Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:55:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wrestling: The Baron Corbin Era

Started by Z, March 08, 2019, 01:10:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ja'moke

I assume they can adjust 20,000 seat arena for a smaller crowd, so as not to make it look empty. But who knows, they keep surpassing expectations, maybe they'll sell it out.

Quote from: Timothy on July 24, 2019, 05:33:16 PM
20.000?! That's a massive gamble.

How long is their tv show gonna be?

8-10pm live every Wednesday.

Deanjam

The demand for their All Out show far exceeded 20,000, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them fill it. I'm sure they'll do at least 15,000. I'm sure there's enough people who want to be a part of the first TV show. What size venues they run in the following weeks will be interesting, they should be much smaller until they've got their weekly market secured.

OBVIOUSLY they'll sell it out, like, immediately. Can't even believe it's even up for debate.

BeardFaceMan

What kind of arenas do they do Raw and Smackdown in now, what's their live attendance like?

hummingofevil

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on July 25, 2019, 01:23:36 AM
What kind of arenas do they do Raw and Smackdown in now, what's their live attendance like?

I think 12,000 or so is quite normal for RAW but Smackdown can drop as low as 4,000. Take into account it's a wrestling set up so maybe AEW running in room that takes 15,000. It's North East, new market and buzz of a new show but I'm still not entirely convinced. For me, these AEW shows have taken away a bit of the buzz, but that said, if All Out is ace they should just book 3-5000 rooms for next 6 months, release all tickets the next day and sell out the whole thing. I just don't want them to run in dead venues. NJPW Dallas was ace and crowd were ace but imagine how much better it would have been if those 4500 fans were in a 5000 capacity venue.

Speaking of which, almost upto date with G1. Ishii Mox was magnificent, Ibushi sanada great, Osprey Okada at least a five star match but I have to confess the only match I've watched twice was Yano Jay White. Greatest 3 star match ever. Yano is a genius.

sevendaughters

in the way that WWE have a structure that allows them to boost ratings regardless of what is happening (some made-up event, a returning star, giveaway title match, post-PPV, go-home) I think AEW have a few aces up their sleeve that will retain interest.

they say they're running 1 x arena per week so they will have booked out a lot already, so I think the kinds of rooms they have when the ticket news comes out will be more indicative.

Timothy

AEW's first shoot for TV Guide. Seems more like they're promoting a new soap opera.

sevendaughters

glad they obscured the fact that Nick was wearing a disgusting pair of trainers.

Deanjam

Shame that photo is missing arguably their two most recognisable faces. But what can you do.

Ja'moke

Quote from: Timothy on July 25, 2019, 01:48:35 PM
AEW's first shoot for TV Guide. Seems more like they're promoting a new soap opera.

They are.

sevendaughters

They will run weekly on TNT with the exception of a preemption on 12/25.

They will be running different sized arenas depending on demand with buildings for the most part set up to hold 6,000 to 11,000 and occasional unique location shows. The shows will start at 7:30 p.m. Eastern to have a warm-up match prior to the television show beginning.

Deanjam

Another Uso DUI. Guess they could bring Cena back next week to make more jokes about it.

up_the_hampipe

Sir, why do that this week?! Ridiculous behaviour.

Timothy

And dumb behavior in general obviously.

hummingofevil

Vince pays Austin no doubt $10,000s of dollars for RAW to get over precisely no one but he seemingly willing to make MJF look like the biggest star in wrestling for a podcast appearance. Brilliant.

https://twitter.com/fightfulwrestle/status/1154500042927071235?s=21

up_the_hampipe

Got the updated WWE Network interface today. None of the videos will load for me, so great fucking job on that. Unless it's just me, anyone else having that problem?

Deanjam

It's working on my laptop. What device you watching it on?

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Deanjam on July 26, 2019, 11:06:15 PM
It's working on my laptop. What device you watching it on?

Laptop. Are you on Chrome?

Ja'moke

It's working for me fine on desktop (Firefox), but the quality has decreased on Amazon Firestick. Doesn't seem to be HD anymore.

Deanjam

Quote from: Ja'moke on July 26, 2019, 11:18:26 PM
It's working for me fine on desktop (Firefox), but the quality has decreased on Amazon Firestick. Doesn't seem to be HD anymore.

The only negative I can see so far is the bookmarks for the matches on the full shows have disappeared.

up_the_hampipe

Hmm, seems like Chrome might be the issue. Works on other browsers.

up_the_hampipe

Turns out it was an issue with UBlock Origin. We're all good, guys. Rest easy.

hummingofevil

Interval at Sendai Girls. Really fun show. Must be 400+ here and it's a proper lush atmosphere. Viper won the 4 way, Session Moth is way more fun in person and Dash just beat Kay Lee Ray in a decent no DQ match with as good a table spots you will see.

Girlfriend enjoying it. Glad I came.

hummingofevil

Quote from: Deanjam on July 27, 2019, 07:28:19 PM
Disgusting.

Ha ha. Irish Valkyrie is one to watch. Chris Brooks was her surprise opponent in cracking match. Tag was fine and Yuu over as fuck. Satomura Toni Storm to come.

hummingofevil

Main event was a proper wrestling match with Storm retaining. What a fun night.

hummingofevil

In more fun MJF news the "60 min promo" Jericho podcast is very good. Jericho just about manages to keep up with him but only just. The big where Jericho asks him how he knows about Nick Bockwinkel you can almost here his cogs turning for an answer that doesn't make him sound like a nerd. "I had access to YouTube from a very young age" is just so subtlety in keeping with his gimmick. Love him.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: hummingofevil on July 28, 2019, 01:50:08 PM
In more fun MJF news the "60 min promo" Jericho podcast is very good. Jericho just about manages to keep up with him but only just. The big where Jericho asks him how he knows about Nick Bockwinkel you can almost here his cogs turning for an answer that doesn't make him sound like a nerd. "I had access to YouTube from a very young age" is just so subtlety in keeping with his gimmick. Love him.

Didn't know about this. Will listen now. Thanks.