Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:51:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Liam Williams' Ladhood on TV

Started by BritishHobo, March 02, 2019, 07:49:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: checkoutgirl on December 03, 2019, 12:12:14 AM
It's good enough if not amazing but can we agree it isn't a comedy? If it is a comedy I've watched it wrong.

Based on the first episode alone I'd say it was a comedy drama, or what they call in the biz a "Comama".

checkoutgirl

Oh. Should comedy be measured by any laughter at all? I like Williams but he doesn't tickle my funny bone.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on December 03, 2019, 03:24:05 PM
Based on the first episode alone I'd say it was a comedy drama, or what they call in the biz a "Comama".

I'd call it a clever drama or "Cleverama"

Ray Travez

Watching this with chrissiebrmc. I think it's great. Also binge-watched both series of pls like, which I thought was bloody excellent.

Utter Shit

Yeah I watched both series of Pls Like on the back of this, and they are bloody brilliant.

wooders1978

Loved this - loads of this reminded me of my sixteenish years especially the bully cunts that you were sort of mates with/wanted to be mates with for some reason element

jsgibble

Often the (semi-)autobiographical / nostalgia thing can grate but this was pretty good. It was certainly more self-deprecating than some.

The Lurker

Enjoyable wee show. Agree with the comments about the nostalgia trip, I can see a lot of my younger self in young Liam. The bit where his mates said "empty house rules" made me laugh as that's definitely something my mates would say and do.

Small Man Big Horse

I watched the second episode earlier and liked it more than the first, it was bleak in places but not quite as brutally depressing. Have to say I'm really glad it doesn't have the nostalgia factor for me though, my group of friends were far less popular than Liam's for one thing, but it also meant my teenage years weren't quite as grim as his.

shh

Enjoying the first episode, seems more in c4's line of 'coming of age retro sitcom' than the bbc (raised by wolves,derry girls,inbetweeners etc). I think this is another shane allen effort - BBC comedy's output is far superior and more varied than its blandly homogeneous drama (imo).

imitationleather

Watched three episodes with the missus earlier. Thought the first episode was so-so but persisted because of the reaction on here. The second one was loads better.

Good show, although the similarity of the plots to The Inbetweeners does stick out.

The Lurker

SteK

The lads spitting raps in his bedroom for me was one of the funniest things ever.

Me name be Ralph
I'm five foot eleven
I live with my parents
But they're going on holiday soon

bgmnts

I'd call this a future drama or a "Futurama".