Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 11:48:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wrestling: The Baron Corbin Era

Started by Z, March 08, 2019, 01:10:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deanjam

I'm actually looking forward to AJ/Orton. I think they have good chemistry together.

Deanjam

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on March 19, 2019, 09:04:05 AM
Drew McIntyre tried his very best to sell that match with Roman, Lukemia heat and all, but the crowd didn't care. Poor bloke.

They keep referencing the leukemia despite it not going over with the crowd in any way.

ToneLa

McIntyre was a great brawler in ICDub and he was the very definition of over in that environment

I like him in WWE simply because of that and I think he deserves a push, but the WWE Style has robbed what I found exciting

Don't think he's remotely bad, but remember they almost pushed him before but even steven booking murdered it before it even got going

Mind you, a comparison with Corbin does him a whole heap of favours

Quote from: Deanjam on March 19, 2019, 10:08:43 AM
I'm actually looking forward to AJ/Orton. I think they have good chemistry together.

This shite still rolling on? Their feud is off to a very good start and their previous match has shown the match quality will be up there

Timothy

Its difficult to have any interest in a 2019 Randy Orton match. Mainly because Randy Orton seems to have no interest in a 2019 Randy Orton match.

ToneLa

Quote from: Timothy on March 19, 2019, 10:37:59 AM
Its difficult to have any interest in a 2019 Randy Orton match.

Yeah, you've said. How odd! Our tastes are different!

Ja'moke

Quote from: Deanjam on March 19, 2019, 06:47:02 AM
Surely Cena will come out either at Mania or the Raw before and replace Snorebin. Right lads? Right?!!!

According to the Meltz, there is a different match planned for Cena at Mania.

Hopefully Angle and Corbin will be a quick squash. With 17 potential matches, some of them need to be kept short, and this is one.

hummingofevil

FWIW this is the most interested I've been in Randy for a decade.
Its ever since that twerking video got leaked.

I also agree entirely that the word Leukemia needs to never be mentioned in any promo ever and should only be mentioned on screen in genuine Make A Wish / Charity awareness stuff from real life. It just makes you take intake of breath. Go away heat.

And how any of you didn't like that Ronda stuff? She is brilliant in this role as was obvious months ago.

They should have kept Roman benched until Summerslam. He's come back way too soon to sustain that sympathy heat.

ToneLa

Quote from: Ja'moke on March 19, 2019, 12:41:25 PM
According to the Meltz, there is a different match planned for Cena at Mania.

Hopefully Angle and Corbin will be a quick squash. With 17 potential matches, some of them need to be kept short, and this is one.

I'd rarely say a retiring legend should go over a newer young talent on their way oot the door but...

Ja'moke

That Raw was so bad, wasn't it? Three weeks until Mania and that's the shite they're churning out.

Elias v No Way Jose?
Those Moment of Bliss segments need to stop.
Balor and Lashley feel like they've been feuding for an entire year.
Crews v Corbin?

ToneLa

Yeesh it looked like a big show on paper but I haven't downloaded it yet

Strowman for the Battle Royal though? What a waste

Ja'moke

Strowman's probably going to do some spot with those SNL goons. Maybe the return of 10-year-old Nicholas.

Looking forward to Smackdown tonight at least. I was kind of hoping the gauntlet match would go the full two-hours, especially with them announcing it's opening the show. But now they've announced a Shane/Miz segment and Bayley/Sasha appearance, it's probably not going the full two hours. Still, should be fun.

ToneLa

Quote from: Ja'moke on March 19, 2019, 02:54:29 PM
Strowman's probably going to do some spot with those SNL goons. Maybe the return of 10-year-old Nicholas.

Laughed at the Worst Gimmick Observer award including Nicholas

Smackdown is kicking Raw's arse. Nothing new there but Mania is a couple weeks away!

Kofi in a gauntlet match should keep him way over. That's a kind of Babyface Against the Odds I like - actually prove it in the ring.

Maybe AJ will sabotage Orton's match. That's the thing about Smackdown - I enjoy finding out! Angles happen, they often have meaning and the matches are proper matches. Not hard is it?

