Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 05:05:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wrestling: The Baron Corbin Era

Started by Z, March 08, 2019, 01:10:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hummingofevil

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on April 17, 2019, 09:01:39 AM
Yes and it was wonderful.

Oh good. I really like heel Owens hence my urgh but he is a naturally funny guy so replacing Big E for now is not a bad idea I suppose. Owens / Big E singles feud when E returns could be fun. Has E ever been a heel? I don't remember him being in NXT cos he had that awesome 5 count thing (who I think he stole off someone else but can't remember).

Ja'moke

Quote from: hummingofevil on April 17, 2019, 02:55:42 PM
Oh good. I really like heel Owens hence my urgh but he is a naturally funny guy so replacing Big E for now is not a bad idea I suppose. Owens / Big E singles feud when E returns could be fun. Has E ever been a heel? I don't remember him being in NXT cos he had that awesome 5 count thing (who I think he stole off someone else but can't remember).

He was a heel bodyguard for Ziggler at one point. And obviously New Day were heels for a good while too.

Quote from: hummingofevil on April 17, 2019, 02:55:42 PM
he had that awesome 5 count thing (who I think he stole off someone else but can't remember).

King Kong Bundy.

Deanjam

Quote from: Ja'moke on April 16, 2019, 02:50:25 PM
It was rumoured there was a segment planned for Joe on Raw last night but he's sick and couldn't make the show.

Looks like Joe is on Raw then, although they've not announced it.

up_the_hampipe

Trashy gossip on twitter right now about Lana and Rusev. I'll let you go look for it yourselves, as long as you're not at work.

Deanjam

Countdown to my phone was hacked ... 5 ... 4 ... 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on April 17, 2019, 05:43:41 PM
as long as you're not at work.

Aye. Deffo NSFW!

up_the_hampipe

Timothy

Ja'moke

I'm enjoying the "everyone is coming for Becky" stuff. That's all wrestling needs to be sometimes, people stepping up and wanting to take their shot at the champion.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Ja'moke on April 18, 2019, 02:47:20 PM
I'm enjoying the "everyone is coming for Becky" stuff. That's all wrestling needs to be sometimes, people stepping up and wanting to take their shot at the champion.

If only denim jeans British Bulldog was alive to join in :( GIMME MOY TOITLE SHOT!

Ja'moke

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on April 18, 2019, 02:58:35 PM
If only denim jeans British Bulldog was alive to join in :( GIMME MOY TOITLE SHOT!

*throws a bin at Stephanie McMahon*

gmoney

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on April 18, 2019, 02:58:35 PM

Wal-Mart denim jeans.

Custard

"I'm coming for you.....GAME BOY!"

up_the_hampipe

Anyone watching the new Viceland series 'Dark Side of the Ring'? It goes over well-covered ground, but provides some new information. It's a bit sensationalised in its production, but certainly worth a watch. Jim Cornette revealed that he came up with the idea for the Montreal Screwjob.

Ja'moke

Cody's opponent for Double or Nothing is, as suspected, Dustin Rhodes. Cool little video package: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCLnNAt8kxQ

Moribunderast

While the match itself does little for me, I really hope AEW continue to hype matches with videos like that when they have a TV show. These videos are so good and show you don't need to do a million wacky angles or have people wrestling in endless tag matches to build up a match. Just state the issue, let the involved parties talk and if any extra seasoning is needed, go for it then. NXT is generally quite good with videos like this too.

Double Or Nothing card is looking very good - 5/7 matches I'm keen on with Lucha Bros vs. Bucks, Pac vs. Page and Omega vs. Jericho all a good chance to be excellent. Going to be interesting to see if they have any surprises in store. Dean Ambrose/Jon Moxley will obviously be the one everybody's waiting for. I feel like he's done with wrestling but I do wonder if these guys can lure Punk out of retirement in the near-future. He's a proud, stubborn man but the lure of all that money and doing a match (or a few) to spite WWE would surely be quite the motivator.

Timothy

Quote from: Ja'moke on April 21, 2019, 12:06:20 AM
Cody's opponent for Double or Nothing is, as suspected, Dustin Rhodes. Cool little video package: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCLnNAt8kxQ

Great video but probably a dull match. Onlu dull match on the card so far though.

hummingofevil

Quote from: Timothy on April 21, 2019, 08:44:35 AM
Great video but probably a dull match. Onlu dull match on the card so far though.

Remember the Cody match at All In 1 was ace. Big fight feels. I'm no particular fan of Cody in ring but Dustin has always been great and for what I remember always comes across strong in front of live audiences. It will be a sleeper. Surprise belter!

Timothy

Quote from: hummingofevil on April 21, 2019, 10:22:24 AM
Remember the Cody match at All In 1 was ace. Big fight feels. I'm no particular fan of Cody in ring but Dustin has always been great and for what I remember always comes across strong in front of live audiences. It will be a sleeper. Surprise belter!

Didn't really like Cody's match at All In. Entrances made it feel like a big fight but I just don't find Cody much interesting in ring. It was alright I guess. Don't think Dustin vs Cody is gonna be great. Fun to see, but not for longer then a few minutes.

Punk doing a sneak ''return'' like that was awesome. Imagine being in the crowd and finding out you saw Punk when you come home and read Twitter. Amazing.

Ja'moke

QuoteAs noted earlier today on PWInsider.com, Aleister Black, Andrade and Zelina Vega were moved from the Raw brand over to Smackdown.

PWInsider.com has been told that the move to bring Andrade and Vega back to Smackdown was made, in part, at the request of FOX as the brand lacked any major Latino stars following the Superstar Shakeup last week and that once the series moves to FOX this October, there are plans to spotlight WWE's Latino stars on their Spanish language station, Fox Deportes.

Andrade is of course, dating Charlotte Flair, as they publicly revealed on the red carpet of the WWE Hall of Fame earlier this month, so this move also allows the couple to remain on the same touring brand.

Black was moved, at least in part, due to the fact he is married to Zelina Vega, as WWE has made an effort to keep married couples on the same brand, but we are also told there were some idea pitched for him as part of the blue brand.

Deanjam

So the most pointless shake-up of them all becomes even more pointless. Hurrah!

up_the_hampipe

Charlotte Hogan with that booking power. Get yer man, honey!

Timothy

Dirthsheets also said that Cesaro is going to go to RAW. Solo.

Wonder if Sheamus is going to retire now duw to his neck problems.

Ja'moke

Viking Experience are now called... Viking Raiders.

Deanjam

mikeyg27

Quote from: mikeyg27 on April 16, 2019, 11:04:05 AM
The only possible explanation I can come up with for The Viking Experience is that every War '______' suffix is trademarked already. Why they couldn't just be the Viking Raiders or the Vykyngs or pretty much anything other than The Viking Experience is beyond me.

Hey WWE, I am free for basic part-time consultancy work. You can pay me in WWEShop gift tokens.

Mobius

Quote from: Ja'moke on April 22, 2019, 10:36:30 PM
Viking Experience are now called... Viking Raiders.

Big improvement!

War Machine
War Raiders
Viking Experience
Viking Raiders

they'll be The Viking Machine next week