Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:48:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wrestling: The Baron Corbin Era

Started by Z, March 08, 2019, 01:10:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeyg27

If you think there's going to  be smoke & mirrors in Triple H  - Batista you'd better fucking believe there's going to be some in Shane - Miz, probably Shane jumping through some smoke and into a mirror.

ToneLa

Quote from: mikeyg27 on March 15, 2019, 08:03:13 PM
If you think there's going to  be smoke & mirrors in Triple H  - Batista you'd better fucking believe there's going to be some in Shane - Miz, probably Shane jumping through some smoke and into a mirror.

I just hope those rumours about making Shane / Miz a 60 minute submission iron man aren't true

And their dads fight!

Ja'moke

MizDad to slap one of Shane's kids who are all sitting at ringside.

ToneLa

Quote from: Ja'moke on March 15, 2019, 08:13:17 PM
MizDad to slap one of Shane's kids who are all sitting at ringside.

Shane's dad returns the favour

Ja'moke

They need to use that in a promo package.

ToneLa

And they should've!

We could have had Styles/Michaels

Suppose we still could but fuck that. WE'VE ACTUALLY SEEN A SHAWN MICHAELS MATCH GET THE WORST MATCH AWARD IN THE OBSERVER

Custard

Never been a massive Shield fan, but I found myself really enjoying the Fastlane main event there. A decent old school brawl, with some nice spots, and a sense of urgency. You can tell it's Mania season

And thank gawd Corbin shaved his head. He had less hair than a dropped lollipop, last time I looked

Ja'moke

QuoteA few weeks ago, it was reported that Dana Warrior had joined WWE's creative team on a part-time basis. If things went well for the lady who has served in an ambassadorial role for WWE since her husband, The Ultimate Warrior, passed away, she was said to be in line for a full-time role.

Well, according to PWInsider, things must have gone well for Dana as it is being reported that she joined the creative team on a full-time basis during the last week or two.

Not only that, but PWInsider also report that it was Dana herself who pitched the idea to get her on the creative team as she claimed to have been writing her entire life.

https://cultaholic.com/news/dana-warrior-reportedly-joins-wwe-creative-team-on-full-time-basis/

PWInsider also reporting that AJ Styles has renewed his contract.

Hell will freeze over before Vince lets any of the former Bullet Clubbers slip away to work for AEW.

Deanjam

Quote from: Ja'moke on March 18, 2019, 04:13:41 PM
PWInsider also reporting that AJ Styles has renewed his contract.

Hopefully he moves to Raw after Mania, maybe finally get that Seth/AJ one-on-one match. Nothing remaining for him on Smackdown.

hummingofevil

NJ Cup been pretty great so far. Not watched everything but ZSJ Ibushi was pretty awesome and it's ticking over nicely as the big guns progress. And of course if you haven't seen it Colt/Yano is a must see for fans of the long term, psychologically dense, flippy-shit, work rate that NJPW has built its reputation around.

Looks like thy've fucked yo their US expansion mind. Sad to see but could see it coming as even before the visa problems there is a perception they've messed the US crowd around with too many ROH guys on Cow Palace show, MSG sell out on back of the Elite and those visa-issue January shows. Shame.

Ja'moke

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on March 18, 2019, 04:38:35 PM
Hell will freeze over before Vince lets any of the former Bullet Clubbers slip away to work for AEW.

Well, Gallows & Anderson are on their way out.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Deanjam on March 18, 2019, 04:42:48 PM
Hopefully he moves to Raw after Mania, maybe finally get that Seth/AJ one-on-one match. Nothing remaining for him on Smackdown.

Presumably this year's "shake up" will see a lot of big stars going to Smackdown as they prepare for the move to FOX. AJ might benefit from being there. He should have gone to Raw in 2018 instead.

Deanjam

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on March 18, 2019, 05:57:41 PM
Presumably this year's "shake up" will see a lot of big stars going to Smackdown as they prepare for the move to FOX. AJ might benefit from being there. He should have gone to Raw in 2018 instead.

I have the feeling that once the Fox show starts and they need all hands on deck, the draft is gonnna fade away.

Deanjam

Ja'moke

Enticed him to re-sign by offering him a new puppy. Hard to turn that down.

hummingofevil

Trying to delay watching Raw so just watched that PCO/BrodyKing/Briscos match from ROH. Fucking hell. I'm not sure if I would recommend it but some of it is some mad shit and at one point a voice shouted "make it stop". For those if you without a WON sub Garrett's first comment when reviewing the match was with genuine concern "I don't mean to sound off but does PCO actually have a wife and kids". Ha ha.

Mobius

Watching live Raw because I called in sick to work.

So many adverts

hummingofevil

Well that sucks. And this fucking commentary once again. it is truly woeful when you want there are three people talking and the only one you don't want to shut up is Michael Cole.

hummingofevil

Why do they keep making out that storylines that have been fucking obvious for weeks are surprises? Does Vince think that he is that smart or that we are that thick.

Now Nia. If this is going to be a four way women's tag with Beth, Nia, Tamina and iiconics it could fucking stink out Mania.

hummingofevil

That more like it. Oh for more squash matches. That was just great.

Ja'moke

Baron Corbin as Angle's final opponent. You have to laugh.

Deanjam

Surely Cena will come out either at Mania or the Raw before and replace Snorebin. Right lads? Right?!!!

Having Seth lose fairly clean to end the show was also dumb.

That Women's tag four way looks awful as well.

And Ronda and her shitty husband can't piss off quick enough for me.

Not impressed by that Raw.

Moribunderast

Do Trips and Vince hate Kurt for leaving all those years ago? A retirement match against Corbin looks like quite the insult from my perspective. But then Corbin makes me long for euthanasia and I'm not even ill.

hummingofevil

In RAW's defense the the problem of the core booking being a bit shit is not going to go away for some time yet but you can tell there has been a genuine effort to change the dynamic of the actual show. There seemed to be a lot of Charlie last night and it feels that the segments are running into each other and in the most part it has a bit more pace to it.

Still got a lot of sub par stuff but I thought the Ronda stuff, Angle-Gable and the Seth / McIntyre stuff was pretty great stuff. It was okay for Rollins to lose like that last night as McIntyre looks strong (and they've fully established idea that Rollins is basically a bit of a headcase who can't control himself either way) but they need Rollins to just run through people like Ronda now up to Mania whether he is beating Lesnar or not.

up_the_hampipe

Drew McIntyre tried his very best to sell that match with Roman, Lukemia heat and all, but the crowd didn't care. Poor bloke.

Timothy

Drew has a great look but is just dull in the ring.

Corbin VS Angle? Why? Nobody gives a damn about this storyline!

Orton vs AJ.... poor AJ.

This might be the dullest Mania yet.