Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:46:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Marilyn "the God of Fuck" Manson

Started by alan nagsworth, March 10, 2019, 03:57:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Like being asked to rate a drug you don't need. Impossible for me to understand, but suffice to say I don't enjoy any of it, didn't at the time and definitely not as an adult.

madhair60

I dislike the drugs but they think I'm good
I dislike the drugs the drugs the drugs

QDRPHNC

Reminded of the thread when I met up with Blodwyn and FerriswheelBueller for a nice coffee this past weekend, in Toronto's Distillery District, and I remembered that's where they shot the Beautiful People video. Takes the edge off it a little bit, especially if you've ever been to the delightful Christmas market there.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: SteveDave on March 12, 2019, 10:07:23 AM
I remember liking "The Dope Show" when I saw him do it on some MTV awards show and he'd gathered round some nice black people to sing the chorus.

I might've been there. he was one of the acts at the EMAs when they were in dublin... 1999? I witnessed them soundchecking. I was standing on solid concrete just outside the venue, watching through the load-in doors, & the ground was shaking. don't really remember much else about our brian except that everything about his output seemed designed to shock exactly the sort of people who wouldn't be watching Mtv, & so it all seemed a bit wasted. was he in the papers much? I can't remember there being a lot of mainstream outrage at his antics. not got a lot of time for that sort of music personally, though I liked what reznor & co did for the 'vietnam war' series.

Chriddof

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on March 26, 2019, 06:21:26 PM
was he in the papers much? I can't remember there being a lot of mainstream outrage at his antics.

I vaguely recall seeing an attempted stab at such a thing in a local newspaper article from Swansea(?). The fan they got in to defend him was a policeman.

BeardFaceMan

I don't recall him being in the press much here, he was successful rather than famous, but in America he was certainly a mainstream media bad guy, especially after he got blamed for Columbine.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on March 27, 2019, 05:12:00 PM
I don't recall him being in the press much here, he was successful rather than famous, but in America he was certainly a mainstream media bad guy, especially after he got blamed for Columbine.

ah, yeah, that... of course.