Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,182
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:39:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wrestling: The Baron Corbin Era

Started by Z, March 08, 2019, 01:10:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

up_the_hampipe

Can't believe they've had to crowbar AJ Styles into this PPV. Going into Mania in a nothing feud with Orton. Shame.

Also that Becky/Charlotte/Ronda stuff was bollocks. How are they fucking this up so badly?

ToneLa

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on March 11, 2019, 02:02:19 AM
Can't believe they've had to crowbar AJ Styles into this PPV. Going into Mania in a nothing feud with Orton. Shame.

I stand by them having a good match even if you don't (we don't need another debate aboot it as I'm outnumbered) but was surprised in the preshow they lampshaded AJ, saying literally "so AJ what happened, you were champion, now this?"

He better have a run around the corner again

QuoteAlso that Becky/Charlotte/Ronda stuff was bollocks. How are they fucking this up so badly?

My theory is when talent gets over Vince + writers get so antsy and insecure they pile in and ruin it

-

They're selling Dean leaving WAY too much

hummingofevil

They should have just had Ronda come out as soon as the match started and beat Becky down for DQ win. Would have been a continuation of last week and been short and sweet. That match with Becky on one leg as not good enough to excite me for a Mania main event.

ToneLa

Quote from: hummingofevil on March 11, 2019, 02:05:27 AM
They should have just had Ronda come out as soon as the match started and beat Becky down for DQ win. Would have been a continuation of last week and been short and sweet. That match with Becky on one leg as not good enough to excite me for a Mania main event.

As shitty as it meant for the match I do appreciate the vague build and interference as it cost Charlotte the win to build her involvement but yeah with some good booking that could have been done at the start?

It was a nothing match considering we all knew the outcome

Anyway, Drew coming out is the best part of the 3 Man Bland!

-

My marking mood is over but I am liking the Shield coming out like this

up_the_hampipe

ToneLa

I don't like how Drew is taking a lot of the punishment. They should build him as a hardcore killer.

Though he is by far the best worker on his shitty team so

Edit: a tag later and he's still Mr Workrate for The 3 Man Bland. Liking Ambrose!

Moribunderast

I ended up watching bits and bobs of this show as I left it on while doing housework (I love how I feel like I have to qualify why I was watching WWE - like it's a deeply shameful thing) and I'll say the Bryan match was great, especially in lieu of them being handicapped by the booking killing the crowd for the first half. The Becky/Charlotte finish though... woof. Do any of these sitcom writers or Vince understand that an antagonist needs agency and should be the source of their own triumph? Becky in this storyline now is just a ragdoll, having her future dictated first by Vince and now by Ronda. And how on Earth did they miss the easiest pop of the night by not having Becky proudly drop the crutch and reveal her knee was healed at the start of the match? Instead she just gets beaten up and is about to lose before Ronda SHOOTS and graciously allows her into the Mania Match.

ToneLa

Quote from: Moribunderast on March 11, 2019, 02:23:21 AM
I ended up watching bits and bobs of this show as I left it on while doing housework (I love how I feel like I have to qualify why I was watching WWE - like it's a deeply shameful thing) and I'll say the Bryan match was great, especially in lieu of them being handicapped by the booking killing the crowd for the first half. The Becky/Charlotte finish though... woof. Do any of these sitcom writers or Vince understand that an antagonist needs agency and should be the source of their own triumph? Becky in this storyline now is just a ragdoll, having her future dictated first by Vince and now by Ronda. And how on Earth did they miss the easiest pop of the night by not having Becky proudly drop the crutch and reveal her knee was healed at the start of the match? Instead she just gets beaten up and is about to lose before Ronda SHOOTS and graciously allows her into the Mania Match.

The sad thing is I think it's pretty obvious the direction overall has improved in the past few weeks

------

Shield selling is fucking dull

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: ToneLa on March 11, 2019, 02:18:56 AM
I don't like how Drew is taking a lot of the punishment. They should build him as a hardcore killer.

Though he is by far the best worker on his shitty team so

Edit: a tag later and he's still Mr Workrate for The 3 Man Bland. Liking Ambrose!

Don't discredit Lashley.

