Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:45:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Goodies are back for an one off audio special

Started by Small Man Big Horse, March 06, 2019, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

Details here: https://www.rada.ac.uk/whats-on/the-goodies-live-in-your-ear/

Essentially they're recording a one off special (with guest star Joanna Lumley) which is going to be released on cd by a company called Audible Originals, I'd really like to go but I've tickets for Mark Thomas that night and so annoyingly can't.

SteveDave

Tickets bought before my wife confirms if it's OK. Love too be impulsive. Ta for the tip off SMBH.

Glebe

St_Eddie

ToneLa

You never heard of Audible?

Could be good(ie) anyway!

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: St_Eddie on March 06, 2019, 06:27:51 PM
Mark Thomas leaves the thread disappointed.

Heh, yesterday I was so excited that I'd got tickets for him (they were only a fiver too as it's a new podcast he's doing) but now I'm slightly frustrated as it's not like the Goodies perform that often. But I'm going to Thomas with the other half and she's looking forward to it, so it can't be skipped.

Quote from: ToneLa on March 06, 2019, 07:33:38 PM
You never heard of Audible?

Could be good(ie) anyway!

Ah, I didn't put two and two together there and realise it was the same company, because it appears I'm rather thick. Ah well, it's good to know for sure at last.

Pinball

The Goodies: The Complete BBC Collection

Well it's about time.

Jake Thingray

This will be unlistenable rubbish (hopefully Radio 4 could have aired it but sensibly turned it down) just as the original series is puerile, tee-hee-nicky-nacky-noo, unwatchable rubbish. Disappointed that more wasn't made of Theresa May's having been a fan when it was first on, at a time when anyone with any sense liked Python or was clinging to Cook etc's satirical movements from earlier.

Bennett Brauer

Jake Thingray

Honestly, have tried rewatching it while being objective, and it's simply dreadful. With the ep featuring "Timita", the political ad agency being called Snatchi and Snatchi marked the point where I simply had to switch off.

Bennett Brauer

^^ Sorry.

Some of it always was corny I guess, but I still think it's mostly ace. I just love the three of them as performers, and that makes the juvenility more enjoyable to me.

Danger Man

Quote from: Jake Thingray on March 08, 2019, 07:33:13 PM
This will be unlistenable rubbish

Probably. Great visuals and a few good songs but nobody remembers anything they ever said, do they?

To be fair, the books were great.