Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:12:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Great Celebrity Bake Off - 2019

Started by daf, March 05, 2019, 07:58:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daf

Slinging this up - starts tonight in . . two minutes.

Episode 1 : Brand, Lithgow, Richardson, Cockroft  (. . . ev'rybody talk about Pop Baking)

On your marks, get set . . .  CHAT!

daf

Episode Two : Flapjack Week

QuoteActors Michelle Keegan and Russell Tovey will be put to the test in The Great British Bake Off tent as they take part in a special celebrity edition of the baking show for Stand Up To Cancer.

The two will be joined by comedian James Acaster and presenter Rylan Clark-Neal

On your marks, get your freak on . . .  CHAAAAAAT!

EbbyVale

This week vastly improved by the absence of Russell Brand.

Brand did great. I thought he was going to deliberately self-sabotage the bakes like Tim Minchin did last year, trying to be a rebel on Bake Off, but he did rather well.

EbbyVale

I have nothing against his baking.  It's his person I find massively annoying. Not a moral objection, just an interhuman allergy.  I thought the rest were fine, though; John Lithgow was endearing, and Hannah Cockroft presented as athletes often do on these things: competent, low-faff effort.

I found James Acaster's doomed efforts far more entertaining, though.  (His fondant amusement park mascot was so comparatively competent that I was suspicious of its origins.)  And Rylan Rylan-Rylan was more likeable than I anticipated; I appreciate it when they're surprisingly skilled but not cocky about it.

daf

Week 3 : Shortbread & Pork Pie Week

with TV funnyman Johnny Vegas, Big Narstie (stuck in the lift), M.P. Jess Phillips and Katarina Johnson-Thompson . . . plus mystery bonus baker!!

On your marks, get knotted . . . CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!

easytarget

JV was robbed, some good looking bakes from him.
Really enjoyed the "smash the patriarchy" cake.
Show improved when Big Narsty left - him and Vegas kinda occupy the same energy (but Narsty's loud, belligerence isn't funny or charming).
Liverpool jumping girl was good too - her last cake was hilarious.

Are Mel and Sue going to be contestants on this thing? 

EbbyVale

Agreed on Big Narstie's departure.  I think Prue poisoned him for the greater good.

I was curious to see if Johnny's ceramics experience translated at all, and it seemed to--he's deft with his hands and comfortable mucking around in a way inexperienced bakers often aren't.  That stout cake had a gorgeous color.  I thought he might win as well but I'm guessing Jess's stuff just tasted better overall.

Next week Joe Wilkinson and Jeremy Paxman, together as they were always meant to be.  I might need to cover my face with my hands and watch through my fingers.

daf

Week 4 : Crumpet Week

with 'Resting Bitch Face' Quizmaster Jeremy Paxman, Bearded Loon Joe Wilkinson, Northern Bird Sally Lindsay, and the 'Well-Brexit' Georgia 'Toff' Toffolo.

On your marks, Get off-a my cloud . . . CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!

daf

Week 5 : Mashed Flop-cake Week

TV newsreader Krishnan Guru-Murthy, Olympic boxer Nicola Adams, Love Island presenter Caroline Flack and actor Greg Wise

On your marks, Get Fresh with Gaz Top & Gilbert . . . CHAAAAA-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-AAAAAAAT!!!!!!!

daf

SABOTAGE!

(well done Sandy - hee hee!)