Author Topic: Witcher 3 is shite [split topic]  (Read 5855 times)

biggytitbo

• WHAT ABOUT THE GODDAM JAFFA CAKES ASSWIPE
    • theunredacted
Re: Witcher 3 is shite [split topic]
« Reply #90 on: April 03, 2019, 10:31:14 PM »
It's quite funny and it has the voice of a wise cracking animal companion in a cgi cartoon https://youtu.be/WgECf4BFCz8

St_Eddie

• *The Patron Saint of Scallywags*
  • Silver Member
    • St_Eddie's YouTube Channel
« Reply #91 on: April 03, 2019, 10:42:39 PM »
It's quite funny and it has the voice of a wise cracking animal companion in a cgi cartoon https://youtu.be/WgECf4BFCz8

Nice acknowledgment of the poor A.I. pathfinding there.

« Reply #92 on: April 03, 2019, 11:10:30 PM »

I don't remember any snowball fight. The only bit of the game I felt was very obviously judging me was when Ciri asks you to go steal the horses and I went along with it but it definitely seemed like this was the game clumsily setting up a different path. I can't say I recall anything else like that. I'm not going to pretend I was paying 100% attention to the dialogue so I may have missed something, but looks like I ended up with the 'bad' ending where I have to go kill the crone at the end.

Then you probably said no to Ciri. It was an optional snowball fight with her. If you said no you are a step closer to the bad ending.

Best game ever made imo.

biggytitbo

• theunredacted
« Reply #93 on: April 03, 2019, 11:10:52 PM »
Yes, its a lovely, lovely bit of fun.

biggytitbo

• theunredacted
« Reply #94 on: April 05, 2019, 06:49:48 AM »
Im stuck behind a bit of scenery now and can't get out.

St_Eddie

• *The Patron Saint of Scallywags*
  • Silver Member
    • St_Eddie's YouTube Channel
« Reply #95 on: April 06, 2019, 12:30:11 AM »
Im stuck behind a bit of scenery now and can't get out.

Story of my life.

biggytitbo

• theunredacted
« Reply #96 on: April 09, 2019, 10:41:00 PM »
Can't get past this vampire fella at the end now because my sword and armour are broken and there's no opportunity to fix em. Having to try and burn him to death but it's a long drawn out affair. Any tips?

« Reply #97 on: April 10, 2019, 01:04:32 AM »
I tried replaying this game and echo kittens statement, it is far too windy. Coming off the back of a Skyrim replay, I have no sense of inhabiting this world, even when I just walk everywhere. The NPC's in Skyrim aren't half weird and their eyes freak me out but this game really exists in uncanny valley, why does everyone seem like they are putting on an accent for a laugh? Feels like watching a shite fantasy drama. Geralt is shit.

« Reply #98 on: April 10, 2019, 02:10:33 AM »
Can't get past this vampire fella at the end now because my sword and armour are broken and there's no opportunity to fix em. Having to try and burn him to death but it's a long drawn out affair. Any tips?

I'm afraid your only option is to use a GameShark cartridge.

Harpo Speaks

• Will Breev 4 Food
« Reply #99 on: April 11, 2019, 02:00:55 PM »
I tried replaying this game and echo kittens statement, it is far too windy. Coming off the back of a Skyrim replay, I have no sense of inhabiting this world, even when I just walk everywhere. The NPC's in Skyrim aren't half weird and their eyes freak me out but this game really exists in uncanny valley, why does everyone seem like they are putting on an accent for a laugh? Feels like watching a shite fantasy drama. Geralt is shit.

I enjoyed the NPC interactions for the most part, though some of the standard lines from the ones that you can't interact with soon became quite repetitive to hear as you were riding through. Didn't really have a problem with most of the voice work, though an American accent feels rather jarring when it comes out of the mouth of a character in a medieval fantasy setting. Bit of an odd choice.

I did warm to Geralt over the course of the game - when I started though I recall thinking he was just another example of that archetypal gravel-voiced, gruff male protagonist that we've seen a million times before, but there is a little more to him. Shame that he physically interacts with the world about as gracefully as a shopping trolley that's been pushed down some concrete steps, but at least there was some nice dialogue in there.

Finished the main game at the weekend. Some things I think it does brilliantly, but it's not a game I'm ever going to love. Some of that isn't the games fault admittedly, as I'm just not a massive fan of the fantasy setting in general. Still, 130 hours clearly means I got something out of it.

NoSleep

• feat. Keith Jarrett and his singing parrot
    • Space Is The Place