ToneLa

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on March 11, 2019, 02:28:25 AM
Don't discredit Lashley.

He's not Corbin bad - woah that would be a slur - but he's not Drew good

Plus I already explained a heavy Drew bias!

I really, really don't understand what they see and plan with Corbin.

Roman takes a corner post shoulder bump  - DRINK

up_the_hampipe

This is like a classic Shield match.

ToneLa

It ain't bad at all but it doesn't feel as "big" as a Shield match should

Roman to get the pin in about ooh four minutes

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: ToneLa on March 11, 2019, 02:35:13 AM
It ain't bad at all but it doesn't feel as "big" as a Shield match should

Feels like a bonafide main event to me.

ToneLa

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on March 11, 2019, 02:38:24 AM
Feels like a bonafide main event to me.

I am enjoying it!

Was four minutes since I called the finish as four minutes. Haha. Nah, I did like it. Drew and Lashley worked hard and Corbin is absolutely best at getting beaten up.

Shield were chaotic and I did enjoy the table Shield bomb and the classic outside the ring moments

I don't know about main event but suspect that's because I want stakes in a main event

Woaaah I watched the whole ting!

Z

Jesus guys, six pages of posts for fast lane?!

Was it really really good or really really bad?

hummingofevil

It was fine. Some good matches, especially after half-way point but also some swervy booking that may or may not be worth it for Mania pay off.

Ja'moke

Quote from: Z on March 11, 2019, 07:01:23 AM
Jesus guys, six pages of posts for fast lane?!

Was it really really good or really really bad?

I thought it was really fun. Weirdly entertaining I would describe it as.

boki

Quote from: Deanjam on March 10, 2019, 11:29:12 PM
MizDad has no idea what's going on.

He has the look of a man who never got over his band not making it.

Miz McQueen, if you will.

hummingofevil

Can someone who knows more than me explain this:

https://twitter.com/RealRepass/status/1104893194851045376

Is it Asuka being the best wrestler ever making something look totally brutal but laying the soft part of her foot on Mandy's face or has she just kicked concussion into her?

ToneLa

Asuka slows it down just before impact, but woah, there is impact!

In terms of head damage it seems more akin to a fucking good slap than, say, your average Benoit match

mikeyg27

That main event was The Shield's Greatest Hits. Can't complain, really - despite the silly reunion tours they've had over the last couple of years, they really do have an uncanny inability to have a bad match. Their reactions at the end really did make it feel like Ambrose is definitely leaving.

Based on the Heat Heading Into Wrestlemania metric the WWE Championship match should be the main event (I know it won't be, though). Funny how these things pan out.

Talking of crap wrestledads, it's been 16 years since the tragic death of Al Wilson, Torrie's dad, shagged to the grave by Dawn Marie.

As Torrie Wilson is being inducted to the hall of fame this year, I hope to see a fitting tribute to the man who suddenly appeared and meekly stood around in near silence for a couple of months.

ToneLa

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on March 11, 2019, 03:13:21 PM
Talking of crap wrestledads, it's been 16 years since the tragic death of Al Wilson, Torrie's dad, shagged to the grave by Dawn Marie.

As Torrie Wilson is being inducted to the hall of fame this year, I hope to see a fitting tribute to the man who suddenly appeared and meekly stood around in near silence for a couple of months.

A hero's death!

up_the_hampipe

So tonight they're opening Raw with a "Shield farewell address". Hmmm... very suspicious.

ToneLa

Mobius

Last night should've been their goodbye. Surely they'll start to build Seth/Brock today.

hummingofevil

Did she just imply that she refers to her vagina as a "scoop". That's fucking gross. One for the local slang thread.

This is brilliant. Trying to troll audience who genuinely cheer for the idea. Graves needs fucking garrotting though

Deanjam

Quote from: hummingofevil on March 12, 2019, 01:29:51 AM
This is brilliant. Trying to troll audience who genuinely cheer for the idea. Graves needs fucking garrotting though

WWE remain bafflingly tone deaf to how the audience will respond 99% of the time.

hummingofevil

"Jennifer Lopez"

You got to give it to them. Their trolling is reaching new and ever more subtle heights. How to do a heel promo in plain sight. Zelina is amazing.