Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:34:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Never used to be this windy, did it?

Started by king_tubby, March 10, 2019, 10:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

king_tubby

Like, 15-20 years ago - we didn't have this mad wind did we?

Makes you think.

H-O-W-L

ToneLa

My diet was if anything, worse, 15-20 years ago

Cerys

Quote from: king_tubby on March 10, 2019, 10:25:24 PM
Like, 15-20 years ago - we didn't have this mad wind did we?

Makes you think.

Gorden Kaye would probably beg to differ.

Funcrusher

Absolutely biting cold wind round my way today, paired with sunny blue sky. Climate is fucked.

H-O-W-L

Both of them. Flew across the side of the house and shattered in next door's garden like the cylinder from War of the Worlds.

biggytitbo

It was very windy in the 90s wasnt it?

Captain Z

Sunshine and rain in the same day here. We're doomed.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Captain Z on March 10, 2019, 10:54:37 PM
Sunshine and rain in the same day here. We're doomed.

[tag]Zoe's first drafts[/tag]

H-O-W-L

Kryton

I reckon it's probably so windy that it'd turn your umbrella inside out. That's what I reckon.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: H-O-W-L on March 10, 2019, 10:53:23 PM
Flew across the side of the house and shattered in next door's garden like the cylinder from War of the Worlds.

That sounds painful. Are you alright?

Thursday

It absolutely did used to be this windy, and that's all I have to say on the matter.

Replies From View

H-O-W-L

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on March 10, 2019, 11:12:51 PM
That sounds painful. Are you alright?

I'm alright, the garden isn't.

[tag]"i'm so sorry!" screams flying gazebo[/tag]

Kryton

I reckon that it's so windy that if you were standing in  the wind you might hear a sullen flute sound. But it's actually just the sound of the wind. That's what I reckon.

Mr Banlon

thenoise

My brother was known for very frequent and very smelly farts. Baked beans would set him off, of course, but his worst trigger were butter beans - my mum used to make a delicious butter bean stew, but my gosh my brother's room would be a no-go zone afterwards. I don't know how he could stand to be in the same room as his own bum to be honest, though I suppose he didn't really have the choice.

My wife is pregnant, so a little windier than usual, but her sweet little toots can't be compared to my brother's ungodly blasts.

king_tubby

Quote from: Thursday on March 10, 2019, 11:33:23 PM
It absolutely did used to be this windy, and that's all I have to say on the matter.

Prove it, mister.

Replies From View

Quote from: king_tubby on March 11, 2019, 08:15:15 AM
Prove it, mister.

Just look at the packaging from the old days compared with now.

the

Foolishly went for a walk along a sandy seafront yesterday. It was like being subjected to an industrial paint-removal process.

Ray Travez

Quote from: Kryton on March 10, 2019, 11:09:55 PM
I reckon it's probably so windy that it'd turn your umbrella inside out. That's what I reckon.

I think you're right. I reckon this wind, if you went outside with a hat on, the wind would blow it off, that's what I reckon.

Cuellar

NoSleep

Kryton

Quote from: Ray Travez on March 11, 2019, 11:05:45 AM
I think you're right. I reckon this wind, if you went outside with a hat on, the wind would blow it off, that's what I reckon.

I reckon you're right.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Thursday on March 10, 2019, 11:33:23 PM

Do you remember the great wind of '62? Lifted Mrs. Muggins right off her feet, so it did.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Cuellar on March 11, 2019, 11:05:59 AM
Famously windy in 87.

My step-dad's one claim to fame is that he predicted the storm when the BBC failed to. And then he died four years later. A coincidence? Or did Big Weather finally get to him? I think it's pretty clear it's the latter.

Replies From View

Thirty years ago it was definitely so windy that you couldn't eat anything outside; it would have gone everywhere if you'd tried.

So...