Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 05:10:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wrestling: The Baron Corbin Era

Started by Z, March 08, 2019, 01:10:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moribunderast

The Viking Experience is hilarious. Expect the mega-push that AOP, Revival and Heavy Machinery got when they were called up. How long 'til Rowe, er, Erik, is dancing?

Also dilutes plans for when Velveteen Dream eventually goes up because the "experience" is kinda his thing. Although by this point he'll probably debut as The Velour Sleep Paralysis.

mikeyg27

The only possible explanation I can come up with for The Viking Experience is that every War '______' suffix is trademarked already. Why they couldn't just be the Viking Raiders or the Vykyngs or pretty much anything other than The Viking Experience is beyond me.

It also seems weird to call them up now considering that they're NXT champs and that division is going to need a complete rebuild over the next few months, unless they're planning to slot The Undisputed Era back there (which seems unlikely).

kitsofan34

Quote from: mikeyg27 on April 16, 2019, 11:04:05 AM
The only possible explanation I can come up with for The Viking Experience is that every War '______' suffix is trademarked already. Why they couldn't just be the Viking Raiders or the Vykyngs or pretty much anything other than The Viking Experience is beyond me.

It also seems weird to call them up now considering that they're NXT champs and that division is going to need a complete rebuild over the next few months, unless they're planning to slot The Undisputed Era back there (which seems unlikely).

What you're doing there is assuming Vince gives a solitary fuck about the long term developments of NXT.

Timothy

Really good RAW. Only downside is the Viking Experience. Awful name for a great team.

Commentary was for the first time in weeks quite good tonight. Shane was hilarious. Miz on RAW is good news. Tag match was good. Sami Zayn is awesome. Uso's and Mysterio to RAW, might make for some interesting matches. Andrade on RAW makes for a lot of interesting match ups and match against Balor was great. And AJ on Raw.... fantastic.

Looking forward to Smackdown. Hope Wyatt debuts his new weird character.

QuoteRight i'm turning this off and going to try to quit this shit for good. I've got headphones in as girlfriend is asleep in bed and i've got this commentary team injected into my head. Graves and Young as the absolute fucking worst. It's not even what they say. It's there cadence and rhythm. Just absolute dogshit.

Bye Vince. I will try not to be back.

Just because of the commentary? Because the show was quite good last night.

Utter Shit

I'm having great fun imagining the fleeting joy on the face of whoever it was that convinced Vince that War Raiders was a stupid, shit name. They've gone from being named after a packet of 10p crisps to being named after an unpopular educational Disneyworld attraction.

up_the_hampipe

Vince is apparently announcing the biggest acquisition in Smackdown history tonight. Presuming it's Brock.

Timothy

Hi guys!
So yeah, you are debuting on RAW tonight!
Yeah we know you are NXT Champs but we come up with an explanation.
Oh, by the way, we will change your name to The Viking Experience. Good luck champs.

QuoteVince is apparently announcing the biggest acquisition in Smackdown history tonight. Presuming it's Brock.

Roman.

Again getting hopes up for Punk returning even though that won't happen.

madhair60

A reminder that NJPW World only costs about nine quid a month and it's far better than WWE.

Spode

Fully bored of Balor now. Come out, grin, have the same match you have every week, do that fucking sling blade and then jump on someone's chest. Or get distracted/rolled up. Yawn.

There's no-one on Raw he can have a decent match with that he hasn't already had a match with. Hope he goes to Smackdown.

Deanjam

Since the US title did't go to Raw I don't see how Balor can go to SD now. In fact none of the titles look to be changing shows.

The biggest signing in Smackdown live history (all three years of it) will be a let down. Unless it's someone from outside WWE it's nothing to get excited about.

Deanjam

Quote from: Spode on April 16, 2019, 12:47:47 PM
Fully bored of Balor now. Come out, grin, have the same match you have every week, do that fucking sling blade and then jump on someone's chest. Or get distracted/rolled up. Yawn.

He's desperately in need of a turn. His best work was as a heel in New Japan.

Quote from: Deanjam on April 16, 2019, 02:09:23 PM
The biggest signing in Smackdown live history (all three years of it) will be a let down. Unless it's someone from outside WWE it's nothing to get excited about.

