Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 04:01:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

fat Lydon rants and raves at punk panel

Started by the science eel, March 08, 2019, 12:12:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabian Thomsett

Angry 63 year old with three houses fits 'get off my lawn' archetype to a tee shocker.

Fabian Thomsett

Quote from: non capisco on April 28, 2019, 12:09:28 AM
I don't really think it's worth pillorying John Lydon for anything he does and says at this stage in his life that deviates from his entrenched public image (hurr hurr).  His wife's got alzheimers, he's watching the personality of someone he's loved for years dematerialising before his eyes bit by bit every day with the certain knowledge that at some point she won't recognise him at all and shortly after that she'll die. I'll forgive him for lashing out in the wrong directions in that headspace. The cunt wrote and recorded 'Rise' which is more than I'll ever do.

Ah didn't read that bit. Makes me feel a bit more sympathetic.

Noodle Lizard

Rich or not, if you've got people vandalizing your home and throwing bricks through the window it's surely frustrating at the very least.

sponk

His sick wife has nothing to do with it. Like it or not, as a citizen his legal rights should be respected no more or less than anyone else's, and if people are trespassing on his property or intimidating him, he's fully justified in calling the police to protect him. The way homeless people are treated by the authorities is a separate discussion, and I agree it's a disagree there are any homeless people at all in a country like the US, but that's by the by

sponk

911 what is your emergency?

My house is being vandalised! Come quick!

One moment sir, do you have any sick relatives?

No

Sorry sir, you deserve everything you get. Good bye.

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: sponk on April 28, 2019, 02:37:42 PM
His sick wife has nothing to do with it. Like it or not, as a citizen his legal rights should be respected no more or less than anyone else's, and if people are trespassing on his property or intimidating him, he's fully justified in calling the police to protect him. The way homeless people are treated by the authorities is a separate discussion, and I agree it's a disagree there are any homeless people at all in a country like the US, but that's by the by

From what I can gather, he's talking more about the young runaway punk and hippie types who hang around Venice Beach living in squats/dens.  Venice and Santa Monica right next door are known for treating the homeless pretty well.  Venice is a weird area because it's trendy and expensive to live in now, but is still frequented by all the types who made it a bit grim back in the day.  At night, especially, it's not the greatest place to be and he's not lying about the needles.

alan nagsworth

don't know what all the fuss is about tbh. his wife probably forgot all about the incident before it had even happened. another day in the life for these so called rock stars

alan nagsworth

Pauline Walnuts

I lol'ed.

I'm feeling a lot of shame now.