Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:59:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

lazy BBC news thread. US father names son 'Version 2.0'

Started by european son, February 03, 2004, 03:11:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

european son

bloody hell

QuoteA proud US father and self-confessed engineering "geek" has named his son after a computer software term.

Jon Blake Cusack, from Holland, Michigan, told local newspapers the US practice of adding "Junior" or "II" after a boy's name was too common.

So, when his son was born last week, he decided on the name Jon Blake Cusack 2.0, as if he were a software upgrade.

gazzyk1ns

Quote"If he has a child, he could name it 3.0," he said.

Not that you'll ever know, after your child severs all ties with you the day he turns 16 because you've ruined his life...

phillippa_maul

Where do these people get these stupid ideas from??

I suppose we should be happy that he didn' t name him after an entire football team :  rolls eyes: shakes head in dismay:

Quote...So, when his son was born last week, he decided on the name Jon Blake Cusack 2.0, as if he were a software upgrade.

Still if he acts up  they can just press CONTROL-ALT-DELETE!

<<groan!>>

TotalNightmare

geekcunts like this dont deserve to have kids...

Im surprised that he found someone dumb enough to boink...

Still, lets hope the kid gets a virus and he tries to get an Norton's Antivirus to cure it and he's found by police trying to insert a CD into his kids belly and pressing his naval in order to reboot the child...

Dr David V

Wow, I didn't think geeks had any attractive or redeeming features about them that would make them attractive to any woman on the planet. It seems I've been proven wrong.

Let's hope he's not upgraded to M.E. (another groan)

Speciality meat product

QuoteStill if he acts up they can just press CONTROL-ALT-DELETE!

Surely they'd just BOOT him out the door?

Timmay

Quote from: "Mr Greedy"
And if he refused to go, they'd have to RAM him out.

phillippa_maul

Quote from: "Timmay"
Quote from: "Mr Greedy"
And if he refused to go, they'd have to RAM him out.

:0)

Great stuff!

Kicking him out is betting than him hanging around the house having a 'Dos'!

OK....OK....that one was    s  t  r  e  t  c  h  e  d !!!

I'll get my coat  ;0)

Timmay

And if he was DOSsing about, I suppose he'd spend a lot of time staring out of the WINDOWS looking at all the rain.

Frinky

Timmay

Quote from: "Timmay"And if he was DOSsing about, I suppose he'd spend a lot of time staring out of the WINDOWS looking at all the rain.
And if he was going to go out in it, he'd obviously wear a MAC.

You leave it open, and still no one pounces.

Uncle_Z

Purple Tentacle

I'd like to live happily in a world free of racial BIOS.

terminallyrelaxed

They'll keep him in the intensive care ward for another few days. Until all the service packs are installed.
His Limo will never get to the Prom becuase he'll have the wrong driver.
And they'll have no phone after he phones up everyone in their address book and reads them the rest of the address book.

Purple Tentacle

Every time he goes to the pub for a little chat, some halfwit will ALWAYS walk in quacking, and some pratt will be sitting in the corner rambling on about how good the drugs he's taking are, while simultaniously weeping at the state of his life.

That's not a comment on the board, by the way, I just live in a crap neighbourhood.

What a silly name, eh?

This reminds me of another recent computer-terminology related story :
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/3607049/

Still Not George

Quote from: "Garfield And Friends"This reminds me of another recent computer-terminology related story :

Oh, for fuck's sake.

As a quick primer for the click-lazy, the above-linked article illustrates how fucking stupid the world is.
That's it, I'm going to go to sleep for another 3,000 years. Honestly, it was barely worth getting my kidneys out of the canopic jar.

gazzyk1ns

Vermschneid Mehearties

I do hope he isn't too traumatised in later life. If he finds himself without a job he'll never have the cache to make ends meet. Who knows? Maybe he'll excel in what he chooses to do, but it's like that it'll be an uphill struggle, particularly if he gets involved in an illegal operation.

weirdbeard

Quote from: "Garfield And Friends"What a silly name, eh?

This reminds me of another recent computer-terminology related story :

I'm more fucked off with that advert for Intel which is obscuring half the article, which you can't even close, even when you click on it

Lt Plonker

gazzyk1ns

Yeah that kid will be at the head-doctor's in a flash.

Purple Tentacle

Yeah, he'll have to closely monitor his behaviour.