Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:48:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

White Gold S2

Started by Malcy, March 07, 2019, 11:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcy

All 6 eps up on the iPlayer. Enjoying it so far but autoplay put ep 4 before 3 so beware. I was a bit confused before realising. I barely remembered the first series but knew I enjoyed it. Good soundtrack as well.

Custard

Yeah, I enjoy this show too. It's not a patch on The Inbetweeners, but it has some very funny moments. I like the setting and the soundtrack is decent, too.

Two episodes into series two, and it's pretty much more of the same, with not much of a difference from series one, not that that's a bad thing.

Most of the humour lands, the cast are good, and it's light and breezy. No baaad at all

Utter Shit

Quite surprised this has continued given the allegations against Ed Westwick. Not that I think it SHOULD have been cancelled seeing as nothing was proven, but mud usually sticks and he was binned from some Agatha Christie because of them.

Alberon

I think this series was substantially delayed while the Agatha Christie thing couldn't be so they had to bite the bullet and recast and reshoot that.

If the charges had been proven then this series would probably have disappeared into the vaults never to be aired.

Tony Tony Tony

Binge watched the whole series in one sitting and really enjoyed it, particularly the soundtrack.

Writer Damon Beesley was on RHLSTP recently and he revealed that the Inbetweeners was originally going to be set in the 80s. However as it would prove too expensive (presumably by sourcing appropriate props and getting the look right) the setting was brought up to date. I suppose to paraphrase Partrtidge 'White Gold is the show the Inbetweeners could have been'.     

Tony Tony Tony

Talk of a possible third series of White Gold here https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a26808047/white-gold-series-3-ed-westwick-damon-beesley/ and mention of the allegations against Westwick

Utter Shit

Quote from: Tony Tony Tony on March 15, 2019, 12:10:30 PM
Binge watched the whole series in one sitting and really enjoyed it, particularly the soundtrack.

Writer Damon Beesley was on RHLSTP recently and he revealed that the Inbetweeners was originally going to be set in the 80s. However as it would prove too expensive (presumably by sourcing appropriate props and getting the look right) the setting was brought up to date. I suppose to paraphrase Partrtidge 'White Gold is the show the Inbetweeners could have been'.     

My favourite bit of info from that interview was that the working title for The Inbetweeners was 'Dickheads'. Should have stuck with that I reckon.