Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:10:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wrestling: The Baron Corbin Era

Started by Z, March 08, 2019, 01:10:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deanjam

Quote from: Mobius on March 26, 2019, 05:37:59 AM
The Riott Squad Samoa Joe and The Revival are being treated like absolute geeks and I don't like it.

Revival & Joe are champions now and as such must lose every week. WWE booking rule #402.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Ja'moke on March 25, 2019, 08:29:48 PM
Vince's hatred of full names continues, as Mustafa Ali simply becomes... Ali: https://www.wwe.com/superstars/ali

So they got rid of the cool part of his name? Why not Mustafa if they're so insistent on singular names?

magval

My theory on the removal and adding of names was that they were trying to get them to chantable amounts of syllables - thus, Charlotte becomes CHAR LOT FLAIR, Antonio Cesaro becomes SIZ AR OH, there were a load that supported my theory, and AH LI, AH LI, AH LI would be class chant as well, if they plan on letting him get to that stage.

Doesn't work with all of them (RU SEV doesn't work as a chant), but there was a stage where I was convinced righteously of my correctitude.

Deanjam

Pretty sure I once saw a video of Dusty Rhodes talking at the Performance Centre about picking gimmick names with a 2:1 or 1:2 syllable ratio for this very reason.

Ja'moke

Dominic Dijakovic has got no chance.

Deanjam

13 matches already for Mania, with Kofi/Bryan still to be added. No men's tag title matches yet or a women's battle royal. All could be possible. Nothing for Kevin Owens, which is an absolute joke.

Deanjam

According to the Meltzer, Angle has been allowed to pick all the opponents on his retirement tour. The only one picked for his was Corbin.

up_the_hampipe

Angle should have announced the retirement a while ago so this could be a proper tour, just a new dream match every week. He might shake off the cobwebs performing more regularly.

Ja'moke

I'm expecting to see Demon Balor at Mania, so hopefully, that match with Lashley will be a squash. And if Angle v Corbin is going ahead, that too will hopefully be kept short. With that many matches, you can afford to have a couple of quick 'uns. I think that will also help with potential fatigue... you don't want 20+ minute match after 20+ minute match.

You want to kick the night off with something hot, and that might actually be Bryan v Kofi, even if it does feel a little harsh having the WWE title open the show. But it's a match people are invested in, will have a high work-rate, and one would hope, a feelgood moment with Kofi winning. It just sets things off on the right foot.

Deanjam

Poor Asuka. I'm beginning to despise this Mania main event.

hummingofevil

Quote from: Deanjam on March 27, 2019, 12:40:12 AM

Ha ha. Great minds and all that.

Deanjam

Quote from: hummingofevil on March 27, 2019, 12:43:12 AM
Ha ha. Great minds and all that.

Yeah. I imagine we weren't the only ones either.

Deanjam

I expected Orton to interfere but maybe not 30 seconds in.

hummingofevil

Angle looks properly fucked. Let's hope these last couple of matches aren't going to finish him off. I suppose having in with Headlock Corbin should be fairly safe.

Deanjam

Of course if they add Asuka to that match at make it a fatal-4-way then I'll forgive them.

Deanjam

Quote from: hummingofevil on March 27, 2019, 12:55:37 AM
Angle looks properly fucked.

Was quite enjoying the AJ match while it lasted. But yeah, he's buggered.

Ja'moke

Sad about Asuka losing. But they won me back around with the Kofi angle. Really loved the spot with the Usos during that match.

Haha! I knew the overbooking wasn't over. I knew they'd fuck it further.

Timothy

Quote from: Ja'moke on March 26, 2019, 10:02:34 PM
I'm expecting to see Demon Balor at Mania, so hopefully, that match with Lashley will be a squash. And if Angle v Corbin is going ahead, that too will hopefully be kept short. With that many matches, you can afford to have a couple of quick 'uns. I think that will also help with potential fatigue... you don't want 20+ minute match after 20+ minute match.

You want to kick the night off with something hot, and that might actually be Bryan v Kofi, even if it does feel a little harsh having the WWE title open the show. But it's a match people are invested in, will have a high work-rate, and one would hope, a feelgood moment with Kofi winning. It just sets things off on the right foot.

Rousey Becky and Charlotte should have opened the show with Kofi winning as the feel good main event. The WWE title match shouldnt open the card especially since its the most anticipated match on the card.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Ja'moke on March 27, 2019, 02:12:19 AM
Sad about Asuka losing. But they won me back around with the Kofi angle. Really loved the spot with the Usos during that match.

Yeah, Usos spot was really cool. I love the mutual respect those teams have.

Bollocks to Charlotte though. 8-time champion already?

up_the_hampipe

WWE's twitter account retweeting Becky's anti-corporate attacks on Charlotte's win last night isn't really helping the character. She's raging against the machine while being backed by the machine?

Ja'moke

My mate pointed out the probable reason why they put the title on Charlotte last night. So that Mania can close with this shot...

hummingofevil

But surely the belts will be on the line in the match?

Deanjam

They said last night that only Ronda's belt was on the line.

I can see the MMA bunch interfering in the match then Bayley and Sasha helping Becky and Charlotte fight them off. Then Becky beats Ronda and she and Charlotte kiss and make up after the match leaving the above money shot.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Deanjam on March 27, 2019, 01:27:41 PM
Then Becky beats Ronda and she and Charlotte kiss and make up after the match leaving the above money shot.

Oh you'd like that, wouldn't you. Filthy bugger.

Ja'moke

Quote from: hummingofevil on March 27, 2019, 12:56:24 PM
But surely the belts will be on the line in the match?

Just the Raw women's title. For now anyway.

Deanjam

Custard

It'll bring back heartwarming memories of Eddie and B_____t at WM20!

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Shameless Custard on March 27, 2019, 03:38:52 PM
It'll bring back heartwarming memories of Eddie and B_____t at WM20!

Which one do you think will go on to murder?