Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,491
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 04:52:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Have we had a jokes thread in a while?

Started by pancreas, March 08, 2019, 11:09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalowski

Quote from: Annie Labuntur on August 02, 2020, 01:31:53 AM
Probably not your friend's either.

Hmm I may investigate the other 46 "best sink jokes"

thenoise

My sink joined a 90s boyband that's right NSINK

My neighbour and I happened to be washing our hands at the same time - we were perfectly IN SINK with each other!

Wow that sink is so sexy. I would TAP THAT.

Is it time to PULL THE PLUG on these shitty sink jokes?

The Mollusk

Today my wife insinuated that I'm obsessed with sinks. I said "WATER you BASIN those accusations on?"

The Mollusk

I've come up with a pretty decent joke recently but I'm having trouble tying it together:

Did you hear about the werewolf newsreader who was shot dead live on air?

There was a special bulletin! (Bullet in - silver bullet gag)

It doesn't flow well enough though, since if you excuse the pun, the punchline isn't really a warranted reply to the question. Similarly you can't say "It was during a special bulletin" because that renders the pun invalid. Anyone care to help flesh out what could potentially be the greatest joke of all time?

thenoise

A man turned into wolf on the news

Werewolf?

ON THE NEWS

Captain Z

Quote from: The Mollusk on August 02, 2020, 02:58:14 PM
I've come up with a pretty decent joke recently but I'm having trouble tying it together:

Did you hear about the werewolf newsreader who was shot dead live on air?

There was a special bulletin! (Bullet in - silver bullet gag)

It doesn't flow well enough though, since if you excuse the pun, the punchline isn't really a warranted reply to the question. Similarly you can't say "It was during a special bulletin" because that renders the pun invalid. Anyone care to help flesh out what could potentially be the greatest joke of all time?

How did the TV crew kill the werewolf newsreader?

They had a gun with a special bulletin

?

The Mollusk

I had considered bringing the word "gun" into it as well but it still doesn't quite scan!

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

I made up a pretty good werewolf joke a while back.

Q: Who wrote " To The Lycanthrope"?
A: Why, Virginia Werewoolf, of course!

I remember telling this top gag to the author Tim Parks, and him guessing the punchline almost immediately, the smararse former EFL Teacher Tim Vine lookalike cunt.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Which actor has appeared in both Lord of the Rings and The Sopranos?

James GANDALFini

Artie Fufkin

Quote from: jobotic on August 02, 2020, 12:55:38 AM
This is a friend's, not mine. Wish it was.:

There's a basin at the front door. Let that sink in.

Brilliant!

Who wrote the pop song Driving Away From Home?
It's Immaterial.
Well it maybe to you, but it's driving me nuts!

Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead

I've been workshopping this for months woke up this morning with this, uh, snappy one-liner almost fully-formed. And I had to share the pain with someone.

In light of social distancing restrictions on eateries, and the growing trend towards flexitarian lifestyles, I'm sure you're all as excited as I am that Scrimshaw's - my local abattoir - have unveiled a radical new direction. They'll be offering healthy vegan meals delivered direct to your door. First item on the trial menu is a tempting dish of shredded cabbage in a tangy sauce. So join me in wishing goodbye and good riddance to Scrimshaw's Abattoir, and let's bid a warm welcome to Scrimshaw's exciting new Slaw to House operation.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead on August 05, 2020, 05:31:45 AM
I've been workshopping this for months woke up this morning with this, uh, snappy one-liner almost fully-formed. And I had to share the pain with someone.

In light of social distancing restrictions on eateries, and the growing trend towards flexitarian lifestyles, I'm sure you're all as excited as I am that Scrimshaw's - my local abattoir - have unveiled a radical new direction. They'll be offering healthy vegan meals delivered direct to your door. First item on the trial menu is a tempting dish of shredded cabbage in a tangy sauce. So join me in wishing goodbye and good riddance to Scrimshaw's Abattoir, and let's bid a warm welcome to Scrimshaw's exciting new Slaw to House operation.

I'm sorry, I appreciate that you've spent a lot of time on this joke, and in terms of effort, you'd be getting a full 10 out of 10 from the jolly jokes judges. The actual punchline, I'm afraid comes across as somewhat contrived, it's not terrible, but nor is it brilliant, and it is with a heavy heart that I feel compelled to  award a middling mark. So be it.
" Slaw To House": Number 5.

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on August 05, 2020, 09:04:08 AM
I'm sorry, I appreciate that you've spent a lot of time on this joke, and in terms of effort, you'd be getting a full 10 out of 10 from the jolly jokes judges. The actual punchline, I'm afraid comes across as somewhat contrived, it's not terrible, but nor is it brilliant, and it is with a heavy heart that I feel compelled to  award a middling mark. So be it.
So it goes.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

^ thanks for joining in. I feel lonesome no more.

holyzombiejesus

Can we have a joke/ sketch about Clinic thinking that their time has passed and that no-one's interested in their costumes any more so they ditch them and then they go on stage and everyone is wearing the masks and they say for fucks sake and the sketch ends?

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on August 05, 2020, 09:28:29 AM
^ thanks for joining in. I feel lonesome no more.
Can't leave you feeling lonesome in your appreciation for this fine writer. He skewers Oxbridge pretension quite wonderfully, and that scene where the gas-filled condoms get stuck up the chimney and explode, triggering the Dresden firestorm, is one of the great literary comic set-pieces.

pancreas

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on August 05, 2020, 09:04:08 AM

+1/-0 karm for this message.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead on August 05, 2020, 02:52:04 PM
Can't leave you feeling lonesome in your appreciation for this fine writer. He skewers Oxbridge pretension quite wonderfully, and that scene where the gas-filled condoms get stuck up the chimney and explode, triggering the Dresden firestorm, is one of the great literary comic set-pieces.
Yes, and you can see his influence on young Martin Amis, where he wrote that book about the feller going through times backwards, which he's actually quite happy about in that scene where he's removing a rubber Johnny glued onto his old lad with a cheese grater, 'cos it doesn't hurt that much when he does it backwards, or something.

Also, I could have just actually put " Slaw To House: Five" in that other post, couldn't I ? I was thinking of the song " Genius Move" by That Petrol Emotion at the time.

My 10,003rd post, and it's a cracker.

Norton Canes

Was watching the snooker just now and couldn't remember if Mark Selby had first won the World Championship in 2014 or 2015.

You should never confuse your Selby (sell by) dates.

wooders1978

What's scooby doo's least favourite type of venison?

"Roe deer"

notjosh

Facebook just reminded me of one of my posts from 2010.

QuoteBeing a parent is expensive. The other day I had to buy a baby monitor, for crying out loud!

Thought it might have been Tim Vine or something, but Google doesn't think so. If it is mine I've sadly become even less good at jokes over the intervening decade.

Artie Fufkin

Hand Solo

Being an existentialist for the hard of hearing is expensive. The other day I had to buy a megaphone, for sighing out loud!

Hand Solo

They've now done a show all about pandas'* periods.

It's called The Black & White Menstrual Show

*Or nuns.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Stone the crows! I'm in trouble with the RSPB again!

Pseudopath

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on August 27, 2020, 09:09:24 PM
Stone the crows! I'm in trouble with the RSPB again!

"Fuck a duck!" would work too.

Artie Fufkin