Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:04:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Other Two

Started by Small Man Big Horse, March 03, 2019, 02:04:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

Previously on CookdandBombd:

Quote from: Moribunderast on February 03, 2019, 10:09:02 AM
Only two episodes have aired but I'm quite enjoying The Other Two, starring Drew Tarver and Helene York as siblings whose personal failures are amplified by the sudden viral success of their teenage brother. It reminds me of Difficult People, though the tone is nowhere near as cutting. It's great that they avoided the obvious trope of the successful teen being obnoxious - it's much funnier and fresher that he's just super-nice and positive. Ken Marino is stealing the show thus far as the kid's manager.

Worth a look, says I.

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on February 04, 2019, 12:05:25 PMI've only seen the first episode so far but enjoyed it a fair bit, the characters are certainly appealing and though I'd like it to be a bit more cutting (being a big fan of Difficult People and missing it greatly) I definitely plan to stick with it.

Those posts were from the "Sitcoms that don't deserve their own threads" thread, but this has gotten so good now that I think it does. The first couple of episodes are decent enough but not anything that special but it's just gotten better with each following episode, with one where they rent out Justin Theroux's apartment being a lot of silly fun, and the episode where the teenage brother (Chase Dreams) releases a video about how much he loves his gay brother was superb stuff too. I really liked the prom date one as well, with the fake Chase making me laugh a lot, and as Moribunderast mentioned above Ken Marino is at his very best here.

Ja'moke

I hear there are lots of Survivor references in this show, so I feel obliged to start watching it.

Dr Funke

Really enjoying this too. I feel like Comedy Central's strike rate has been pretty good over the last few years.

veletision

It's fantastic.

Really enjoying it.

Ant Farm Keyboard

Provided you don't expect a a biting satire of show business about two losers in New York, similar to Difficult People (Cole Escola is involved), it's very effective and more bittersweet than I assumed it would be. For instance, the stuff with the roommate could have gone on for much longer, but they dropped it quite early in favor of character development, which was a good idea.
Of course, Ken Marino kills it every time his very peculiar character is on screen, but on the whole, it's quite balanced.