Author Topic: The Great Celebrity Bake Off - 2019  (Read 386 times)

daf

• Is this for posh knob 'eads?
The Great Celebrity Bake Off - 2019
« on: March 05, 2019, 07:58:44 PM »
Slinging this up - starts tonight in . . two minutes.

Episode 1 : Brand, Lithgow, Richardson, Cockroft  (. . . ev'rybody talk about Pop Baking)

On your marks, get set . . .  CHAT!

daf

• Is this for posh knob 'eads?
Re: The Great Celebrity Bake Off - 2019
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 07:29:08 PM »
Episode Two : Flapjack Week

Actors Michelle Keegan and Russell Tovey will be put to the test in The Great British Bake Off tent as they take part in a special celebrity edition of the baking show for Stand Up To Cancer.

The two will be joined by comedian James Acaster and presenter Rylan Clark-Neal

On your marks, get your freak on . . .  CHAAAAAAT!

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 04:26:49 AM »
This week vastly improved by the absence of Russell Brand.

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2019, 06:45:00 AM »
Brand did great. I thought he was going to deliberately self-sabotage the bakes like Tim Minchin did last year, trying to be a rebel on Bake Off, but he did rather well.

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2019, 10:54:24 PM »
I have nothing against his baking.  It's his person I find massively annoying. Not a moral objection, just an interhuman allergy.  I thought the rest were fine, though; John Lithgow was endearing, and Hannah Cockroft presented as athletes often do on these things: competent, low-faff effort.

I found James Acaster's doomed efforts far more entertaining, though.  (His fondant amusement park mascot was so comparatively competent that I was suspicious of its origins.)  And Rylan Rylan-Rylan was more likeable than I anticipated; I appreciate it when they're surprisingly skilled but not cocky about it.