Author Topic: Liam Williams' Ladhood on TV  (Read 977 times)

BritishHobo

• That is a really reductive impression
Liam Williams' Ladhood on TV
« on: March 02, 2019, 07:49:43 PM »
Fuckin hell! Liam Williams' brilliant radio comedy Ladhood is getting a TV version, to air on BBC3. I know there was a lot of love for this over in the Pls Like thread, so hopefully quite a few people here will be as delighted by this news as I am.

Should be fun to see how the format is. Either way it's exciting to see him get a full TV comedy, and also in general to get a TV comedy looking at pre-teen and teenage life in the age of MSN and the like, which is surprisingly rare.

Re: Liam Williams' Ladhood on TV
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2019, 10:00:31 PM »
Loved the radio show, particularly the first series which someone from this forum was kind enough to hook me up with. This sounds like quite a bit of different beast though.

BlodwynPig

• Throwing two dogs at a goblin
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2019, 10:47:56 PM »
It's a shame that a few people didn't like his turn as the Hacktivist in This Time. I like his style.

Beagle 2

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2019, 12:00:42 AM »
Oh man, I didn't even know the radio version existed and it's all on Sounds. Very much looking forward to that, he's ace.

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2019, 10:49:56 PM »
whenever i see his name i always think about that comedy blaps thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXo-h-CHHyc

pretty memorable for some reason. i might rewatch later.

BlodwynPig

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2019, 10:57:59 PM »
whenever i see his name i always think about that comedy blaps thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXo-h-CHHyc

pretty memorable for some reason. i might rewatch later.

he he - didn't know about this. "Chicken Dippers..."

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2019, 01:46:53 PM »
Just giving this a listen now as it passed me by before.

If anyone has the inclination and knowledge - can you tell me the track that's playing in the background of the intro to S1E01 (House Party)? It's driving me mad.

Thanks.

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2019, 01:55:57 PM »
I like his poetic northerner/loiner thing. His Live at the BBC set was decent, and I've seen one episode of Pls Like. You get the feeling there's depth.

The only problem I had, initally, was his voice is kind of booming. Over it.

notjosh

• Golden Member
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2019, 02:01:24 PM »
If anyone has the inclination and knowledge - can you tell me the track that's playing in the background of the intro to S1E01 (House Party)? It's driving me mad.

If you mean S1E04 (House Party), Shazam identifies it as Come With Me by Special D.

If S1E01 (The Fight) then apparently it's Heater by Major Kap.

Jerzy Bondov

• get sum!!
    • Wrongfully Adapted
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2019, 02:04:18 PM »
I like his poetic northerner/loiner thing. His Live at the BBC set was decent, and I've seen one episode of Pls Like. You get the feeling there's depth.

I love his voice. I wish I had a nice booming voice like him.

BritishHobo

• That is a really reductive impression
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2019, 02:34:42 PM »
Liam Williams has written his first book – which will be released as an audiobook before coming out in print.

Homes & Experiences tells of 30-year-old Mark on a trip round Europe undertaking such endeavours as ‘mindful croissant making’ at a wellness retreat, trial ‘silent disco kayaking’ on the Tiber, and making authentic baklava in Greece.

The story, described as ‘funny, warm and deeply human’ is told through a series of emails back to a pal who should have been accompanying Mark – but they had a massive falling-out before he left.

Hodder & Stoughton will release the audiobook, read by Pls Like star Williams himself, in March 2020 followed by a hardback edition two months later.

The comic told trade website The Bookseller: "This project has been a real joy to undertake, it having been an adulthood-long ambition to complete a novel.

‘The fact that it’ll be an audio release first makes it feel a continuation of my radio work, which has helped to outbalance the impostor syndrome inevitable in taking on such a challenging form for the first time.’

The publisher’s editorial director Emma Herdman said the structure of the book ‘works perfectly for listening to in podcast-length chunks or binging in one weekend’.

Williams’s acclaimed Radio 4 Ladhood is to be made into a BBC Three series, it was also announced last month.

Exciting stuff!

Small Man Big Horse

• Writers wanted for comedy website, pls click below
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2019, 03:24:54 PM »

Pls Like is excellent and just gets better and better as it goes along, and it has a fantastic performance from Tim Key in it too so I'd definitely recommend checking out the rest of it.

BlodwynPig

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2019, 10:25:33 PM »
Pls Like is excellent and just gets better and better as it goes along, and it has a fantastic performance from Tim Key in it too so I'd definitely recommend checking out the rest of it.

I can't get hold of the second series sadly, but I think it was down to you that I started to watch it (which is odd, as our tastes rarely merge in terms of visual tastes - other tastes, well...;) ).