Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:27:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wrestling: The Baron Corbin Era

Started by Z, March 08, 2019, 01:10:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hummingofevil

Very interesting news. Double of Nothing is going to be broadcast in UK on ITV PPV. The first hour will be on ITV4 which means that although it is at midnight on a Saturday night we getting AEW on free to air TV. It could lead to nothing but if ITV is sniffing around this (also remember the Khan's have London base through Fulham and will have contacts in ITV sport) the model of an weekly AEW show on ITV plus regular traditional PPVs on ITV PPV could be massive news.

WOS got 1 million views then dropped right off year? If they repeated that in UK then that would be a bit mental. Raw currently gets something like 50,000 viewers in UK.

Fuck what I said about AEW All or Nothing on Fite TV - it's going to be on ITV Box Office for £15.

(Unless you're Timothy, in which case Fite TV is still your best option).

(Edit to add how much it'll cost.)

hummingofevil

Quote from: An Actual Propeller on May 08, 2019, 03:31:56 PM
Fuck what I said about AEW All or Nothing on Fite TV - it's going to be on ITV Box Office.

(Unless you're Timothy, in which case Fite TV is still your best option).

Beat you to it on this one. :)

Timothy

Can you watch ITV outside the UK?

hummingofevil

Quote from: Timothy on May 08, 2019, 03:37:52 PM
Can you watch ITV outside the UK?

This will be for UK. I am almost certain it will be on Fite for you.

Timothy

If you have a PS4, I suppose if you've got the knowhow you can set your country code to UK or something and watch ITV Box Office via that, but I don't even know whether that'll work.  Fite TV would still be easiest for Europe (unless a Netherlands station shows it).

BRen

I didn't even know ITV had a box office until I read about this, but £15 is pretty decent and it's good that it's going to be on an accessible channel over here, rather than having to stream it through Fite or whatever. If they do get the weekly show onto ITV long term then this could be good for them going forward. Anyone reckon ol'Moxley will turn up to Double or Nothing?

My guess: Jon Moxley will turn up on the first episode of AEW's TV show because they need a "Lex Luger moment".

Ja'moke

I also didn't know ITV had a box office service, but yeah, £15 is a decent price, and saves messing about with FiteTV (sorry, Timothy).

Somewhat related:

QuoteWOS Wrestling, the UK's leading wrestling organization, has secured a landmark deal with US broadcaster Stadium, who will air 10 x 60' episodes weekly from Sunday 12th May at 7pm EST plus repeats

gmoney

That WOS deal is for the first series apparently, so good on them for actually managing to flog that to someone.

Moribunderast

Seems wrestling twitter is just remembering Lars Sullivan is a big ol' racist. Big E and Kalisto ain't fans.

Ja'moke

Quote from: Moribunderast on May 09, 2019, 12:45:47 PM
Seems wrestling twitter is just remembering Lars Sullivan is a big ol' racist. Big E and Kalisto ain't fans.

Someone on Reddit found another account Lars used on that bodybuilding forum where he'd posted even more directly racist and homophobic stuff. That's why it's all come back up again over the past week.

sevendaughters

NJPW BOSJ

OUT>>>>FLIP GORDON (visa) & EL DESPERADO (broken jaw)
IN>>>>REN NARITA (young lion) & DOUKI (random indy guy trained by Taichi)

Quote from: sevendaughters on May 10, 2019, 11:21:16 AM
NJPW BOSJ

OUT>>>>FLIP GORDON (visa) & EL DESPERADO (broken jaw)
IN>>>>REN NARITA (young lion) & DOUKI (random indy guy trained by Taichi)

For a tired minute I thought that said El Phantasmo, and I thought poor dude, after all this build up?

Not a massive loss, those replacements. I'll assume Flip Gordon didn't sort out his Visa because the Earth was flat enough for him not to get one, or something.

amateur

Quote from: An Actual Propeller on May 08, 2019, 03:31:56 PM
Fuck what I said about AEW All or Nothing on Fite TV - it's going to be on ITV Box Office for £15.

I'm going to cancel my Network subscription for at least a month so I can spend the money on this. A little competition and/or Vince leaving for the XFL could be what they need to turn the ship round.

