Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:21:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Destroyer...

Started by arpster, March 08, 2019, 11:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arpster

A convoluted, neo-noir heist thriller set in a depressing, murky LA....brilliantly directed and edited and with an astounding turn by an unrecognisable Nicole Kidman...I doubt I'll see a better film this year......how the fuck it got overlooked by the Oscars in favour of the shite that got nominated for the gongs is beyond me..

St_Eddie

Quote from: arpster on March 08, 2019, 11:33:45 PM
...how the fuck it got overlooked by the Oscars in favour of the shite that got nominated for the gongs is beyond me..

If you put any kind of credence into the Oscars and don't think that the whole thing is a sham where nominations and winners are decided by the politics of the rich and famous, as a means for them to fellate each other, then you're liable to spent a certain amount of time, every year, in a state of confusion and annoyance.

momatt

I went off award shows when Jon Bon Jovi beat DJ Shadow to a Brit award in 1998.
Best international male?  Bollocks mate.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: momatt on March 12, 2019, 04:16:12 PM
I went off award shows when Jon Bon Jovi beat DJ Shadow to a Brit award in 1998.
Best international male?  Bollocks mate.

Best International Male that the aged and isolated panel have heard of and whose music is at worst inoffensive.