Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 05:26:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wrestling: The Baron Corbin Era

Started by Z, March 08, 2019, 01:10:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Ja'moke on March 08, 2019, 01:34:51 PM
Ali got a great match out of him on SD a few weeks back.

True, but that couldn't be guaranteed. That Viper always up to his old tricks. Bah gawd he's phoning it in!

ToneLa

Quote from: Ja'moke on March 08, 2019, 01:37:59 PM
Remember Triple H v Sting when DX and NWO got involved.

Aka the Further Death of WCW

up_the_hampipe

Sting avoided WWE for so many years because he didn't trust how he would be used. 14 years after the Monday Night Wars ended and he was still right.

F-F-F-f Fourteen, Nobody recieved a Heros welcome.

hummingofevil

I think it so I'm going to say it. What you guys think about Orton I think about AJ (aka my second favourite wrestler called AJ). I can appreciate he is objectively great at what he does and it's probabky more booking than ring work but I don't like him, his hair, his stupid gloves, his music, his trousers or his finishing move. It's how I think Timothy feels about Becky.

I trust you've all seen Randy twerking.
https://twitter.com/wrestlingsheet/status/1101923719725735936?s=21

ToneLa

Quote from: hummingofevil on March 08, 2019, 03:57:21 PM
I think it so I'm going to say it. What you guys think about Orton I think about AJ (aka my second favourite wrestler called AJ). I can appreciate he is objectively great at what he does and it's probabky more booking than ring work but I don't like him, his hair, his stupid gloves, his music, his trousers or his finishing move. It's how I think Timothy feels about Becky.

Deanjam

Quote from: hummingofevil on March 08, 2019, 03:57:21 PM

hummingofevil

It's fine guys. You can have him. I wouldnt dare cheat on my Danielson.

hummingofevil

Anyway. Who's coming to London for NJPW? I'm fucking going and it's going to be fucking awesome. The capacity is 7500. They had about 5000 combined for last year's sold out UK shows but they bring Okada, Tana AND Naito so hoping it will sell well.

Deanjam

Quote from: hummingofevil on March 08, 2019, 04:43:51 PM
It's fine guys. You can have him. I wouldnt dare cheat on my Danielson.

Overall, Bryan is better than AJ. No doubt.

Ja'moke

I think we all agree the recent Ronda "wrestling is fake" shit is stupid, but it's getting WWE headlines. It's on all the entertainment news and gossip websites today. Whether that translates into TV ratings remains to be seen.

Also, there are six WWE wrestlers in Twitter's top searched sportswomen:

1. Serena Williams
2. Becky Lynch
3. Naomi Osaka
4. Ronda Rousey
5. Charlotte Flair
6. Sasha Banks
7. Alexa Bliss
8. Simone Biles
9. Yuna Kim
10. Nia Jax

Z

I would guess the Ronda stuff is targeted toward things like the audience for Ellen or the View, with the main goal being to soften them towards the idea of watching wrestling.

So long as they mostly keep it to twitter I think they can get away with it and I think there's a decent chance of it working okay for them tbh.

Mobius

New Japan Cup day 3 starts in 2.5 hours. Some really good matches on the card like Zack Sabre Jr Vs EVIL and Tetsuya Naito Vs Kota Ibushi.

Ja'moke

Tonight's Fastlane card looks so predictable that I'm worried they're going to end up doing some swerves just for the sake of it - like Mandy beating Asuka or something.

petril

can't think of tonight's PPV without thinking about nuclear submarines really

ToneLa

Quote from: petrilTanaka on March 10, 2019, 06:56:36 PM
can't think of tonight's PPV

How to.. get ... excited

Maybe Luke Harper will interfere, my favourite current Bruiser Brody ripoff

ToneLa

Kickoff in 40 minutes innit lads?

Christ. There is no fucking way I'm staying up for Fast Lane. Too bleak for me

Ja'moke

Andrade v Rey has been changed to a fatal four way for the US title with Joe and Truth. Seems to be on the main card now.

I actually think match quality wise this should be a good PPV. But it just seems like an unnecessary stopgap.

Kickoff is on now by the way because clocks went forward in America. PPV starts at 11pm.

ToneLa

Stupid daylight savings. I have it on now!

I've only got 1.5 cans of Export left but that fatal four way actually sounds like one of the better matches on the card

Downside: something shite will be on the pre-show

Further Downside: This really is a fucking pointless PPV

Ja'moke

Quote from: ToneLa on March 10, 2019, 10:32:11 PM
Stupid daylight savings. I have it on now!

I've only got 1.5 cans of Export left but that fatal four way actually sounds like one of the better matches on the card

Downside: something shite will be on the pre-show

New Day v Rusev & Nakamura on pre-show.

ToneLa

Quote from: Ja'moke on March 10, 2019, 10:32:42 PM
New Day v Rusev & Nakamura on pre-show.

That's worth a can of Export.

... Oh god, I'm one of the WWE Universe

Moribunderast

I have the day off work and so could watch Fastlane live, yet there's not a single match I want to see. Might catch up on the New Japan Cup. I'm very excited to see Tanahashi vs. Umino. I reckon Umino will be unreal in a year or two.

hummingofevil

I've got it on despite not caring about pretty much all of it. Lost interest now I know it is all fake.

Mobius

Quote from: Moribunderast on March 10, 2019, 10:34:45 PM
I'm very excited to see Tanahashi vs. Umino. I reckon Umino will be unreal in a year or two.

It was really good yeah, Umino has so much potential.

Naito Vs Ibushi was, unsurprisingly, excellent

ToneLa

Quote from: hummingofevil on March 10, 2019, 10:37:41 PM
I've got it on despite not caring about pretty much all of it. Lost interest now I know it is all fake.

Rousey has a lot to answer for

... Out walks Nakamura! Another ruined Superstar

Deanjam

Quote from: Ja'moke on March 10, 2019, 10:30:17 PM
Kickoff is on now by the way because clocks went forward in America. PPV starts at 11pm.

Bloody farmers!

Actually, this is a good thing.

ToneLa

Adverts for Fast Lane during the preshow for Fast Lane

Deanjam

Quote from: ToneLa on March 10, 2019, 10:44:21 PM
Adverts for Fast Lane during the preshow for Fast Lane

Yeah, I've been puzzled by this before; but it's for people watching on Youtube and Facebook etc.

WWE should of booked the forming of Rusev and Nakkers liek they did The Bar, best of 7 series with them beating the shit out of each other then earning each others respect, then bboked strong and win the tag titles.

Deanjam

Shane sweating like a pig already.