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: hummingofevil on March 19, 2019, 08:29:20 AM
It was okay for Rollins to lose like that last night as McIntyre looks strong (and they've fully established idea that Rollins is basically a bit of a headcase who can't control himself either way) but they need Rollins to just run through people like Ronda now up to Mania whether he is beating Lesnar or not.

Rollins isn't really a destroyer though. He's a survivor. He can run through as many people as he wants, but it won't be believable when compared with Lesnar. His ironmatch showing on Raw a while ago established his resilience, presumably why the crowd root for him, similar with Kofi.

ToneLa

I thought he was an architect who then burns it down to slay the King

Deanjam

Rollins character should be the guy who finds a way to win with tactics, outsmarting his opponents. That's what I thought he was supposed to be as the Architect, especially after his win over Trips at Mania. But there's no consistency of characters in WWE.

Him losing to Drew, 3 weeks from Mania, just to build McIntyre for his inevitable defeat to Reigns, boils my piss. There was no need to book that match, but they couldn't resist.

hummingofevil

Fair enough. As I was watching I was thinking how they going to get out of the (what was a good) match without beating either one of them. I do see your point. Should have been a double DQ or something.

Last nights show just made me crave squash matches.

Deanjam

I'd have no problem with a squash match each week on both shows (maybe 2 on Raw). So long as it's not the same act doing the squash all the time. That gets boring. Would be nice just to see an AJ or Seth show off a few moves against an indie lad.

ToneLa

Why do they give away so many PPV quality match ups (maybe not matches!) on TV?

I can answer it myself with Short Term Booking For Ratings but it doesn't work does it?

Not even if you accept the narrow prism of TV Rights are Everything. Drew / Rollins could be a post Mania program. When D Bry first came back they juuuust couldn't wait

Reckon even steven booking is it again. I'd like a lower rung of jobbers, yknow? Shit, you could even promote one once in a while as an underdog. Just don't fucking sell losing stream as a gimmick, never gets over

There's just such a lack of imagination.

Deanjam

Someone filmed Seth's beatdown of Drew and caught the ridiculous lengths the cameramen have to go to in order to achieve Kevin Dunn's bullshit camerawork. Just ignore the gobshite's commentary.

https://twitter.com/WrestlinGifs/status/1107844137330446336

Deanjam

Also, what a shame Chad Gable isn't considered a big enough name for Kurt's last match. They could've told a hell of a story.

ToneLa

Kurt vs Team Angle, now that = buys

magval

What IS the saying about heroes becoming rivals? Is there one?

Deanjam

Quote from: ToneLa on March 19, 2019, 11:33:56 PM
Kurt vs Team Angle, now that = buys

Shame they never brought American Alpha up as the new team angle. Instead we got My Black Son.

Anyway, it's nearly Kofi time on Smackdown. Loving these 12 o'clock starts.

Deanjam

So much for the gauntlet match kicking off the show.

ToneLa

Quote from: Deanjam on March 20, 2019, 12:16:33 AM
So much for the gauntlet match kicking off the show.

I thought they announced it

Shows what WWE know

Deanjam

It's gonna close the show at this rate.

hummingofevil

So we could have had Rey / Andrade mask-vs-hair and Joe (or even R-Truth) doing the US title open challenge to with Cena coming out as a surprise and instead we are just getting Rey/Joe in a match with no build.

They really have forgotten how to script anything that is vaguely fun and exciting haven't they? How come their backroom team is stuffed full of TV writers who know the secret to US TV comedy is constant feedback from audience, yet they never fucking listen. Urgh.

Deanjam

Kevin Owens there, oozing more natural charisma and ease on the mic (in his second language) there than either of his guests.

Quote from: hummingofevil on March 20, 2019, 12:40:39 AM
So we could have had Rey / Andrade mask-vs-hair and Joe (or even R-Truth) doing the US title open challenge to with Cena coming out as a surprise and instead we are just getting Rey/Joe in a match with no build.

They really have forgotten how to script anything that is vaguely fun and exciting haven't they? How come their backroom team is stuffed full of TV writers who know the secret to US TV comedy is constant feedback from audience, yet they never fucking listen. Urgh.

Vince innit.

Deanjam

So they just couldn't resist overbooking the Kofi mania run. Load of shit.