Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:22:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Monkey Dust appreciation thread

Started by Ferris, March 09, 2019, 03:58:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Dr Syntax Head on March 25, 2019, 11:12:16 AM
Loved it but it was of it's time.

Rewatching it now I have the same feeling

Quote from: the on March 23, 2019, 12:10:29 PM
Even the shittest CaB memes have more effort, imagination and conviction put into them than that line.

"volunteered to be the cum sponge in a soho fetish club"

"spent the night in a boarding kennel up to my nuts in a king charles spaniel"

"been the anal gimp of a german business man"

Retinend

Which parts seem especially of its time? Genuine question.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Retinend on March 27, 2019, 07:30:36 PM
Which parts seem especially of its time? Genuine question.

The early 00s prosperity meets beigeness meets try-hardiness. The comfortable dumbed-down miasma that gave us Love Actually, that acted as the springboard for modern outrage culture

the

Aren't you just dancing around the idea that the premise was treated as the most important thing, and the lack of imagination or skill in the writing is its weakness? Because that was apparent when it came out.

Or is 'of its time' code for 'I'm not a stoned student anymore'.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: the on March 28, 2019, 12:07:29 AM
Aren't you just dancing around the idea that the premise was treated as the most important thing, and the lack of imagination or skill in the writing is its weakness? Because that was apparent when it came out.

who are you talking to?

I wasn't a stoned student when I first saw it. Never have been. Just revisiting it again now and it doesn't have that kick.

I've been watching Ivan Dobsky.

Nelson Mandela never dun it either.

Quote from: the on March 28, 2019, 12:07:29 AM

Please don't take this in a negative way but you seem to be getting angry over a TV show that finished the best part of fifteen years ago, maybe it's time to move on.

the

Quote from: Special K on March 29, 2019, 09:55:30 AM
Please don't take this in a negative way but you seem to be getting angry over a TV show that finished the best part of fifteen years ago, maybe it's time to move on.

I'm just doing some comedy criticism on a comedy discussion board.
You're having that reaction where you try to exaggerate the critic as being 'angry and unnecessary' because you don't like what they're saying about the show.

If you don't like what I'm saying about the show, make some points rather than feebly trying to make me appear risible. Process it the right way.