Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:37:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Old gig flyers and posters

Started by Captain Crunch, March 08, 2019, 11:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Crunch

Couldn't see a recent thread for this type of thing; can you beat this super boner-giving 1994 menu from The Trocadero in Kansas?

holyzombiejesus

I thought that was a picture of a bra next to the Mary Chain one.

imitationleather

Well stone me I'd not realised that Deee-Lite were an actual proper band that played gigs.

Gregory Torso

Most of the support acts in those ads are more appealing to me than the headliners (Doo Rag! GBV! Bunny Brains! Melvins!)

I love stuff like this. I'd always look at old copies of Flipside or Forced Exposure and think, "sheeeyit" while dreaming of moving of to America and doing nothing but going to see "some bomb ass shows"

Morrison Lard

Quote from: Captain Crunch on March 08, 2019, 11:25:39 PM
can you beat this super boner-giving 1994 menu from The Trocadero in Kansas?
This was the best festival/gig I've ever been to-

Head Gardener

I went to that Phoenix and yes, it was great but Bowie was in his D&B phase which was the only downer for me really

imitationleather

That Phoenix line-up is almost... Too good. I wouldn't know who to pick to see out of Bjork and Shed Seven on the Saturday, for instance.

Pauline Walnuts

Quote from: imitationleather on March 09, 2019, 05:02:41 PM
I wouldn't know who to pick to see out of Bjork and Shed Seven on the Saturday, for instance.

Is that some sort of sick joke?

The only festival I've been too is Reading 2003, hell of a line up that year.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Whatever happened to Huffamoose ?

momatt

Quote from: Head Gardener on March 09, 2019, 01:46:26 PM
I went to that Phoenix and yes, it was great but Bowie was in his D&B phase which was the only downer for me really

This was his best phase!