Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:33:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

SHUT UP YA F... The Question Time thread

Started by Tombola, March 08, 2019, 12:04:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

holyzombiejesus

Just watching it now. That mental bloke blaming Owen Jones for the West Midlands Police Commissioner spending 3m refurbishing his offices.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on March 10, 2019, 12:11:32 PM
At least four of the people on there were Tory activists:
https://twitter.com/OwenJones84/status/1104695577219133441

A thorough, independent investigation of the BBC's political output is needed.

Buelligan

Apparently there were four tories chosen to speak in this week's QT, you can see them here in this handy short compilation.  Can this really be unbiased?  No it fucking cannot, complain now!

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Buelligan on March 10, 2019, 09:20:34 PM
Apparently there were four tories chosen to speak in this week's QT, you can see them here in this handy short compilation.  Can this really be unbiased?  No it fucking cannot, complain now!

Sent an e-mail off to the BBC.

Reply: "Yeh, whatevs - deal with it Corbo cultist"

What now?

Buelligan

I don't think that's true Blods.  Or, if it is, why haven't they replied to mine?  Did you attach a Paypal credit or something?  Complain about bias here.  It'll take less than five minutes and you'll feel better after.

gib

I feel bad for laughing at the man with a stutter.

Julia Hartley-Brewer is a truly awful human being, and she's on this all the time.

Buelligan

She's super-rebarbative.  I want to light her hair, it looks like it would go up easy.

gib

The audience double-act of the fervent unstable remainer (loved the finger flourish in conclusion) and the fervent unstable leaver (in the shit jumper) was, well it was something.

Sebastian Cobb

QuoteShouty guy on #bbcqt turns out to be a disgraced barrister who supplied 'chemsex' drugs to his teenage boyfriend, who later died from an overdose. His previous clients include Nadine Dorries and the Earl of Cardigan. https://t.co/Zmku2RHaHC
https://twitter.com/imajsaclaimant/status/1106349347845926913?s=19

Fambo Number Mive

On yesterday's QT the SNP panelist had a go at Labour for not voting for the second referendum amendment. Clive Lewis had to make the point that the People's Vote campaign said it was not the time. Shouldn't Fiona Bruce have challenged Ian though?

Professor Catherine Barnard is good on this. We need more panelists like this who actually add to the debate.

Fiona Bruce and her "Had to get that in, I can't let them have all the best lines" comment after a tedious Cox's Codpiece joke is pathetic though. Shit jokes like David Dimbelby. The QT host should challenge the panelists and audience and keep the debate flowing, not try to hog the limelight with rubbish jokes.

holyzombiejesus

Just seen the most recent one. What a load of dickheads in the audience! A vicar attacked Laura Pidcock for not doing anything about knife crime but when questioned what he would do, stated that addressing fly-tipping and littering was key. Another fat-faced prick said we should blame the parents. Tim Winkypoo the beer man said the problem was that knife crime is trendy. Angry black woman was passionate but missed the point. Laura Pidcock was great.

TrenterPercenter

Stopping watching this couple of years back as it became transparently clear that this was just an assembly for the plebs hoping to distract from the illusion of accountability.  It's a complete anger laden mess nowadays from what I can gather and the BBC is completely neutered from any meaningful critique of the Tories because they have the by the bollocks.

pancreas

I just wait for momentum to post the reasonable bits on facebook.

Jockice

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on June 23, 2019, 11:14:08 AM
Just seen the most recent one. What a load of dickheads in the audience! A vicar attacked Laura Pidcock for not doing anything about knife crime but when questioned what he would do, stated that addressing fly-tipping and littering was key. Another fat-faced prick said we should blame the parents. Tim Winkypoo the beer man said the problem was that knife crime is trendy. Angry black woman was passionate but missed the point. Laura Pidcock was great.

So was Francesca Martinez the week before.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on June 23, 2019, 11:14:08 AM

Can you elaborate a bit on why the passionate woman missed the point? I haven't watched the most recent episode of Question Time.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on June 23, 2019, 11:31:12 AM
Can you elaborate a bit on why the passionate woman missed the point? I haven't watched the most recent episode of Question Time.

She was blaming the lack of any progress on tackling knife crime on MPs as a whole. She identified there was an issue with funding community services but again went on to blame "you lot" on the panel.

BlodwynPig

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: pancreas on June 23, 2019, 11:24:31 AM
I just wait for momentum to post the reasonable bits on facebook.

Quote from: Jockice on June 23, 2019, 11:28:51 AM
So was Francesca Martinez the week before.

I saw a FM clip that Momentum posted (about Johnson supporting austerity) and it was great. I wish the bit where she talked about how Corbyn and McDonnell were the only 2 politicians who consistently turned up for protests about cuts to disability benefits and services was as widely shared (although maybe it was and I just didn't see it).

Jockice

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on June 23, 2019, 11:39:37 AM
I saw a FM clip that Momentum posted (about Johnson supporting austerity) and it was great. I wish the bit where she talked about how Corbyn and McDonnell were the only 2 politicians who consistently turned up for protests about cuts to disability benefits and services was as widely shared (although maybe it was and I just didn't see it).

It didn't appear on the official Question Time Twitter feed but quite a few people I know found it and shared it. As someone who knows her (very vaguely. We've met a couple of times and once appeared on the same video) I was cheering her on. About time someone said that. Although her constant references to being 'wobbly' do irritate me a bit. Dunno why, they just do.

mothman

It doesn't exactly fill one with confidence for the oft-raised concept of a citizens' assembly.

Dr Rock

Quote from: BlodwynPig on June 23, 2019, 11:39:11 AM
Knives don't kill people, killers do

8 million people in London. Less than 200 murders a year. About 60 a year fatal stabbings. I can understand why it's a concern but there are a lot of people who hate London, and would never come here in case they saw a black person, pretending they really care about knife crime when they really want to push the black people are dangerous stereotype. Like The Sun really gives a shit, never commented on Glasgow knife crime did it.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Dr Rock on June 23, 2019, 12:09:04 PM
8 million people in London. Less than 200 murders a year. About 60 a year fatal stabbings. I can understand why it's a concern but there are a lot of people who hate London, and would never come here in case they saw a black person, pretending they really care about knife crime when they really want to push the black people are dangerous stereotype. Like The Sun really gives a shit, never commented on Glasgow knife crime did it.

Never more than 6 feet from a racist in London

alan nagsworth

That's the thing with racists is they have terrible spatial awareness.