Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,549,374
  • Total Topics: 106,172
  • Online Today: 659
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 05:34:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wrestling: The Baron Corbin Era

Started by Z, March 08, 2019, 01:10:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boki

Gonna have to start watching NJPW, in't I?  How's the user interface for their English site these days?

Dunno about other people, but I find NJPWWORLD dead easy to use. It uses Google Translate, which is good enough. If you select All Videos from the Options menu, everything's in date descending order so it's easy to keep up, you just need time to watch!

Cool new NJPWWORLD feature: every IWGP title match ever, with footage where available: https://njpwworld.com/feature/champions-iwgp#

sevendaughters

Quote from: hummingofevil on August 08, 2019, 08:52:18 PM
Shingo Ishii is incredible.  I can see how the wrestling review world will rate the Naito match higher but it's exactly what I want from a wrestling match: 5 stars and 9 bags of popcorn

yeah. a great war. I hope they don't put too low a ceiling on Shingo.

Quote from: sevendaughters on August 09, 2019, 01:28:59 PM
yeah. a great war. I hope they don't put too low a ceiling on Shingo.

Will echo the praise for that match. Hopefully he'll step up to heavyweight. The Conjunctivitis Dragon's surely over the weight limit already isn't he? Hopefully considering the result of Ishii/Shingo, we'll get a rematch at the London show.

hummingofevil

Busy day.

Just asked and the Monkey Barrel 345 is going to be a crazy golf.

Luke Rollason - loves last year's show and loved this. He is such a likeable performer. It get a bit messy about 2/3rds way in but overall it is great silly fun.

Amy Matthews - 30min stand up. Not really for me I'm afraid.

Ben Target - overall i liked it but it the vibe is so laid back I can see how some people could get very bored. Almost zen-like at time and I assume his claim there is a free structure to the show is accurate. I enjoyed the 50 mins but would recommend it with big caveats.

Sean Morley - this is excellent. Sean's calm manner always shines through but in bits this can be as manic and anarchic as anything else the fringe has to offer. Really loved it.

Privates - Luke Rollason's other show is about sperms. It is very high energy, very silly and lots of big laughs throughout from packed room. Highlights as with his other stuff is when the physical stuff really gets a chance to shine through. All his stuff is a must see for me. Lucy Pearman vibes is probably closest comparison but even then it is really quite different in style.

sevendaughters

hang on is that Val Venis Sean Morley? was this meant to be in wrestling?

Deanjam

Quote from: hummingofevil on August 09, 2019, 07:19:32 PM
Busy day.

Just asked and the Monkey Barrel 345 is going to be a crazy golf.

Luke Rollason - loves last year's show and loved this. He is such a likeable performer. It get a bit messy about 2/3rds way in but overall it is great silly fun.

Amy Matthews - 30min stand up. Not really for me I'm afraid.

Ben Target - overall i liked it but it the vibe is so laid back I can see how some people could get very bored. Almost zen-like at time and I assume his claim there is a free structure to the show is accurate. I enjoyed the 50 mins but would recommend it with big caveats.

Sean Morley - this is excellent. Sean's calm manner always shines through but in bits this can be as manic and anarchic as anything else the fringe has to offer. Really loved it.

Privates - Luke Rollason's other show is about sperms. It is very high energy, very silly and lots of big laughs throughout from packed room. Highlights as with his other stuff is when the physical stuff really gets a chance to shine through. All his stuff is a must see for me. Lucy Pearman vibes is probably closest comparison but even then it is really quite different in style.

sevendaughters

Meltzer went 5 stars for Sanada-Okada, Shingo-Naito, and 5.5 for Shingo-Ishii.

hummingofevil

Quote from: sevendaughters on August 09, 2019, 09:07:37 PM
Meltzer went 5 stars for Sanada-Okada, Shingo-Naito, and 5.5 for Shingo-Ishii.

Which is correct. :)

sevendaughters

super A block final day. Archer had a really good showing against EVIL. Sanada v Fale was a strange one, but a good match. Sabre-Kenta was a good match up of the ex-NOAH technical guys, striking v submission, very satisfying. Top two matches were approaching greatness and I can't say that one of Tanahashi-Ospreay and Ibushi-Okada was definitively better. Both world class.

up_the_hampipe

Third fall for tonight's NXT main event is going to be a barbed wire hardcore steel cage.

Mobius

I haven't watched NXT in like a month but I'm sure this will be a solid show as always.

Anyone else find Mia Yim not very good? Can't get into her matches or character at all

up_the_hampipe

The Street Profits are quite great.

up_the_hampipe

Io Sharai's heel theme is awesome.

Ja'moke

Io v Candice best NXT women's match in ages.

up_the_hampipe

What a strangely paced brawl this is.

up_the_hampipe

Velveteen Dream's entrances are always fantastic and he exudes more star power than anyone right now.

Ja'moke

These guys kick out of everything.

sevendaughters

watched a couple of matches from NXT. main event bored me and I switched it off midway through fall 2, but Io-LeRae was super.

B Block final night from G1 was really good and has rattled a LOT of people. No one will be surprised to hear that Ishii and Shingo had great matches against their respective opponents.

peanutbutter

Possibly being overly optimistic thinking we'll go over 100 pages with Summerslam tonight, but I've made a new thread https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=74611