Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:49:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tory Party Watch: parts 8245–8249 & 117

Started by Absorb the anus burn, March 02, 2019, 11:16:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

olliebean

Quote from: NoSleep on October 01, 2019, 10:49:18 AM
So it's now ok, without planning permission, to block the sun from your neighbour's garden. Good luck with that.

My neighbours have already done that, perfectly legally, with their bloody extension. Big white wall on my side, at least it was when it was built, but in the rain it becomes a thoroughfare for snails so now it's covered in snail shit.

Also their builders fucked up my drain and the edge of my patio and tried to fence across my garden gate. Cunts.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: jobotic on September 30, 2019, 11:12:37 AM
Oh no another corrupt Brexiter.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/30/revealed-owen-paterson-lobbied-for-firms-he-was-paid-to-advise

I bet he's in deep shit. oh no wait, this kind of thing is perfectly acceptable in the Born To Rule Party now isn't it?

There's a linked story from January:

Owen Paterson trips worth £39,000 funded by unknown donors

QuoteTory former minister's trips including campaign for hard Brexit in US funded by donations to thinktank

QuoteMPs are required to declare the source of funds for any overseas visit worth more than £300. However, his thinktank, as a private company, is not required to identify its donors. By citing his thinktank as the source of funds, Paterson has effectively avoided revealing who actually financed them.

QuoteThe Guardian has since identified two of the thinktank's donors. Old entries on UK 2020's website reveal it has previously received sponsorship from the Crop Protection Association (CPA), which represents the agrochemical and GM sector, to host talks at the Conservative party's annual conferences in 2015 and 2016.

The CPA said it had never donated to UK 2020 to fund Paterson's overseas trips.

Another UK 2020 donor is the private forensic testing firm, Randox, which makes regular payments of £8,333 a month to Paterson as a consultant. Randox sponsored a UK 2020 report comparing international health outcomes and claiming that the UK's National Health Service delivered markedly worse outcomes than other countries.

Jerzy Bondov

Quote from: olliebean on October 01, 2019, 04:40:24 PM
My neighbours have already done that, perfectly legally, with their bloody extension. Big white wall on my side, at least it was when it was built, but in the rain it becomes a thoroughfare for snails so now it's covered in snail shit.

Also their builders fucked up my drain and the edge of my patio and tried to fence across my garden gate. Cunts.
What the... Are you my wife? Exact same thing happened here

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on October 02, 2019, 08:58:05 AM
What the... Are you my wife? Exact same thing happened here

That's a cheap extension standard. Let's them class one of their reception rooms as a bedroom to add another £50-100k to the list price*. Cunts all around us have been doing it. Based on the reductions I've seen on Rightmove, it doesn't really work.

Brilliantly, the morons next door also put a dividing wall up in their bathroom to add another "bedroom" to turn a 2 bed bungalow into a "4 bed". It's already been reduced twice in the six months since they did it.

NoSleep

Ha! Bit like that woman who bought a Rolf Harris painting, expecting it to increase in value.

idunnosomename

Priti Patel is such a fucking sociopath. What's the argument with "my parents were immigrants, so I can say free movement is bad" God forbid if these cunts ever get a post-Brexit mandate.

Cuellar

king_tubby

Plus all the 'North London elite' stuff which apparently doesn't mean 'Jews' when she says it.

poodlefaker

TBF I'm losing track of the synonyms for jewish these days; "North London",  "capitalist", "speculator", "metropolitan", "intellectual"...

steveh

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 02, 2019, 10:06:45 AM
Priti Patel is such a fucking sociopath. What's the argument with "my parents were immigrants, so I can say free movement is bad"

I liked this description:

QuoteThe ethos of the Racial Gatekeeper = my policies against (x) cannot be regressive, because I myself am of (x). To escape my policies, (x) must be exceptional, like me.

https://twitter.com/Okwonga/status/1179303391421517824

Cuellar

QuoteThey're bouncers for nightclubs to which they'll never be admitted.

