Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,467
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:01:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wrestling: The Baron Corbin Era

Started by Z, March 08, 2019, 01:10:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ja'moke

I'd be up for Bryan in NXT for a bit. Bryan vs. Riddle? Yes, please.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Ja'moke on July 16, 2019, 10:49:10 PM

Bryan is like the best in the world. He doesn't belong anywhere other than the top. Riddle can wrestle him when he gets to the main roster.

Deanjam

Quote from: Ja'moke on July 16, 2019, 10:49:10 PM

I'd be cool with that. Could set a precedent for certain talents taking an excursion down there when they're not needed for a main roster program, having some great matches and helping out some of the younger talent. They'd have a lighter schedule for a while and then could return to the main roster later with a fresh feel to them.

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on July 16, 2019, 11:02:06 PM
Bryan is like the best in the world. He doesn't belong anywhere other than the top. Riddle can wrestle him when he gets to the main roster.

If WWE aren't using him in top programmes and he's not happy about it then this would be a good use of his time until they're ready for him. I mean, he's been teaming with the vintner.

Ja'moke

Yeah, Bryan isn't exactly at the top at the minute, he's in Smackdown's weak-arsed tag division. If a limited NXT run means we get to see some cracking singles matches out of him, I'm all for it.

Deanjam

Shane somehow managed to botch a stunner. Marvellous.

Mobius

Quote from: Deanjam on July 17, 2019, 01:15:49 AM
Shane somehow managed to botch a stunner. Marvellous.

Haha that was so bad.

What did New Day call Elias that was beeped out?

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Ja'moke on July 16, 2019, 11:28:53 PM
Yeah, Bryan isn't exactly at the top at the minute, he's in Smackdown's weak-arsed tag division.

Well, he shouldn't be in the tag division either, but NXT ain't the answer. He deserves much much more.

And yikes at that Stunner botch!

Deanjam

Quote from: Mobius on July 17, 2019, 01:18:08 AM
What did New Day call Elias that was beeped out?

Jackass I think. Nothing exciting.

Ja'moke

According to Meltzer, Bischoff has nothing to do with tonight's show. Not at the arena and wasn't at any of the creative meetings.

Mobius

Ja'moke

Bayley v Ember at Summerfest could be a fantastic match.

Deanjam

Yeah, Ember's been underused too much. Hope she wins.

Deanjam

I don't wanna see Kofi v Orton at Summerslam please.

Deanjam

Deliberate countout. A shite finish for a shite team.

Ja'moke

So Bryan's announcement was just click bait.

Deanjam

Quote from: Ja'moke on July 17, 2019, 02:50:08 AM
So Bryan's announcement was just click bait.

Looks like it. Very lame.

Swoz_MK

The Liv Morgan stuff from Smackdown is (mildly) interesting.
I hope its not a change of character but a series of matches with Charlotte where Liv keeps getting closer and closer to a win but never quite doing it, then a win at a PPV. That could be pretty great. Could.

up_the_hampipe

Timothy

Just watched the Wyatt debut. That was ace. Really well done. Looking forward to his matches.

Ja'moke

Liv has really improved since NXT, hopefully she gets to show it more. Her selling, in particular, is really good.

I guess she's about to get repackaged after the whole "when I come back I'll be real" talk. Intrigued.

Moribunderast

All Elite Wrestling's YouTube channel has the first episode of Road To All Out up. Really good stuff - I hope their TV show keeps the same tone as these Road To... videos because they're uniformly excellent. This one has a good promo from Hangman Page as well as a very good sit-down interview with Shawn Spears (Tye Dillinger). As someone who never really saw anything in Spears aside from a fun gimmick, it's a bit weird to see him carrying himself with quite a bit of charisma. There's also a bit of a surprise at the end which could lead to some fun.

With G1 on it's hard to care about any other wrestling but I think ALL OUT is going to get AEW back into a good swing of momentum heading into their TV show. Certainly hope it does.

Fave G1 matches so far: Ospreay/Sanada, White/Ishii, Ishii/Cobb, Sanada/ZSJ and KENTA/Tanahashi. Another three shows coming up in the next few nights. So hard to keep up but thus far I have. Though I bet I'll soon be skipping matches involving guys like Fale and Taichi. I'll never skip a Yano match, however. Never.

kitsofan34

I've never watched the Yano matches on the G1 before but am really enjoying them. A great change of pace.

Is it just me or was anyone else really annoyed at Ospreay flipping out of the Paradise Lock? That hold has been sold as essentially impossible to reverse, so him jumping out of it at the bery start of the match really seemed like a man going into business for himself

Anyway, Ishii/White match of the tournament so far. Long live that sexy Knife Pervert

Kevin Kelly covered for Ospreay escaping the paradise lock though, saying Sanada didn't apply it properly.  It's things like that which makes him the best announcer going today.

Agree that Ishii/White's the match of the G1 so far - amazing match.

hummingofevil

Yes I spotted that too. I also thought the same when Ishii started head butting the forearms. At first I was actually pissed off but the commentary explaining it was a way of reducing the momentum of the strikes was an acceptable (if almost certainly wrong) explanation. Attention to detail.

up_the_hampipe

CM Punk is appearing at Starrcast for a special interview. Ooooh!

Also, Shawn Michaels is guest commentating on Smackdown this week. I wonder if he's looking to shift into that role. His voice is very gravelly and he can barely get a sentence out without 7 y'know's, but let's see how it goes.

I've just watched Ospreay/Ibushi from this morning's G1. By fucking FAR the best match of the G1, maybe top three this year. Drama, moves, psychology, it's got the fucking lot, it's ***** easily, what a fucking treat. Amazing.

hummingofevil

Yes. I have to admit that Osprey doesn't grab me viscerally like Ishii (my mate who is not a wrestling fan loved Ishii Cobb of the dozen or so matches we watched tonight) but if you can buy into Osprey's style (which I do with some reservations) he is the fucking best. That match was incredible. Also, another shout out the commentary. I really liked Rocky and Kevin last year and its proving not a fluke. Probably my fav commentary duo going (was it me or was there a bt more Chris Charlton too tonight?)

Mobius

Little Chris Charlton has grown in confidence after being dropped from commentary by NPJW's moneymen and very quickly reinstated due to fan outrage. I really like him. He's exactly what you'd expect an expert on NJPW to be. A small bespectacled nerdlinger. He's living the dream.

I had an early night last night so I'll have to catch Ospreay/Ibushi after work today. Ishii/White is still my favourite match of the G1 so far so I'm keen to see if this can top it!

Ishii Vs Moxley should be a hard hitting affair.

hummingofevil

So he has been reinstated then officially? Good.

Deanjam

Ishii vs. Moxley was a great hard-hitting brawl on day 6. Well worth checking out.