Author Topic: Documentary Now - Season 3  (Read 234 times)

RoadMaintenanceTycoon

• anyone can whistle, that's what they say
Documentary Now - Season 3
« on: March 06, 2019, 12:12:46 AM »
Has anyone else been obsessed with this? I caught the new Original Cast Album episode the other day and it was absolutely impeccable, John Mulaney as Sondheim really nails his sarcastic brooding vibe from the original Pennebaker doc. And the songs are great too. I love that a show as niche as this can exist.

Globesman (s02e04) is one of the greatest pieces of spoof TV I've ever seen, I can't fathom the lengths they must go to in the pursuit of making it feel real

Moribunderast

• What is your place in my glorification?
Re: Documentary Now - Season 3
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 02:29:57 AM »
I love the show but am having trouble bringing myself to watch season 3 as it apparently no longer stars Hader and Armisen? Their performances (Hader's especially) were what made the show for me. As an avid watcher of documentaries, I do appreciate the parodies but I'm not sold on it working without those two. I did watch the opening double-episode of season 3 (parody of Wild, Wild Country) and it didn't do much for me, sad to say.

The first two series are very, very good.

Re: Documentary Now - Season 3
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 01:34:50 PM »
I love the show but am having trouble bringing myself to watch season 3 as it apparently no longer stars Hader and Armisen? Their performances (Hader's especially) were what made the show for me. As an avid watcher of documentaries, I do appreciate the parodies but I'm not sold on it working without those two. I did watch the opening double-episode of season 3 (parody of Wild, Wild Country) and it didn't do much for me, sad to say.

The first two series are very, very good.

Armisen is in the next three, "Waiting for the Artist", "Searching for Mr. Larson: A Love Letter from the Far Side" and "Long Gone".