Nice.

idunnosomename

the point is it's ok to be an immigrant if you are an entrepreneurial go-getter who will pull yourself up by the bootstraps (fuck over all your peers and suck up to power to get up the ladder and become a millionaire). my parents produced me who did that so in retrospect they're ok (same goes for Javid). but all you fuckers in small boats YOU CAN FUCKING DROWN, YOU WORMS

Cuellar

So their parents presumably wouldn't have been allowed in under their proposed rules

olliebean

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 02, 2019, 12:19:01 PM
the point is it's ok to be an immigrant if you are an entrepreneurial go-getter who will pull yourself up by the bootstraps (fuck over all your peers and suck up to power to get up the ladder and become a millionaire). my parents produced me who did that so in retrospect they're ok (same goes for Javid). but all you fuckers in small boats YOU CAN FUCKING DROWN, YOU WORMS

Or to put it more simply, regardless of your race and gender, with sufficient money you can buy your way into the White Males Club.

phantom_power

Quote from: olliebean on October 02, 2019, 12:25:00 PM
Or to put it more simply, regardless of your race and gender, with sufficient money you can buy your way into the White Males Club.

Well, you can sit in that special corner for a bit, until you have served your purpose and will be asked to leave

bgmnts

To be fair though it must be one hell of a herculean task to make all this blind hatred and contempt to human life sound like logical policies and mandates. I wouldn't know how to even begin to disguise it.

Paul Calf

Quote from: phantom_power on October 02, 2019, 01:19:15 PM
Well, you can sit in that special corner for a bit, until you have served your purpose and will be asked to humiliated, threatened and abused until you leave.

Lordofthefiles

Has it been explained why the Tories are using Brexit Party Blue (Pantone: R4c15tS) instead of their own Royal Blue (Pantone: R1cHWyt5) at the moment?

It's quite odd. As if the real Tory party has ceased to be.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Lordofthefiles on October 02, 2019, 02:15:37 PM
Has it been explained why the Tories are using Brexit Party Blue (Pantone: R4c15tS) instead of their own Royal Blue (Pantone: R1cHWyt5) at the moment?

It's quite odd. As if the real Tory party has ceased to be.
OOOOH YOU CHEEKY BEGGAR

Replies From View

They also changed to a kind of cuddly baby blue during the early years of Cameron's rebranding programme.

I'm guessing it's supposed to be subliminal, but you'd probably have to be a thick Tory voter or something for it to work.

petril

better than that "It Is Nineties Telly" darker blue they used to use

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: petrilTanaka on October 02, 2019, 06:47:27 PM
better than that "It Is Nineties Telly" darker blue they used to use

I didn't even know it was possible to get a colour stuck in your head, so yeah CHEERS for that.

idunnosomename

well as long as we can key it all out to put a giger genitalscape behind them

Replies From View

They should use BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH blue.

evilcommiedictator

I'm Australian but damn I'm loving the sooking by these young aspiring fascists tories
https://twitter.com/TelePolitics/status/1179054306013659139
So much projection, being called scum, how that must affect their psyche so. Time for a lie down in my third house.

kalowski

Quote from: evilcommiedictator on October 04, 2019, 02:00:52 AM
I'm Australian but damn I'm loving the sooking by these young aspiring fascists tories
So much projection, being called scum, how that must affect their psyche so. Time for a lie down in my third house.
Have they ever wondered why people think that of them? "All I did was be a member of a party that attacked the poorest in our society, opened divisions further and demonised the working class?"

BlodwynPig

Quote from: evilcommiedictator on October 04, 2019, 02:00:52 AM

We should amp up this kind of vitriol. Ha ha ha belly laughs. Heads in nooses

Blumf

Hadn't noticed this bright idea:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/10/06/boris-johnson-considers-penny-mordaunts-plans-replace-royal/
QuoteBoris Johnson is considering plans to replace Royal Yacht Britannia with two new £150m ships paid for by the  foreign aid budget, The Daily Telegraph can disclose.

Mr Johnson has been in talks with former International Development secretary Penny Mordaunt over plans dubbed "Britannia 2.0" for two new ships to be deployed around the world to help with relief efforts.

The new ships - with one called "Britannia" and the other names the "Florence Nightingale" or "Mary Seacole" - would be made available to members of the royal family for overseas tours to Commonwealth and other countries.

(that all, without a sub to the Torygraph)

Hummmmm.....