Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 09:13:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tetris 99 (Nintendo Switch)

Started by buntyman, March 07, 2019, 11:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Consignia

Cheers for the heads up, would have missed it otherwise.

Next weekend is another theme Grand Prix! It's a day longer than usual to account for the bank holiday.

Just a reminder, the Fire Emblem Grand Prix is now live.

Replies From View

Quote from: The Boston Crab on May 17, 2019, 06:37:11 PM
So sad to hear about the paedo subtext to this game :(

It was inevitable after all these years.  Just keep telling yourself that it only makes you a paedo by association, not by ring cycle.

DocDaneeka

Friendship ended with Tetris 99, now Tetris 99 invictus is my best friend.

Enjoying all the new bollocks they have added, gonna get that Zelda skin tomorrow.

Consignia

Quote from: DocDaneeka on September 05, 2019, 08:15:50 PM
Friendship ended with Tetris 99, now Tetris 99 invictus is my best friend.

Yup. Sorts the wheat from the chaff at least. The chaff being the peasants who are shit at Tetris. And probably everything else.

buntyman

I really like the new update. Working towards getting as many badges as I can. The 3 maximuses in a row is my current target. Going to try and get the 99 tickets one too before splashing out on all the themes. Anyone been winning in Invictus mode?

Consignia

Quote from: buntyman on September 14, 2019, 12:07:10 AM
Anyone been winning in Invictus mode?

Had a couple of top tens. Although I think it's faster paced, it's a bit easier than normal. I think most people still go for normal, so it's still tricky at higher levels.

Replies From View

Can't believe they're still tinkering with Tetris '99 after 20 years.  It's worse than when they made countless iterations of Street Fighter 2 when they should have been moving on to Street Fighter 3.

Consignia

Just unlocked my second theme from tickets, the Zelda one. They're great, it reminds me of Tetris DS.

The challenges are so variable, some of them are ones you got naturally like scoring a number of lines, but others go against the way I play Tetris completely. The most obvious being the t spin ones, which I can't set up for the life of me. But still loads of fun to keep at it every day, like I need an excuse to play more Tetris.

Slipped completely under the radar, but there's another Grand Prix this weekend to unlock a Super Kirby Clash theme. You've got until 9am on Tuesday to get 100pts. Winning this theme also unlocks 99 gem apples in Super Kirby Clash.

buntyman

Really proud of my latest icon unlocks - the 3 maximuses in a row and the 3 top tens without hold queue or any tetrises. Struggling a bit with the all clears challenge now

DocDaneeka

Managed to get 2nd 3 times in Invictus but still no win!