Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:25:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wrestling: The Baron Corbin Era

Started by Z, March 08, 2019, 01:10:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sevendaughters

in case you're wondering whether to watch Ishii v Moxley

hummingofevil

Awesomely photo. Where you find it?

Im at Supersonic in Brum right now and having a lovely time but have decided to extend my holiday and go Sendai Girls in Manchester next Saturday. Anyone else who fancies going giz shout and we'll hang out. Card looks very good.

sevendaughters

just was on the #G129 hashtag and it was there from a Japanese fan at the show.

sevendaughters

Ospreay v Okada was real good from today. The rest all worth watching for one reason or another, from novel finishes to electric heat to great chemistry.

sevendaughters

Meltzer saying WWE have had meetings with Fox to put NXT head to head with AEW

Deanjam

On FS1. Will be interesting to see if Vince starts to interfere with it if it happens.

mikeyg27

Quote from: sevendaughters on July 20, 2019, 01:42:49 PM
Ospreay v Okada was real good from today. The rest all worth watching for one reason or another, from novel finishes to electric heat to great chemistry.

I'm not sure if Okada-Ospreay was my favourite match of the year, but I think the home straight portion of the match was my favourite wrestling sequence of the year. It's actually kind of incredible how well their moves complimented and yin-yanged with each other.

weekender

So, Progress Chapter 92 was alright.

I thoroughly enjoyed the main event though, featuring Walter vs Ilja Dragunov.

There weren't any hardcore moments.  There wasn't any blood.  No tables, ladders, or chairs were involved.

What did happen though, was that a story was told via the commentary, the crowd got on board with it, and they both put on a match that had me engaged all of the way through. 

Recommended.

sevendaughters

that sounds good. the best Walter match I ever saw was on a shoot-style show where he just kept it simple and in-ring. around the ring stuff generally pulls me out of things, though i guess across a show you need some variety and not everyone can wrestle traditionally well. Dragunov is quality too.

Ja'moke

I've been enjoying Orton and Ospreay's friendly back-and-forth on Twitter today. Orton in pure "no fucks given" mode.

Quote@RandyOrton: Realistically speaking there's nothing that you could 'plan' that makes you 'smile every single minute of every single day'. But WWE IS all about putting smiles on faces.  😊#ospreayvsorton  06/2020

Quote@WillOspreay: Realistically nah maybe you got me there 😂 I'm happy tho

Hope you are happy where you are. But unfortunately my friend I'm here for the long run.

I mean you're like a multi time champ, could you just leave for a bit come here for #OspreayVsOrton then go back...just saying 😉

Quote@RandyOrton: Sounds like $ to me. I'll ask Tuesday at #SmackdownLive since I'm not on the #RAWReunion #raw #wwe #wtf

Mobius

Raw Reunion show tonight. I'm sure this nostalgia trip will lead to a long term sustained ratings bump and move some storylines along!

At least Stone Cold is there

hummingofevil

Quote from: Mobius on July 22, 2019, 11:29:20 PM
Raw Reunion show tonight. I'm sure this nostalgia trip will lead to a long term sustained ratings bump and move some storylines along!

At least Stone Cold is there

I have no reason not to watch it but I really can't be arsed. I hate all reunion shit and old-timers putting themselves over is one of the main reasons WWE is in the shit it is in at the moment as it is.

Deanjam

Not surprisingly Mick Foley was the only old guy to actually put someone full time over.

Deanjam

Josh Barnett vs John Moxley is happening. They done another nice video.

https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1153474901673750529

up_the_hampipe

Stone Cold was drunk as fuck on Raw last night. It was amazing.

hummingofevil

Quote from: Deanjam on July 23, 2019, 06:05:36 AM
Josh Barnett vs John Moxley is happening. They done another nice video.

https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1153474901673750529

Was definitely buying this anyway but that is nice. Barnett Suzuki was one of my fav matches of year so far as Bloodsports as a show was ace.

Ja'moke

That Raw reunion show just summed up everything wrong with current WWE and why things won't be getting better any time soon. It treats the roster like geeks. As Deanjam said, only Foley put over a current star.

Raw 25 was bad enough, but at least you could kind of excuse that, with it being a 25-years celebration. But there was no reason to have a Raw reunion last night. It's just because it's sweeps week in America and WWE needed to pop a rating, and it's done such a poor job of establishing new stars or writing compelling stories, that, once again, it has to wheel out the washed-up Attitude Era guys and girls.

Dannyhood91

I've watched the stone cold promo from RAW reunion. How much charisma can one man have?
Apart from the promo I don't think I'll watch anything else from this reunion show 

sevendaughters

Deanjam

Sense of humour failure of the day.

Deanjam

And speaking of Rollins, this made me laugh.

Ja'moke

The latest Road to All In is so good, especially the Moxley interview. Talking about "the legend of Kenny Omega" and that's why he's having all these matches in Japan, to learn the tricks that Omega knows.

hummingofevil

Sendai Girls has released more tickets so looks like it's selling well. Might be being super optimistic but I think it has the potential to be the hidden gem card of the year in UK and Satomura Storm could be an absolute belter. Fingers crossed eh?

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Deanjam on July 23, 2019, 07:52:35 PM
And speaking of Rollins, this made me laugh.

Really sums up what's wrong with the current crop of "superstars". Total geeks, and you can only blame the booking for so long.

sevendaughters

yes and no. the booker should have had a current star fucking NAIL one of those old cunts.

Ja'moke

Smackdown was decent. I'm glad that Wyatt is still turning up in Mr. Rogers form as well as the Fiend. Kofi and Orton segment was good too.

Also, Charlotte vs. Trish at Summerfest? Is that what they were hinting at?

boki

Seth Rollins vs Ashley Cole: who awk-ed it better?

hummingofevil

Unless I've got it wrong AEW are running a 20,000 seat arena for first tv show on 2nd October. That is a big gamble if they only get a few thousand in. Could end up looking very silly. I would be running 2-4000 seat rooms (ideally interesting looking venues not the same old arenas) and selling out every time.

sevendaughters

can't see that being a regular gamble, but for "FIRST AEW TV" they will get close

Timothy

Quote from: hummingofevil on July 24, 2019, 05:17:30 PM
Unless I've got it wrong AEW are running a 20,000 seat arena for first tv show on 2nd October. That is a big gamble if they only get a few thousand in. Could end up looking very silly. I would be running 2-4000 seat rooms (ideally interesting looking venues not the same old arenas) and selling out every time.

20.000?! That's a massive gamble.

How long is their tv show gonna be?