Z

I watched an OSW review video a few days ago and YouTube is gone crazy in the same way it goes whenever I stumble onto something Jordan Peterson related. Every other video on my sidebar is an OSW one.

Do they even do old school reviews anymore? I kinda went off them in a big way when I saw their patreon was monthly but their core content was at best quarterly (unless you give a shite about their reviews of films or w/e)

sevendaughters

RIP Silver King. In ring is no way to go.

Timothy

Not sure if it's allowed here or not. If not delete this comment.

We have two tickets for RAW and Smackdown, tomorrow and Tuesday, on sale.
Will make a Twicket link for both of them. Will sell them for face value, or for a CookdandBombd member for less then that.

We can't travel from Europe to the UK. Our dog suddenly fell ill this weekend and we don't want to leave.

PM if you are interested.

magval

Really hope your dog feels better Tim.

Enzo

Quote from: sevendaughters on May 12, 2019, 12:55:44 PM
RIP Silver King. In ring is no way to go.

I'm shocked that there was no medical team at the event.

The OTT events in dublin would have St John's Ambulance there at least.

That ref looked completely out of his depth as well.

hummingofevil

I've just watched my first ever NBA playoff game in full and if that is what WWE is against they are utterly fucked. It was utterly brilliant. Real sports >> fake sports every time. My god. I have just jumped around my kitchen with joy and I literally know nothing about this sport.

My argument for loving the grappes was that you can guarantee drama where sport is a roulette. Not on this evidence. Wow.

sevendaughters

Both have immense capacity for drama and are both, at a commercial level, about making and marketing stars. Wrestling should have the advantage in that those stars needn't be held back by other people within the drama (other competitive athletes) and was historically so much better at sports as a spectacle.

Timothy

Good news! The dog feels much better (wasnt as it looked and the medication works, vet told us not to worry, that we could go on holiday and that everything is gonna be fine) so he is staying and mostly sleeping at my parents in law for two nights and we just landed in London. Knackered but were here.

Looking forward to RAW and SD. Especially SD. Matches confirmed are Corbin (boo) vs Richochet, Drew vs Braun (nice) and a Miz TV segment with Reigns and Kofi on the KO show on SD with a fatal four way between Ali, Orton, Finn and Almas. Cant wait to see the production side and how it all works with the taping. We were here last year but was ill so couldnt enjoy it properly.

Hope the shows are better then last week!

hummingofevil

Quote from: Timothy on May 13, 2019, 01:05:50 PM
Good news! The dog feels much better (wasnt as it looked and the medication works, vet told us not to worry, that we could go on holiday and that everything is gonna be fine) so he is staying and mostly sleeping at my parents in law for two nights and we just landed in London. Knackered but were here.

Looking forward to RAW and SD. Especially SD. Matches confirmed are Corbin (boo) vs Richochet, Drew vs Braun (nice) and a Miz TV segment with Reigns and Kofi on the KO show on SD with a fatal four way between Ali, Orton, Finn and Almas. Cant wait to see the production side and how it all works with the taping. We were here last year but was ill so couldnt enjoy it properly.

Hope the shows are better then last week!

Have fun Timothy. The WWE house shows I have been to have ranged from fun to awesome. You will have a great time.

(Reads back - oh you going to RAW - shite mate, it will all be shite - nah should be fun, enjoy).

Good stuff Timothy, glad the dog's on the mend.  Report back on anything weird!

sevendaughters

just watched Shingo Takagi v SHO, it was great.

Quote from: sevendaughters on May 13, 2019, 02:55:56 PM
just watched Shingo Takagi v SHO, it was great.

Yer not wrong! Career making performance by Sho, Shingo was incredible in this, this is one of the best matches of the year. Surprised nobody put a shoulder out of joint with those clotheslines!

peanutbutter

Taker vs Goldberg in Saudi Arabia

Have to say, part of me really hopes the Saudis can pull Shawn Michaels out again for a singles match, just to totally shit on his "I the one guy who stayed retired" claims.

Who's the oldest guy they're gonna bring back? Sting is surely gonna be at one of these events, right?
Could Flair still be cleared? Be a nice addition to his North Korea performance.