Boy, you're going to have egg on your face when it's revealed that it's a McMahon or Ken Kennedy or somebody equally as fucking shit!

Ja'moke

Quote from: Deanjam on April 16, 2019, 02:09:23 PM
Since the US title did't go to Raw I don't see how Balor can go to SD now. In fact none of the titles look to be changing shows.

It was rumoured there was a segment planned for Joe on Raw last night but he's sick and couldn't make the show.

Quote from: Deanjam on April 16, 2019, 02:10:37 PM
He's desperately in need of a turn. His best work was as a heel in New Japan.

He sells boat loads of merchandise though so it's probably not happening any time soon.

Ja'moke

Harper has requested his release: https://twitter.com/LukeHarperWWE/status/1118246927999676416

Good decision on his part. He's got tons of potential and it felt like WWE was never going to do anything major with him... I mean, he was the most over guy back during the Wyatt/Orton feud and after that they dropped him back down the card. I can see him doing well in Japan.

Luke Harper would be GREAT in NJPW. I hope his release gets granted so he becomes a G1 Climax participant. Such a waste by WWE. Dude is a great worker, can promo, has a great look, and if he's requesting his release then he's still motivated.

WWE must be the only company around who would push a nomark like Baron Corbin instead of someone like Luke Harper, surely? Not even Impact would do that these days.

Ja'moke

Smackdown's women's division is stacked.

Moribunderast

Quote from: Ja'moke on April 17, 2019, 02:14:33 AM
Smackdown's women's division is stacked.

And Raw, the three-hour show, is left with Lacey, Alexa, Naomi and Nattie. Oof.

Sky Pirates have been broken up in favour of Paige managing Kairi and Asuka as a team. I disagree with giving Kairi a mouthpiece as I think her promos are very endearing but Vince and Dunn probably just see a Chinese speaking gibberish and assume the audience needs an interpreter.

At least it will hopefully lead to an Asuka heel turn and good feud.

Ja'moke

I was going to say Raw still had Mickie and the Riott Squad, but they've just moved Mickie and Liv to SD according to WWE.com (Apollo and Gable too).

Moribunderast

Ah, Gable... the hope I had for that kid. Then they squandered American Alpha, tagged him with Shelton Benjamin (and they vanished) and then tagged him with Roode as a weird cosplaying goober... in a different time he would have had a Kurt Angle like ascendancy and would have already put on numerous Main Event classics. He's like the No. 1 Guy I want to get the fuck out of WWE and ply his trade elsewhere.

Deanjam

Quote from: Moribunderast on April 17, 2019, 02:54:14 AM
Sky Pirates have been broken up in favour of Paige managing Kairi and Asuka as a team.

2 of my favourite wrestlers managed by an absolute gobshite. Marvellous.

Z

Quote from: An Actual Propeller on April 16, 2019, 11:09:22 PM
WWE must be the only company around who would push a nomark like Baron Corbin instead of someone like Luke Harper, surely? Not even Impact would do that these days.
Corbin is like 2 inches taller, somehow manages to look nowhere near as big as he is whereas Luke Harper looks gigantic.

Baron Corbin without his terrible hair looks like a guy I'd expect to be announcing the next Call of Duty game or some shit too, just an astoundingly boring look.

hummingofevil

Quote from: Deanjam on April 17, 2019, 07:02:10 AM
2 of my favourite wrestlers managed by an absolute gobshite. Marvellous.

Yeah. Awful.

Is RR getting booed yet? Can't be long now.

Kevin Owens joining the New Day is the modern day version of Owen Hart joining the Nation. Enough is enough and it's time for a change!

hummingofevil

Quote from: confettiinmyhair on April 17, 2019, 08:07:44 AM
Kevin Owens joining the New Day is the modern day version of Owen Hart joining the Nation. Enough is enough and it's time for a change!

He's what? Like properly joined them? Fuck me.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: hummingofevil on April 17, 2019, 08:08:36 AM
He's what? Like properly joined them? Fuck me.

Yes and it was wonderful.

Timothy

Quote from: Timothy on April 16, 2019, 12:04:44 PM

Roman.

Again getting hopes up for Punk returning even though that won't happen.

Shit I was right. Hoped for something better.

SD was awful.