Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:35:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Favourite Swearing Moments

Started by DrGreggles, March 08, 2019, 12:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuellar

Kevin Eldon as police sketch artist: "Yeah, hello sarge, can we put a call out for someone who looks like a load of old... Bollocks."

Kevin Eldon as Tim Bishop in Big Train: "What do you want [butler's name], you fucking bastard"

alan nagsworth

When Nathan Barley says to Pingu, "Yeah, can't you see she's too fucked to laugh? You cunt", I think that's the only utterance of the word in any media where I've physically winced at the weight and venom of it. It still gets me now. It's brutal.

The Giggling Bean

At the start of an episode of Mr Show with Bob and David. Bob has blown off the show to do his grocery shopping. Whilst in the store he happens to see his substitute on a TV. Upon seeing this he screams "What the fuck". This never fails to make me laugh. He has a fantastic angry swear voice.

bobloblaw

Quote from: alan nagsworth on March 11, 2019, 06:50:48 PM
"Did he call me Len again?! You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks!"

"Twat! That... was liquid football! SHIT!! He must have a foot like a traction engine!"

bad/good parenting: I showed the latter to my football-crazy 8 year-old son and he literally leaped out of his chair to roll around the floor with laughter. Thankfully, 'yes yes yes .... yes!' and 'thriker!' are the bits he chooses to repeat in public

Fronty Prongs

In Peep Show, when Mark suddenly decides to attempt to get run over in order to avoid marrying Sophie and he lamely calls the driver a "piss kidney".

Thick of It, when Malcom barrages Phil and goes "... You mincing fucking CUNT!"
And Mannion: "I buy The Big Issue out of social embarrassment, not a FUCKING BANK!" The mounting rage is wonderful, and culminates in that series wonderfully.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Fronty Prongs on March 12, 2019, 12:15:38 PM
In Peep Show, when Mark suddenly decides to attempt to get run over in order to avoid marrying Sophie and he lamely calls the driver a "piss kidney".

And Mannion: "I buy The Big Issue out of social embarrassment, not a FUCKING BANK!" The mounting rage is wonderful, and culminates in that series wonderfully.

Stewart Pearson's parting speech about the party being built upon 'a solid bed of cunts' is magic as well.

hummingofevil

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on March 12, 2019, 01:07:58 PM
Stewart Pearson's parting speech about the party being built upon 'a solid bed of cunts' is magic as well.

It is but is the build that really cracks me up.

"a callous window"

Utter Shit

Every moment of Mannion is gold, but in particular his swearing, and in particular particular his spat pronunciation of "fucking".

"Oh God Stewart that doesn't even FUCKING rhyme"
"Good, that means I won't have to read any more of your FUCKING e-mails"

Rik Mayall on the Bad News album after getting duffed up by Den Dennis (Nigel Planer):

"Get your bloody hands off me! you..you..foul mouthed...you BIG PRICK!"

bobloblaw

Blue Jam's casual referencing of Esther Rantzen's "Cunts of Gold".

First scripted c-bomb I ever heard in a BBC comedy, and one deployed in reference to a national treasure of a show about which no-one ever publicly spoke ill.

that, and Drop the Dead Donkey's one-two of Sally losing it with 'fuck off George!' - a rarity back then even in C4 comedy, and especially in a studio one. Soon after came Gus's (I think) recollection of George going nuts in a paintball tournament and shouting 'motherfucker'

Pancake

Just before Charles delivers his I love you speech to the american he dashes out of a door muttering 'fuck it', hard to articulate here but nicely delivered

Pancake

When Limmy is busted doing his Requiem phone crank calls and he reacts with 'aye it has been me making the fuckin phone calls YA WANK, requiem! requiem!'

Pancake

Heh was going to post this but in leu of that another classic is 'you massive, GAY, SHITE! Fuck off!'

kalowski

All Surrogate

Bob Mortimer as Keith

A Bit Of Fry And Laurie - Tahitian Kitchen

Quote from: Cuellar on March 08, 2019, 12:16:46 PM
My favourite swearing moments are always where the swearing is bleeped out or covered up. Florence Nightingale in Big Train, Father Ted getting angry at Dougal in the Song for Europe episode.

The minister they interview in the bomb dog section of The Day Today is a recent favourite: https://youtu.be/jGTPqaNP710?t=170

Arrested Development - Buster's Outburst

magval

Your man saying FUCK! after the Alien cunts the fella up into the ceiling in Alien Cubed (Prison Fright Film).

kidney

Quote from: alan nagsworth on March 11, 2019, 07:22:26 PM
When Nathan Barley says to Pingu, "Yeah, can't you see she's too fucked to laugh? You cunt", I think that's the only utterance of the word in any media where I've physically winced at the weight and venom of it. It still gets me now. It's brutal.

Oooh yeah that's a great one

Jerzy Bondov

Quote from: Cuellar on March 11, 2019, 07:00:40 PM
Kevin Eldon as police sketch artist: "Yeah, hello sarge, can we put a call out for someone who looks like a load of old... Bollocks."

Kevin Eldon as Tim Bishop in Big Train: "What do you want [butler's name], you fucking bastard"
Another Big Train favourite for me is Mark Heap's "If you ever say anything about me not being married again I'll put your head through the fucking wall"

alan nagsworth

I can't remember it exactly, and I'd forgot all about it until today, but the guy on Four Lions calling Waj "James fuck Bond" and "FUCKING Mr. Beans" blows my mind.

kalowski

It sounds...fuckin barbershop... raga.
Hey, watch the, watch the language, you're paying homage to the King!

So, the swearing, and even better, Derek Small's response.

Cuellar

Quote from: All Surrogate on March 12, 2019, 08:54:50 PM

Haha there was one prime example of bleeping that I love and I couldn't bring it to mind, but it was this!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Another vote for

"ok there will be no more swearing you MASSIVE GAY SHITE!!!!!! FUCK OFF!!!!!!!"

All Surrogate

Quote from: Cuellar on March 13, 2019, 08:45:05 PM
Haha there was one prime example of bleeping that I love and I couldn't bring it to mind, but it was this!

Glad to be of service.  I really like how he gets so angry that he slips out of character and just calls her an old horny slut.

Jerzy Bondov

Quote from: All Surrogate on March 13, 2019, 11:15:31 PM
Glad to be of service.  I really like how he gets so angry that he slips out of character and just calls her an old horny slut.
My favourite part is how his volume ramps up so much under the first beep so he suddenly yells BUSTER when it stops

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Cuellar on March 13, 2019, 08:45:05 PM

Reminds me of Alan Partridge's traffic jingle https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb34DUZNOc8

bigfatheart

Quote from: All Surrogate on March 12, 2019, 08:54:50 PM

Fun bit of trivia: Because Tony Hale doesn't swear, he was actually just shouting the letters of the alphabet during filming.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: bigfatheart on March 14, 2019, 04:00:33 PM
Fun bit of trivia: Because Tony Hale doesn't swear, he was actually just shouting the letters of the alphabet during filming.

Has he never done a swear in Veep?

SteveDave

Quote from: bigfatheart on March 14, 2019, 04:00:33 PM

He doesn't swear? What a fucking duster.

ToneLa

I hate dirty language. But in Peep Show when the racist lobs a brick through the window I like Mark's progression from swearing to not. It's in reverse!

Good man