Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:14:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Celebrity Apprentice For Comic Relief

Started by Malcy, March 07, 2019, 09:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcy

Forgot this was on. Top banter from Alan at the start. Only person I didn't recognise was Robbie Williams wife or 'Robbie's Carer' as Sugar called her!

Malcy

That was superb. I was in tears laughing at the first act with naked Omid.

That was genuinely pretty funny. Never thought I'd ever say that about the apprentices

Malcy

Sugar must be smoking crack. Omid Djalili's act was hilarious. I laughed so hard and he walked out bollock naked and looking a bit terrified all in the name of making a few quid for charity. It wasn't his fault the audience were a bunch of stuffy pricks frightened of a bit of cock and arse.

Fair play to him. What did the rest do? Book a member of Blue to do half a song, an X Factor 'star' who's had her private pics exposed online for all to see and some shitty Irish band who sounded fucking hellish from the 3 seconds we were unfortunately subjected to.

At least Allarydce made some well presented nibbles!

Utter Shit

Quote from: Malcy on March 08, 2019, 09:42:13 PMan X Factor 'star' who's had her private pics exposed online for all to see

Yeah, the poor girl horrible slag.

Mango Chimes

Yeah, that's a weird and creepy thing to say.

Very odd this, not just in professional comedian Russell Kane showing he doesn't understand comedy (not a revelation), but Omid Djalili playing along. The act he booked was The Greatest Show On Legs. Losing the balloons wasn't a mistake, it's the entire gag, and one that they've been doing for about forty years. Stewart Lee at home fuming.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Malcy on March 07, 2019, 09:47:16 PM
Forgot this was on. Top banter from Alan at the start. Only person I didn't recognise was Robbie Williams wife or 'Robbie's Carer' as Sugar called her!

She played Rosa, Kingsley's not-really-Italian girlfriend in Fresh Meat, doing a borderline rrrrrrraceeest accent. I had no idea she was married to him until long after I watched that series.

Seeing Robbie Williams doing his flat singing reminded me how much I fucking hate Robbie Williams. I always thought he sounded like he was singing in The Club Style and he still does. His Two Ronnies neck tattoo also really annoyed me for reasons I can't explain. Maybe because I've spent too long looking at frames while buying glasses lately...

Blue Jam

The show itself was great, mind. Loved the looks of horror at the naked balloon act and Omid generally being full of shit.

Also is it me or is Karen Brady starting to resemble Alan Partridge's assistant Lynn? She's like a younger version, or like her in that scene in Alpha Papa where the hair and make-up people glam her up.

Alberon

YES!

I can just see her whispering acid asides into Sugar's ear about what the Apprentices really think of him before they start filming.

Rolf Lundgren

Quote from: Mango Chimes on March 10, 2019, 11:26:27 PM
Very odd this, not just in professional comedian Russell Kane showing he doesn't understand comedy (not a revelation), but Omid Djalili playing along. The act he booked was The Greatest Show On Legs. Losing the balloons wasn't a mistake, it's the entire gag, and one that they've been doing for about forty years. Stewart Lee at home fuming.

The reaction to the act looked like it had been played around with in post-production too.

I thought Omid was really funny throughout the whole episode playing it completely straight. This hint of what could be reinforces that a full series of a celebrity one would be great. I've contested for a long time that the US Celebrity Apprentice is some of the most astounding television I've ever seen. 

St_Eddie

Quote from: Rolf Lundgren on March 11, 2019, 08:43:16 PM
The reaction to the act looked like it had been played around with in post-production too.

100% the case.  I don't doubt that the crowd's reaction was genuinely flat on the night (as Omid correctly observed; it shouldn't have been the opening act) but there's no way that the entire room reacted like the staff in The Office to one of Brent's faux pas; dead silent, to the point that you could hear a pin drop.  The only thing missing was a record scratch layered on in post.  In fact, I think there may have even been one.