Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:43:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Favourite Swearing Moments

Started by DrGreggles, March 08, 2019, 12:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: QDRPHNC on March 08, 2019, 08:51:57 PM
Partridge telling Clifton to "Fuck off" over the traffic cone theft. Was very surprising to hear that word uncensored on TV back then.

I remember watching this episode as it was broadcast in a Navy barrack room of about 25 people and we were all astonished. It just wasn't the done thing at the time, it felt like a boundary being broken.

famethrowa

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on March 08, 2019, 02:46:29 PM
Sex Pistols and Bill Grundy is a great old classic.  Would have had far more impact, then, too.

Plenty of good swears in there, but "rotter" just slays me

Quote from: famethrowa on March 09, 2019, 12:44:58 PM

That's more Edwardian public-school pupil than seventies working-class yob.

alan nagsworth

The bit on The Thick of It when Malcolm takes Hugh out of the soundproof interview room and lays into him. It's mostly muffled but the perfunctory "cunt" at the end is a sledgehammer.

The gradually intensifying swearing in the adverts Bob and David pitch in the Globochem sketch is another favourite. I adore Jay Johnston and I love the advert he's in. Oddly, much like bleeped swears being a big hit, it's the way he says "motherrr!" that gets me the most.

grassbath

'JLB Credit, fuck off please'

Absolutely perfect delivery by Mitchell.

kalowski

Sebastian Cobb

Cock, bitch. Cock, bitch, motherfucker.

petril

Paul Calf's bit on why it's an 18, featuring the obvious "not including the swearwords I'm saying in this bit" gag

"Are we counting shites?"

idunnosomename

Can I just say this swear still hits like a tonne of bricks

Brian: I'm not the Messiah! Will you please listen?! I'm not the Messiah, do you understand?! Honestly!
Woman: Only the true Messiah denies his divinity!
Brian: What?! Well, what sort of chance does that give me?! All right, I am the Messiah!
Crowd: He is! He is the Messiah!
Brian: Now, fuck off!
[Silence]
Arthur: How shall we fuck off, oh Lord?

I guess it's really the care given to production that this does feel like it's The Greatest Story Ever Told where's someone's really just shouted "fuck off". And Graham Chapman's playing it so straight in losing his rag.

I mean we've already had the F-bomb in the film, but it's not as much of a shock when Reg says it to Brian. Except to Brian. Oooh, I wonder if that's supposed to be where he picked it up. It's a good film, isn't it

kalowski

Quote from: petrilTanaka on March 09, 2019, 08:04:15 PM
Paul Calf's bit on why it's an 18, featuring the obvious "not including the swearwords I'm saying in this bit" gag

"Are we counting shites?"

See also
QuoteThere is little or no offensive material, apart from four cunts, one clitoris, and a foreskin, and as they only occur in this opening introduction, you are past them now.

Noodle Lizard

In Peep Show when Mark and Super Hans try and break up Jeremy's relationship, Robert Webb's delivery of "everything has turned from gold ... into shiiiiiit."  Perfect.

The relatively few occasions where Partridge says "fuck".  There's a great one in the audiobook where he's talking about people yelling his catchphrase at him in the street:  "if they're doing it to get a rise out of me or think it bothers me, they couldn't be more wrong: I do not give a fucking shit, either way."

As mentioned, "Car wash cunt" is fantastic, as is the repeated "oh fuckin'ell" in Father Ted.

McChesney Duntz

Oh, thinking of Fry and Laurie, the bookstore sketch in the first episode of ABOFAL, where the author of The West Indies, A Nation Of Cricketers is casually revealed to be one Ted Cunterblast. Makes me giggle pubescently every cunterblasting time.

Kryton

Catterick's DI fowler:

QuoteAnd can I assure you that I, DI Fowler, will catch this dickhead, using the most advanced DNA techniques.

And also when he gets angry

QuoteShit shit shit shitty bang bang!

studpuppet

Quote from: Kryton on March 09, 2019, 11:51:06 PM
Catterick's DI Fowler:

"We are looking for a loose cannon; a loner; a tithead..."

Kryton

Quote from: studpuppet on March 10, 2019, 12:09:43 AM
"We are looking for a loose cannon; a loner; a tithead..."

Yes! That was the third example that I couldn't quite recall but wanted to quote!

Also was it Kinky John or was it DI Fowler who said something (in that mad American accent and inflection) - ..... 'Bounce a PING PONG ball off her ASS!'
What was that from? The Club or Catterick?

fucking ponderous

Bob Odenkirk in the supermarket, screaming "WHAT THE FUCK" upon seeing Kedzie Matthews is his replacement on Mr Show.

Globochem has already been mentioned, but I have to say the scene in the hamburger ad with Bob and David's intense swearing businessmen (or whatever they're supposed to be, the ambiguity of their exact character archetype makes it funnier to me) is one of my favorite moments in the whole show. David wearing sunglasses for no reason, Bob repeatedly turning to the camera with a shit eating grin.

up_the_hampipe

lestergunn

Item in Viz, on how Britain's ghost are getting ruder. Paraphrasing but ...

"Back in my day, ghosts used to just rattle their chains or walk through the wall with their head under their arm but we had one in here the other day. Said the B word, the F word and cunt."

hummingofevil

"Where is your God when you need him? Huh? Where is your beautiful merciful faggot now? Here I come God; here I come you fucking rat."

- Ze Mole, South Park the movie.

SteveDave

Quote from: famethrowa on March 09, 2019, 12:44:58 PM

I also enjoy the hard "T" of "Shit" when Rotten is asked what the rude word was.

bobloblaw

Quote from: lestergunn on March 10, 2019, 08:29:06 PM
Item in Viz, on how Britain's ghost are getting ruder. Paraphrasing but ...

"Back in my day, ghosts used to just rattle their chains or walk through the wall with their head under their arm but we had one in here the other day. Said the B word, the F word and cunt."

aka "the cunt word" - Stewart Lee

bobloblaw

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on March 08, 2019, 11:10:08 PM
Fuck Hugh.

"boy cock, girl cock, ee-ai-oh"

the whole scene is just magnificent

Harry Badger

Basil Fawlty's splendid use of 'arse' in Waldorf Salad. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFMpySg_UrM

It's the slow build-up before the explosive delivery, and also the slightly odd choice of expletive in the context. Top swearing.

alan nagsworth

"Did he call me Len again?! You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks!"

"Twat! That... was liquid football! SHIT!! He must have a foot like a traction engine!"