity salesman, shill piece of nothing. Fuck off.

Cuellar

"If you stop spamming now that'll be the end of it, but if you don't..."

Barry Admin

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on May 23, 2019, 02:12:36 PM

Eat a shit right out of my arse.

Johnny Yesno

Monsieur, wiz zeese plop plops you are really spoiling us.

Barry Admin

I am seriously fucking pissed off, especially as the first thing I read today was another cunty shoulders post commanding me to "wake up."

Who the fuck are you to "warn" me? Do you really think it's wise to call my bluff?

Why can't you install the ignore script?

Seriously, fuck you.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Barry Admin on May 23, 2019, 09:06:13 PM
I am seriously fucking pissed off, especially as the first thing I read today was another cunty shoulders post commanding me to "wake up."

Who the fuck are you to "warn" me? Do you really think it's wise to call my bluff?

Why can't you install the ignore script?

Seriously, fuck you.

Why should individual forum members need to install an ignore script to make topics readable? It's an oddly libertarian attitude.

Their entire post history and stats: Replies only on 1 single issue, all promoting Brexit Party intently. Haven't they racked up hundreds of posts already in 1 month? Single Issue troll selling his agenda.

I am going to continue to reply to their posts with Fuck Off which is what they need to do. But that's not a problem, as you've established - other members can put me on ignore too.

Urinal Cake

We want a benevolent dictatorship not a Libertarian fun house.

Danger Man

Quote from: Barry Admin on May 23, 2019, 09:06:13 PM
Seriously, fuck you.

+1  Your forum, you do whatever the fuck you want with it.

Barry Admin

Shoulders, we're not negotiating here, I'm a cunt-hair away from banning you, as you have suggested. You seem to think you make and implement the rules.

You don't.

I said already I only just got back to CaB, and am keeping an eye on this guy. The fact is, though, that some people - a lot of people here - jump the gun as soon a new poster appears, particularly if they're not a lefty, or whatever. The site is going to be 20 in a month or two. I still don't have a computer, I still can't get the thing rebuilt. We actually NEED new posters for the community to thrive and continue, do you actually understand that?

I've no problems at all with someone like Replies making their voice heard on this, because he did so in a way that wasn't trying to manipulate and push me into doing what he wants. You, on the other hand.

And by the way, let me clarify my rules: it is absolutely fine to talk only on one subject!

You don't have to install an ignore script, you can scroll past. You're choosing not to. Right, continue with that, but bear in mind he's contributing to the discussions, whereas you're just wasting forum resources with crap "fuck off" posts.

FAO Garnish: I've turned on admin approval now, and will be contacting your ISP about harassment.

Fucking site.

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on May 23, 2019, 10:12:37 PM
Why should individual forum members need to install an ignore script to make topics readable? It's an oddly libertarian attitude.

Their entire post history and stats: Replies only on 1 single issue, all promoting Brexit Party intently. Haven't they racked up hundreds of posts already in 1 month? Single Issue troll selling his agenda.

I am going to continue to reply to their posts with Fuck Off which is what they need to do. But that's not a problem, as you've established - other members can put me on ignore too.

You can take the Bubbleboy out of Vilnius, but you can't take the vileness out of Bubbkeboy.

It's utterly ridiculous to discredit the content of my posts. I've made no factual errors. The predictions I made are looking accurate. I've provided essential detail to compliment other posts. I have been abusive, but only in retaliation. If you're not talking politics now it's unlikely you ever have or ever will. Of course the political threads attract (my) interest.

The glaring truth is you've lost the argument. And you don't know who to blame. Everyone you know more or less agrees with you. Cosy and warm. Nice and safe. So crushed is the spectrum here people actually imagined I was someone else, as if 'there couldn't be two people with similar opinions about a lot of things, even though millions of people have those similar opinions, not here'. You may not welcome having truth thrust in your face - Labour are heading for their worst result in national election in over a century, and the suggested 'solution'  seems to be 'blame the voters', they were "duped", whatever. Have you any idea what that sounds like? - but to attempt to deny reality a whiff of the same oxygen, unthinkable! Hence the necessity for your bubble, BubbleBoy.

If my posts bother you, reality bothers you. Nothing I've posted is untrue. Don't tell the messenger to "fuck off".

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: Barry Admin on May 23, 2019, 11:49:29 PM
Shoulders, we're not negotiating here, I'm a cunt-hair away from banning you, as you have suggested. You seem to think you make and implement the rules.

You don't.

I said already I only just got back to CaB, and am keeping an eye on this guy. The fact is, though, that some people - a lot of people here - jump the gun as soon a new poster appears, particularly if they're not a lefty, or whatever. The site is going to be 20 in a month or two. I still don't have a computer, I still can't get the thing rebuilt. We actually NEED new posters for the community to thrive and continue, do you actually understand that?

I've no problems at all with someone like Replies making their voice heard on this, because he did so in a way that wasn't trying to manipulate and push me into doing what he wants. You, on the other hand.

And by the way, let me clarify my rules: it is absolutely fine to talk only on one subject!

You don't have to install an ignore script, you can scroll past. You're choosing not to. Right, continue with that, but bear in mind he's contributing to the discussions, whereas you're just wasting forum resources with crap "fuck off" posts.

FAO Garnish: I've turned on admin approval now, and will be contacting your ISP about harassment.

Fucking site.

Are you short of some components like memory or something? Or is it an older PC that's a bit fucked?

Danger Man

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on May 24, 2019, 01:28:02 AM
Are you short of some components like memory or something? Or is it an older PC that's a bit fucked?

I think CaB should have a quick whip-round.

Cuellar

If it's a case of needing components I'd bung a few quid in...

Paul Calf

DrGreggles

Just be glad it's not tupping you in a Chelsea shirt.

Paul Calf

Is that David Mellor?

Fuck me, David Mellor's let...no. There's no way to finish that sentence.

Jerzy Bondov

new design for bishop chess piece deemed 'evil'

pancreas

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 24, 2019, 12:36:05 PM
He looks beautiful

In the way that one must accept even the most disturbing of nature's creations.